• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should employers be able to discriminate based on tattoos?

Mister_SGG

If people get too comfortable with them, than that 1 percent becomes a higher percent. I know quite a bit of people (me included) that won't get visible tattoos because it could get in the way of future employment. It isn't like a piercing where it's possible to remove at will. It's either there for life or you pay a ton of money to get it removed. That said, most retail jobs, and businesses that cater to the general public allow tattoos. But I can totally see why it would be against Disney, Toys R Us or a similar place's dress code.

I can understand that, but as long as it were coverable I don't see why any employers would steer away from you. So just get ones you can cover. Like I said though, I can understand wanting to abstain completely.

In any case, the fire department I plan on joining has no issues with tattoos so I'm covered datpuntho

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
If I put it like this:

"(It) doesn't matter (in my opinion), because..."

would you take it better?

Ah, yes. It seems like it was probably just a semantics issue then.

2beyond

Golduck
I totally agree, some business just see tattoos as loss of potential profit. If i was a business I probably would too. If you work at a bar its not a big deal, but if your selling china to old ladies its going to be a problem. As a customer they don't bother me.

Just get the tattoos on your somewhere it doesn't show with a t shirt on, I always thought the side of the ribs would be a good place.