1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Should gen 6 have a shiny option on the gts?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by ice33333, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ice33333

ice33333 Active Member

I think a shiny option would be great, wynaut

2. EonDragonFTW

EonDragonFTW Well-Known Member

But then people would ask for SHINY lv 9 and under Zekroms, even more impossible

3. aquriomaster

aquriomaster Hyori Hasama

also there maybe hacks going around if their not careful

4. ice33333

ice33333 Active Member

That is a good point, gf could make it so you can't ask for legendaries under a specified level, though they would have to take all generations into consideration

5. supersmew

supersmew Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ

As awesome as that would be, I personally think that would be pretty much useless. As that would make trading even more IMPOSSIBLE. (Return of level 9 Zekroms?) It would leave the person depositing their Pokémon just having them there to show off. As people wouldn't really be able to find the shiny they wanted.

And as EonDragonFTW said. Level 9 SHINY Zekroms

6. Starlightt

Starlightt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't think so. It seems like a useful feature, but the only thing that needs changing is the level requirements. Nobody had level 9 and under Zekrom and Reshirams guys.

7. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

I liked this idea, yes, it could have this option, though it getting harder (nearly impossible) to obtain some Pokemons.

8. Star Champion AJ

Star Champion AJ Well-Known Member

Yeah... like some of you said before, Level 9 or lower SHINY Reshiram/Zekrom say hello!

9. Iris Mist

Iris Mist Hylian Princess

Exactly. The GTS is already cluttered with shiny or rare pokemon for Lv 9 and under fully evolved or legendary pokemon. Unless GF fixes this in Gen VI, the only thing the option would do is show us more impossible trades than before.

10. Shadow XD001

Shadow XD001 Silver Soul

No. In the GTS, there should be an option where you can't get ridiculous trade offers.

11. broomstig

broomstig Water/Dragon Leader

definitely, i hadnt realized that spinarak changed colours through the generations so when i saw one on the gts i traded away one of my shinies because i though 'fair was fair' and then realized it was a normal spinarak. the othher guy must have been pretty happy with himself

12. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

As everyone else has said, that would encourage hacking and make trading even more ridiculous.

13. Chapter

Chapter hello, im back sorta

But, as you said, if it's already impossible, it doesn't matter if it becomes more impossible because it already wasn't.

Anyway, this is a great idea. If GTS is available, you should have the option to see every single option. Including shinies, amd more than 7 or so available trades at a time. Ynaut? Audino.

14. Marceman

Marceman Active Member

I don't see the problem. All it does is let you narrow down your search even more.

15. MuseHarmonia

MuseHarmonia ~♥Raichu♥~

I would say no. When people ask for shinies, they ask for some absurd legendary that is level 9 and under. Plus, they do it to show them off, not to actually trade them.

16. Cressy

Cressy Well-Known Member

they should make it so that asking for lvl 9 and under zekrom and reshiram is impossible ._. along with other impossible trades....then maybe do this.

17. broomstig

broomstig Water/Dragon Leader

i hate it when i see people want lv9 or under zekrom etc! takes up most of the trades on there, hard to find a legit deal... thats why serebii is so good

18. RocketToTheMoon

RocketToTheMoon Bane of Grimleal

I think this is a great idea. Also, they should make it so that you can't ask for legendaries at unobtainable levels. They already made it so that you can't ask for an unobtainable gender, so why not take it a step further?

19. penguinofhonor

penguinofhonor Bay Watcher

I'd love this if I'm allowed to exclude results that ask for shinies. It'd function as an easy list of people who aren't worth trading with.

20. LOL

I think this would be good if GF had a way to beef up their GTS 'security'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.