• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should disobedient Pokemon be disqualified from official battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt0044

I think you just should not be allowed to register pokemon that you clearly know to be disobidient.

Don't worry. Iris believes in the Heart of the Ca- I mean, Dragons so clearly Dragonite will come around in battle if she believes!

Nah, I kid.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Dragonite should have been disqualified the minute he started on his rampage.

This pretty much, although then Krookodile wouldn't get his epic kill so I'm torn :(.

Nightmareisalive

Pokemon that go on a rampage should be banned. It is the trainer's job to make sure their pokemon don't go on a rampage and if they can't manage that it means they are not ready for the big tournaments. If a pokemon causes serious injury it beats the purpose of pokemon battles which is competition in a safe environment, remember the first pokemon movie dealt with what its like when pokemon battle beyond the need of friendly competition. It's only because the writers don't want to show the consquences of a disobdient pokemon that no one has been seriuosly injured.

This pretty much, although then Krookodile wouldn't get his epic kill so I'm torn :(.

Krookodile could have always gotten an epic kill somewhere else.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Krookodile could have always gotten an epic kill somewhere else.

Ya but just to evolve and then the battle be stopped would be lame.

matt0044

To me no, you may never know what will happen like destroying the bleachers!

And even if people watching survive, they had just wasted a money on tickets for seats that are wrecked now. But I digress.

I found a thread on Bulbagarden that really gave me food for thought:

And I'm inclined to agree with him. Hell, the only reason this isn't so in the actual Anime is because (all together now) the writers says so.

So what are your thoughts on all this?

And if you have a burning hatred for Bulbagarden, DON'T BRING IT UP! NOT EVEN CROSSED OUT!

I agree with both of you: actually, I find they should be banned if they can cause serious danger to trainer, rival, and bystanders.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
It's practical to ban unruly Pokemon. They could do a lot of damage, or they could hold up the games. Even if Ash is the main character, the league shouldn't give him hours to convince Charizard to battle. The league has other battles scheduled, other trainers need a chance to battle, and TV networks like action. (I'm betting the league lots of money by airing the matches on TV. ;))

iraqmaster

Well, since i'm only familiar with Ash & Charizard, I would say that a disobedient pokemon should be automatically disqualified if it is shown that that it doesn't respond to any of it's trainer's commands..

matt0044

It's practical to ban unruly Pokemon. They could do a lot of damage, or they could hold up the games. Even if Ash is the main character, the league shouldn't give him hours to convince Charizard to battle. The league has other battles scheduled, other trainers need a chance to battle, and TV networks like action. (I'm betting the league lots of money by airing the matches on TV. ;))

Unfortunately, that's not the case when the plot demands it.

Status
Not open for further replies.