• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Dento fall for some COTDs like Brock did?

Do you want to see some attraction b/w Dento and some COTDs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I thought he'd be more of a reverse Brock: he attracts girls instead of being attracted to them.

The other thing going on here is just plain stupid. It's not because I am against it happening but because I feel it would add nothing to the show. This is Pokemon which is a show about Pokemon and the problems that come with raising and interacting with Pokemon. Trainer character development has and will always be secondary to the interaction that characters have with Pokemon. Dento is already a second tier character. What would having him holding hands with someone add to the show? Nothing.

What did Brock crushing on every girl he meets add to the show? Nothing until five years later when he somehow developed the supernatural ability to detect when someone was cross dressing.

What did characters like Lucy, Anabel, and Macey crushing on main characters add to the show? Nothing.

Even long term romance between Pokemon like we saw between Pikachu and Buneary ultimately meant nothing. Pikachu didn't even say goodbye to Buneary before leaving for Kanto.

The closest we've had to a romantic angle actually being relevant was when Chikorita was around and its unhealthy obsession with Ash made for a Plot point in an episode from time to time. Can we really call the passing glances between other characters " Character Development "? That just seems secondary to me.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I thought he'd be more of a reverse Brock: he attracts girls instead of being attracted to them.

The other thing going on here is just plain stupid. It's not because I am against it happening but because I feel it would add nothing to the show. This is Pokemon which is a show about Pokemon and the problems that come with raising and interacting with Pokemon. Trainer character development has and will always be secondary to the interaction that characters have with Pokemon. Dento is already a second tier character. What would having him holding hands with someone add to the show? Nothing.

What did Brock crushing on every girl he meets add to the show? Nothing until five years later when he somehow developed the supernatural ability to detect when someone was cross dressing.

What did characters like Lucy, Anabel, and Macey crushing on main characters add to the show? Nothing.

Even long term romance between Pokemon like we saw between Pikachu and Buneary ultimately meant nothing. Pikachu didn't even say goodbye to Buneary before leaving for Kanto.

The closest we've had to a romantic angle actually being relevant was when Chikorita was around and its unhealthy obsession with Ash made for a Plot point in an episode from time to time. Can we really call the passing glances between other characters " Character Development "? That just seems secondary to me.
Wow; nothing else has rung this true on the forums. It's really all about the fact that people look too much into TV shows and are looking for zebras (please tell me I got this analogy right). Maybe if people stopped overanalyzing everything they might actually have fun watching the show, as they're supposed to.

BlueVapor

Umm, no Dento should not fall for people like Brock. Dento already follows Brock in terms of being the cook, we don't need him to also have this too. Then people will really be calling Dento a Brock 2.0.

Instead, I feel as though it could be the opposite, and Dento could attract girls, but not really be interested :/

Last edited:

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
Yeah it would be interesting if girls fell in love with him instead. Kind of like those fan girls at him and his brother's gym.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
NO! He shouldn't be like Brock & definitely, he shoudn't be a gay either -.-

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Hmmm....

People agree with me...

Hmmm....

Not sure I like it...

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Dent won't be chasing after women...

It's kinda obvious that he likes the other gender, if ya get what I'm sayin'.

There is NOTHING that suggests what you're saying

Teshub

Banned
There is NOTHING that suggests what you're saying

Where is "evidence" that Dento has preference for women? There isn't either. Kayne West said it best, lack of evidence is not confirmation of proof.

Dento has a different sensibility compared to Brock. he is not the typical hetereo horndog, if he likes someone it will be bcus he has good chemistry with them. for ex. if Dento ever met someone like Nando they would get along fine.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Where is "evidence" that Dento has preference for women? There isn't either. Kayne West said it best, lack of evidence is not confirmation of proof.

Dento has a different sensibility compared to Brock. he is not the typical hetereo horndog, if he likes someone it will be bcus he has good chemistry with them. for ex. if Dento ever met someone like Nando they would get along fine.

Or Princess Salvia...>_>

Really with what you just said he's back to where he was. NOWHERE. There's no proof that he's gay, no proof that he's straight. (look at Paul. Has he shown an attraction to females? No. Does that make him like guys? No.) Poor Dent :(...he's probably sick of his fangirls/boys drooling over him...

Maybe he should just sing this:
God’s crime was to make someone as beautiful as I
I can see the reflection of me in your eyes and it’s no good
My divine punishment is that the love I give will make your heart burst
Nevertheless I am in love with you so I should probably stop this…
GUILTY BEAUTY LOVE

Last edited:

Teshub

Banned
The other thing going on here is just plain stupid. It's not because I am against it happening but because I feel it would add nothing to the show.

If you feel it adds nothing howcome the writers always use it? it doesnt even take 5% of the show's time, it will be boring if the only thing they ever talk about in the show is pokemon all the time.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
If you feel it adds nothing howcome the writers always use it? it doesnt even take 5% of the show's time, it will be boring if the only thing they ever talk about in the show is pokemon all the time.

There's a word for that sort of thing. It's called...

FILLER!!!

EDIT: Rank up! I'm Hoenn up the slope! Zip-zop-zoobity-bop!

Last edited:
it will be boring if the only thing they ever talk about in the show is pokemon all the time.

Dude, the show is called "Pokemon."

Oh and quit sending me pms! I will call you every name in the book if I want to. You're just so ****ing annoying!

Aquadon

TCG Trainer

God forbid they talk about Pokemon in a show called "Pokemon". Quick thought: Would you be opposed to Dent falling for a girl with class (say, using the example above, Princess Salvia?)

Oh please. Dent is the definition of yaoi.
Or he's just sophisticated. God forbid someone who dresses well is also straight.

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
I don't even know what to say about this. I mean, I'd be all for Dento (Please stop calling him Dent -_-) being gay, but even I can tell that it would be a horrible move on the writers part. No, I'm not a self hating gay, but I know on a firsthand basis how a vast majority of people are towards homosexuality and I know exactly what would happen; parents would get furious and attempt to get the show taken off the air, they'd stop buying their children the games and pokemon would ultimately die.

There still are a massive group of religious people that believe pokemon is the spawn of Satan. We don't wanna give them more fuel and things to hate on, do we?

Teshub

Banned
Oh and quit sending me pms! I will call you every name in the book if I want to. You're just so ****ing annoying!

who do you think you are? dont come here to interrupt our discussion with your hatred. if you want to call ppl names and bash gays (shows what kind of person you are) then at least have the decency of doing it over pm and not disrupt us. i already reported you, the mods will probably do nothing about it, but at least they will know what kind of ignorance you are spreading.

There still are a massive group of religious people that believe pokemon is the spawn of Satan. We don't wanna give them more fuel and things to hate on, do we?

well, the japanese fandom is totally in love with Dento being homosexual. i mean look at all the art they did on him, its so homoerotic, even stuff that i thought only those in the community knew about.

http://www.pixiv.net/search.php?word=デント&s_mode=s_tag

and they understand the language and totally get what the writers are trying to say about dento.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.