• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Dig be a HM in future games

Dragonite Doom

The Darkest Dragon
To me dive as an HM rocked and fly was always awesome. They still never used dig as a HM. You can use it like to get to the bottom part of a cave or mine. I still think is should be a HM it is awesome

Porygandrew

I don't think it should be included as an HM, but I wouldn't mind it being included in other overworld effects that are utilized in the game - maybe some sidequest stuff.
I'd like that for a lot of moves like those, actually, to be able to show off pokemon moves as handy outside of battle.
Maybe someone made a bad pot of noodles and his house stinks, "Voila! Sweet Scent!" (omgbattlewithastunky!)

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
No, because,

1. It's not required to get through the game. (Neither is Fly but it makes it hell of a lot easier.)
2. Pokemon can learn it through level up, and the only other pokemon that learns HM moves through level up is Rayquaza.

Dragonite Doom

The Darkest Dragon
Anyway i still think it will be cool to have dig as a HM. Hey mabey a in the future games dig will be like Dive or something, right

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
No, I don't think so. Pokemon can learn it via leveling up, and we have Escape Ropes here. But if Dig will have a new effect in the future games (such as going into a secret underground, for example), Which is definitely not the "escaping caves" thing, it will be a HM then.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
If there weren't so many Pokemon that could learn in, then yeah. Dig is inferior to Earthquake, and if you couldn't get rid of dig because of it's HM status, that would be like a hard kick in the balls.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Ooh ooh ooh! I made a region of my own in the fan sprites section and Dig is an HM!! you use it not only to escape caves, but to enter the dirt under berry patches, where there are even more caves!

Inferno52387

Battle Tower Victim
No, because,

1. It's not required to get through the game. (Neither is Fly but it makes it hell of a lot easier.)
2. Pokemon can learn it through level up, and the only other pokemon that learns HM moves through level up is Rayquaza.

Goldeen/Seaking learns Waterfall
Lots of things learn Dive which used to be an HM
Even more learn Whirlpool which is an HM in HG/SS

So the fact that it can be learned naturally doesn't nessisarily mean that it shouldn't be an HM, but I totally agree that it shouldn't because it doesn't help you progress through the game.

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
Dig doesn't need to be a HM to be useful outside of battle, look at headbutt, flash etc they're not HMs
Sides I don't think it should become one.

Mrpuc

Shocked!
If dig becomes a HM the escape rope will become obselete and it is a tradition in pokemon :p

Dragonite Doom

The Darkest Dragon
Well what if the region is underground and dig is like fly.