1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Should Event Pokémon be obtainable in-game?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by supersmew, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supersmew

supersmew Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ

Should Event Pokémon be obtainable in-game?

Like, Celebi, Mew, Deoxys, Arceus (that one with the keyboard-palm cry). Even if they were ridicuosly hard to catch/find.

I also think Darkrai should be put in, why only Cresselia?

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

No.

By their very nature they aren't meant to be obtained with the same ease as other critters and pursuant to what will almost certainly be the next point, no, they aren't meant to be available to everyone and thus the fact that the next poster doesn't have a GameStop/Toys 'R Us/whatever or doesn't have Wi-Fi or lives in some far-off country is not a problem, nor has it been nor will it ever be as no one is being denied anything essential for not having an event Pokémon. Most of this has remained unchanged for years, for good reason, and most of this will continue on unchanged for years.

The inevitable complaining that is to follow may now commence. Enjoy.

3. At least some Legendary Pokemon can be caught in every Pokemon game (that I know of) so I think it makes sense to let you catch more Pokemon on one game rather then buying many games to get every Pokemon.

I agree its good for Legendarys to be hard to get but some legendary's can't be obtained in game which is too hard to get.

4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

And we're underway...

No. Not only is this precisely not the case, but you never have to purchase another game simply to obtain an event Legendary.

5. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

Well, there was Manaphy, although I think he was released later on via Wi-Fi anyway. And if not, well, then it's just a Manaphy.

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

Yes, totally. Every Pokémon should be obtainable in-game.

7. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Why would they do this?

8. jireh the provider

jireh the provider Video Game Designer

To be honest with you, I have those similar problems at times. I want to know an answer from you perhaps. I bet you know that pokemon games sell almost everywhere in the world. But my country, Philippines, has a Toys R us. BUT ... they NEVER HOLD pokemon mystery gifts. So how would we be able to gives ourselves some of those American Toys R us Pokemon mystery Gifts if your own branches do not promote those pokemon mystery gifts?

I hope you know my country's gaming culture. My place has only like 10% nintendo gamers, 15% PS3 gamers, and the rest are DOTA PC gamers.

9. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't. And I'm sorry for you personally, I suppose, but the majority of the world's most populated areas - Japan, North America, Europe, Oceania - do get the events. If your country doesn't get them, that's not an indictment of the system as a whole, it's just proof of what I said at the beginning - that the events aren't designed to be available to everyone, because that's patently impossible, but rather they're designed to be available to as many people as possible, which they are.

So you, like, took a poll yourself, or...?

10. supersmew

supersmew Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ

I know that feel.

11. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

People that doesn't have acess to Event Pokemons would say that yes, they should be obtainable in-game. But IMO, no, they shouldn't.

This is the charm of Event Pokemons.

12. blue8arman

blue8arman Castform Fanatic

I think no......but they must make a wider range(or may be worldwide) of giving away promotion/event Pokemon so everyone could participate in.

13. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

Wait. Correct me if I'm wrong. But, can't events be accessed anywhere in the world with Nintendo Wi-Fi ?

14. Super Llama

Super Llama Aussie Poké Trainer

If they're Wi-Fi events, yes. Some events require you to download a Mystery Gift from a game shop/ toy shop in real life.

I'd like it of they just release Meloetta on Wi-Fi already, we're nearing the end of Gen 5 and it was on available at one real-life event in Japan ._.

15. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

I thought even mystery gifts now can be downloaded off wi-fi.
    Anyway, as long as these events are wi-fi based I see no problem in them. It can then be got everywhere.

16. dragonskull

dragonskull Dark trainer

Since Generation 3 and onward every pokémon has been made available for the general public, may it be or not be though events or spin-off series. I myself have been able to get hold of Lugia (XD: Gale of Darkness), Ho-Oh (Colosseum), Jirachi(Channel, yes it's somewhat odd to buy a game just for that one, but I enjoyed it back then), Deoxys (Real life event), Mew (Through trading when on holidays in Japan) and Celebi (from the same player which had the mew) all back in the third generation. If you want them the easy way, hack the event items in your game and you're good to go for most legendary pokémon (the exception was celebi back in generation 3 being Japanese bonus disk or event only). It just requires some dedication or a bit of hacking if you're not the one to do a lot for these few, but once you have them you never have the need to obtain them ever again.

17. Raiin

Raiin Johto Boy

I wouldn't really like it if they had the event only pokemon in-game. I think it would take the charm away from them and they would be "just another legendary pokemon". God knows we have enough in-game legendary pokemon to begin with...

18. Dylz

Dylz Trainer since 1997

I don't think that, but I'd love some more events to complete my pokédex, since I actually started to catch them all when Darkrai was released. And I live in europe where are almost no freaking events.

I really want:

- Mew (Latest event: 15 October 2010)
    - Celebi (Latest event: 1 February 2011)
    - Jirachi (Latest event: 26 June 2010)
    - Arcues (Latest event: 1 February 2012) (Only for the winner.)
    - Keldeo (Latest event: Never in europe except France.)
    - Meloetta (Latest event: Japan only)

I wish I were a American. =\

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  19. Star Champion AJ

Star Champion AJ Well-Known Member

Shame most of those events happen only in Japan...

I wish I were Japanese... :(

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  20. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

At this point, I'd say that a couple could be made available in-game, if only to help curb the sheer number of them that exist and will exist and ease the burden on Nintendo to distribute all of them within a generation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.