• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should gen 6 have a shiny option on the gts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice33333

I think a shiny option would be great, wynaut

EonDragonFTW

I think a shiny option would be great, wynaut

But then people would ask for SHINY lv 9 and under Zekroms, even more impossible

ice33333

That is a good point, gf could make it so you can't ask for legendaries under a specified level, though they would have to take all generations into consideration

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
As awesome as that would be, I personally think that would be pretty much useless. As that would make trading even more IMPOSSIBLE. (Return of level 9 Zekroms?) It would leave the person depositing their Pokémon just having them there to show off. As people wouldn't really be able to find the shiny they wanted.

And as EonDragonFTW said. Level 9 SHINY Zekroms

Starlightt

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't think so. It seems like a useful feature, but the only thing that needs changing is the level requirements. Nobody had level 9 and under Zekrom and Reshirams guys.

Ditto B1tch

I liked this idea, yes, it could have this option, though it getting harder (nearly impossible) to obtain some Pokemons.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Yeah... like some of you said before, Level 9 or lower SHINY Reshiram/Zekrom say hello!

Exactly. The GTS is already cluttered with shiny or rare pokemon for Lv 9 and under fully evolved or legendary pokemon. Unless GF fixes this in Gen VI, the only thing the option would do is show us more impossible trades than before.

broomstig

Water/Dragon Leader
definitely, i hadnt realized that spinarak changed colours through the generations so when i saw one on the gts i traded away one of my shinies because i though 'fair was fair' and then realized it was a normal spinarak. the othher guy must have been pretty happy with himself

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
But then people would ask for SHINY lv 9 and under Zekroms, even more impossible
But, as you said, if it's already impossible, it doesn't matter if it becomes more impossible because it already wasn't.

Anyway, this is a great idea. If GTS is available, you should have the option to see every single option. Including shinies, amd more than 7 or so available trades at a time. Ynaut? Audino.

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
I would say no. When people ask for shinies, they ask for some absurd legendary that is level 9 and under. Plus, they do it to show them off, not to actually trade them.

Cressy

they should make it so that asking for lvl 9 and under zekrom and reshiram is impossible ._. along with other impossible trades....then maybe do this.

broomstig

Water/Dragon Leader
i hate it when i see people want lv9 or under zekrom etc! takes up most of the trades on there, hard to find a legit deal... thats why serebii is so good

RocketToTheMoon

I think this is a great idea. Also, they should make it so that you can't ask for legendaries at unobtainable levels. They already made it so that you can't ask for an unobtainable gender, so why not take it a step further?

penguinofhonor

Bay Watcher
I'd love this if I'm allowed to exclude results that ask for shinies. It'd function as an easy list of people who aren't worth trading with.

LOL

I think this would be good if GF had a way to beef up their GTS 'security'.

Status
Not open for further replies.