• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Dawn and Serena Meet Up With May and their rivals?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Nah I’m good. Drew was a wanna be casanova that was came off as very corny and Harley was just extremely extra and not in a good way

Syedsan

Harley was just extremely extra and not in a good way
He worked well as an antagonistic rival and doubled as a villain, and got enough screentime to make him more important. I'm not sure what you mean by extra, he was a more internal part of the whole second/third year of May's arc. And when all 3 of them were in the same eps together they had some great chemistry and interactions:

People on twitter are literally raving

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It’ll be amazing to have another episode where all their rivals get together and get along, talking about them. That moment in BW was gold!

Sham

The Guardian of War
Dawn’s rivals were peak. Zoey constantly helping the competition and prepping Dawn to be a worthy opponent in the finals was awesome. She put friendship before winning. Ursula trying to be petty and find out why Dawn was scared of the Pikachu clones and use them in their battle was pettiness to the top. Nando was fine.

Syedsan

Problem with Nando is he disappeared for 80% of DP and he never battled Dawn in a single contest. I always saw him as more of Zoey's rival than Dawn's, which makes sense since Zoey battled him. Dawn and Nando actually never battled again after episode 4 which was really weird. It's difficult to say he was a rival to her since they never faced one another in a contest.

I liked Ursula but a lot of her antics felt like the writers were re-doing Harley but as a girl this time and without the villain antics. The way she'd get angry when she lost and sneer at Dawn from a mile away was the same thing they did with Harley. And sadly we never get to see Ursula beat Dawn at least once, Dawn beats her 3 times in a row making the rivalry look one-sided.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Dawn’s rivals were peak. Zoey constantly helping the competition and prepping Dawn to be a worthy opponent in the finals was awesome. She put friendship before winning. Ursula trying to be petty and find out why Dawn was scared of the Pikachu clones and use them in their battle was pettiness to the top. Nando was fine.

No, i would say may's rivals were little better, drew seriously looked like a very skilled coordinator who was always one step ahead kinda like gary in OS and paul in DP while harley was epitome of antagonist rival who would go to extreme to hurt may.

KukuiFanatic501

You know it's weird to think May met Zoey, but Dawn never did meet any of May's rivals.
Honestly this always bothered me about Mays return. I wish that they also had Drew and Harley return for the Wallace Cup Arc so that it would’ve been a true clash of May and her rivals against Dawn and hers. Kenny and Zoey both competed in the Wallace Cup so it would’ve been interesting to see Dawn battle at least either Drew or Harley like they did with May and Zoey and give Kenny the other matchup.

Instead, they wasted screen time by having Ash and Buizel participate when there wasn’t any reason for them to do that.

Seeing Drew and Harley only get a few second cameo of watching the Wallace cup from Johto like Max was really disappointing.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Serena meets them and she'll be devastated when they share their surely not-romantic experiences with Ash.

Misty: He destroyed my bike but then got it back for me when I thought he forgot.
May: He helped me to become a trainer.
Dawn: We traded Pokemon and shared battle tips!
Iris: Pfft! It's not like I LIKE him LIKE him just because I tease him a lot. He's alright.
Lillie: He came to my house and we raised our bab-er, an egg together.
Serena: Well, I threw snowballs at him and kissed him out of the blue!
Everyone Else: ...

Serena meets them and she'll be devastated when they share their surely not-romantic experiences with Ash.

Misty: He destroyed my bike but then got it back for me when I thought he forgot.
May: He helped me to become a trainer.
Dawn: We traded Pokemon and shared battle tips!
Iris: Pfft! It's not like I LIKE him LIKE him just because I tease him a lot. He's alright.
Lillie: He came to my house and we raised our bab-er, an egg together.
Serena: Well, I threw snowballs at him and kissed him out of the blue!
Everyone Else: ...
More like relieved.
I’ll pay a lot of money to see the Pokegirls (and ESPECIALLY BROCK) to see their reaction when they find out that not only is Serena romantically attracted to Ash, but she kissed him on the lips as well.

Otto's

Instead, they wasted screen time by having Ash and Buizel participate when there wasn’t any reason for them to do that.
Ash trying contests was fine. It made him integrate more in the arc and Buizel deserved to be on a contest at least once; which paid out well given the proper culmination of the Ice Aqua Jet. What Wallace Cup did wrong was to not properly introduce Ursula; they could just changed the random trainer that defeated Ash for her and it would play basically the same.

Drew, Harley and Soledad joining it might sound nice in paper, but the plot would feel somewhat convoluted.

KukuiFanatic501

Ash trying contests was fine. It made him integrate more in the arc and Buizel deserved to be on a contest at least once; which paid out well given the proper culmination of the Ice Aqua Jet. What Wallace Cup did wrong was to not properly introduce Ursula; they could just changed the random trainer that defeated Ash for her and it would play basically the same.

Drew, Harley and Soledad joining it might sound nice in paper, but the plot would feel somewhat convoluted.
I mean they could have had Ash join another contest to debut Buizel in, or have Dawn use him in a contest before they traded. I like Ash doing contests but just felt including Drew and Harley (Soledad can be left out tho) would’ve been a stronger decision so it’s not just May and Dawn meeting each other, but the past rivals meeting the new ones. Drew even had Roselia evolve and the 3 seconds of it next to him is the only time we ever see it on screen. I didn’t actually know it evolved even until I went back to rewatch the episodes and saw it.

That and defeating May to get the win after her losing streak would’ve felt better if she had at least battled one of her rivals. Drew and Harley are the only rivals who, in my opinion, were on equal footing with the female protag the whole time to make it feel like a real rivalry amongst the trio. As cool as it is to see Ash do non battling stuff (in a way at least), Drew and Harley deserved more than what they got in DP if you ask me.