• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Dawn and Serena Meet Up With May and their rivals?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I highly doubt Serena would ever be this shallow

Minette has Blue hair and Serena has never once insulted her Minette's hair color
I agree, it would be out of character for her to say something like that.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I dont see Harley meeting with the wonderful Serena, butI would want Harely to meet with the blue fish girl from sm. He would be shocked from her embarrassing sense of style. He would probably faint and tell her she needs a makeover pronto (not that it would help her).
I would also want Dawn and Serena to meet with Drew. Such wonderful wonderful characters

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I think Serena would dislike both Harley & Drew. She might call them freaks because of their hair color.
Is every character in this anime a toxic and shallow excuse for a human being? I’ve seen toxic fans with more dignity and class than whatever vision you have for these characters.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
How is it that its the 'Serena fans' who fail to get her character at all lmao
Anyway I think Dawn and May should just win a grand festival at this point (Bonus points tho if they are shown beating Zoey and Drew/Solidad)
I dont care much for Serena doing a contests, id rather they skip past her using contests as training and show her beating Aria to become Kalos Queen

KukuiFanatic501

How is it that its the 'Serena fans' who fail to get her character at all lmao
Anyway I think Dawn and May should just win a grand festival at this point (Bonus points tho if they are shown beating Zoey and Drew/Solidad)
I dont care much for Serena doing a contests, id rather they skip past her using contests as training and show her beating Aria to become Kalos Queen
Eh. I mean considering the very large majority who hated Showcases and wishes they never bring them back to the series, its
probably a lot more preferable that Serena shows us her progress in contests.

I agree though that they should show May or Dawn winning a GF. Very past due.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Yes. In fact it was one of my fan project ideas, having May, Dawn & Serena teaming up and go against their respective rivals in a Pokemon Contest like competition.

thor94

Unfortunately, Serena will likely never appear again in the anime franchise (unlike all other ash compagnion or even their game counterpart, Serena is the only main character to date who basically never come back or appear in any of new generations or the short anime spinoff/oav)

janejane6178

Unfortunately, Serena will likely never appear again in the anime franchise (unlike all other ash compagnion or even their game counterpart, Serena is the only main character to date who basically never come back or appear in any of new generations or the short anime spinoff/oav)
Yes, the writers don't love her for some reason.
But I think its for the best cuz the series became like Hanna Montana, only that you dont get the best of both worlds.

Anyhow, maybe Dawn and May will meet again and compete in a contest?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
??? Im no shipper or anything but....why do people do this? Because they're both coordinators? :0
Keep-away shipping. Serena's a popular ship with Ash (for obvious reasons) so people just ship her with whoever they can so they can ship Ash with their preferred girl instead (in this case, is pretty obvious who said girl would be).

Aside from this, I don't get this 'Serena won't show up in the series, and it's because the writers hate her!' angle. First of all, we don't know whether or not she'll show up. Secondly, if she doesn't show up, it's almost certainly because they have no clue how to handle her whole...thing with Ash, rather than a personal hatred for her character.

DatsRight

I actually kinda wanna see Jessie among past performers really, since she was a consistent throughout all the arcs and was actually allowed to get better, starting off a constant dropout or a crony for Harley who never won a ribbon in AG to actually being a rather graceful coordinator who made the semi finals by the end of XY.

Harley would especially be interesting since he was essentially Jessie in her later points, though he never really grew out of spite wars and playing dirty while Jessie at least came to appreciate getting a good place without cheating. Harley kinda feels like he would obsess over May to his own detriment as much as TR do Pikachu, meaning he might be in kind of bad way if he was shown again. :p

Last edited:

Rikerran

It's kinda weird to think both Dawn and Serena inspired Koharu and introduced her to Contests but May did not. Obviously May isn't going to appear this series so it's too late, but having her meet every coordinator but one feels odd.

janejane6178

It's kinda weird to think both Dawn and Serena inspired Koharu and introduced her to Contests but May did not. Obviously May isn't going to appear this series so it's too late, but having her meet every coordinator but one feels odd.
I will always remember May from my childhood. I loved seeing her doing contests so much.
The nostalgia hurts.. =[

What's weird is they had Koharu mentored by two characters who do Contests but not the first coordinator. Koharu wore her ORAS dress though.
Technically Serena doesn’t do Contests

SatoSereFan224888

I will always remember May from my childhood. I loved seeing her doing contests so much.
The nostalgia hurts.. =[
Me too but I think May decided to move on with her life so she doesn’t do contests anymore.