• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should disobedient Pokemon be disqualified from official battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Um why was this thread made again?? You could of just told Sushi to tell the bulbapedia haters to knock it off.

Anyway I think there should be a limit to what the disobedient pokemon can do.

matt0044

Um why was this thread made again?? You could of just told Sushi to tell the bulbapedia haters to knock it off.

Sorry, I just got all caught up in my frustration. I just thought pulling the plug on the last plug would've been a clearer message that I wasn't going to take it anymore.

LizardonX

Banned
Only if said disobidience prevents said pokemon from fighting. Dragonite vs mamoswine is acceptable even though I hate that battle with all my being. Dragonite rampaging after being hit by dragon claw. No way in hell.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Only if said disobidience prevents said pokemon from fighting. Dragonite vs mamoswine is acceptable even though I hate that battle with all my being. Dragonite rampaging after being hit by dragon claw. No way in hell.

Aww come on lol, at least Mamowine finally got another ice move out of it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I meant BW, but yeah every battle other than the league battle gave paul a plot armor made of diamond 100 feet thick.

Um the 4th gym?? Seriously they handed Ash a gym battle for no reason lol.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Hello everyone. Just so everyone's clear - this thread has been merged with the old thread. Anyone from this point on that takes it upon themselves to bash/flame Bulbagarden or its members will get infracted with an Intent to Annoy Others infraction, worth 5 pts. That's because not only is it very offtopic, and it violates the specified generalization rule we announced a month or so ago, but it has obviously annoyed the OP so much that he deleted the original thread because of it.

This thread isn't about Bulbagarden. Please stay on topic, thank you.

I think disobedient Pokemon should not be disqualified like during Ash vs. Ritchie, and neither should sleeping Pokemon. A Pokemon should be considered defeated once it's really defeated. A disobedient Pokemon can (even though the chance is small) suddenly obey during a battle, or just battle on its own without listening to its Trainers commands. And a sleeping Pokemon - which can sometimes be caused by disobedience (Charizard) - can wake up before getting defeated.

However, if the disobedient Pokemon causes too much danger, the Pokemon should be retreated to its Poke Ball and considered defeated. But disqualifying a Trainer in a 3 vs. 3 battle because his first Pokemon is disobedient would be unfair.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think disobedient Pokemon should not be disqualified like during Ash vs. Ritchie, and neither should sleeping Pokemon. A Pokemon should be considered defeated once it's really defeated. A disobedient Pokemon can (even though the chance is small) suddenly obey during a battle, or just battle on its own without listening to its Trainers commands. And a sleeping Pokemon - which can sometimes be caused by disobedience (Charizard) - can wake up before getting defeated.

However, if the disobedient Pokemon causes too much danger, the Pokemon should be retreated to its Poke Ball and considered defeated. But disqualifying a Trainer in a 3 vs. 3 battle because his first Pokemon is disobedient would be unfair.

This pretty much. What Dragonite did in the tournament was so not okay.

matt0044

I'm ok with it so long as a character doesn't win the whole thing with a disobedient pokemon

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
But since the writers say so, it is. Contrived writing FTW!

Ya well the writers need to stop trolling and abusing thier power lol.

matt0044

And the reason Charzaird was disqualified in Kanto, was because it was clearly refusing to battle and had no place on the battlefield.

Fixed it for you.

And as An00bis said, the officials do have a right to correct a Trainer on their battling style because it's they're job. Especially when a pseudo-legendary is going on a rampage and putting innocent spectators in danger. Why would they put them in danger in order to get Iris to see the lack of bond between her and Dragonite?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Fixed it for you.

And as An00bis said, the officials do have a right to correct a Trainer on their battling style because it's they're job. Especially when a pseudo-legendary is going on a rampage and putting innocent spectators in danger. Why would they put them in danger in order to get Iris to see the lack of bond between her and Dragonite?

I believe the reason Ash was disqualified is cuz Charizard left the battle field lol.

matt0044

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Status
Not open for further replies.