• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Game Freak focus on gameplay or story?

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Gameplay all the way. *old person rant* Back in my day games didn't have a story! Seriously though, a lot of Nintendo properties are "save the princess" "build a town" "defend space" "catch monsters and battle" more so simple premises as opposed to drawn-out stories. While you can have both if forced to chose I want a game that plays well. If I want a good story I'll read a book.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Who cares? People will play the story as fast as possible if it's not leaked as being up to their toxic pre-expectations after berating and threatening to ragequit everything for 2 years, then jump straight to Smogon and Showdown.

Also, too much gameplay will worsen Curry's Joycon Drift issues, and unpleaseable pundits and their followers will still complain, even if they were to get everything they want, because otherwise they'd have no living.

Too much Story will bore the Smogon tierjerkers. Especially if the rival isn't an overtly childish jerk and simultaniously an edgelord.

Until we end up with The Legend of Final Pokémon Impact Warriors:Souls in Fallout. Then people will start complaining that Pokémon is too different.

I refer again to my avatar image.

Sakuyamon

Story elements could use a boost but so could the gameplay. I think that Game Freak should expand and have bigger development departments that deal with each element of the games.