• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should homosexuals be allowed to marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1006

Jesus's rasta friend
I've noticed a lot of religious people on this forum, so I'm interested in seeing the reaction to this.I'm not trying to be the cause of a homophobic fight, so remember you're on a debate board and not a bickering board.

I personally think yes, everybody is equal and marriage is more of a legal agreement than anything else now.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I'm only Catholic but I still don't think gays should marry. I'm not homophobic or have anything against gays but I just don't think they should. I know I should go into more detail about this but my answer is plain & simple.... No.

locomo

Want a hug? :)
Yes, they should be allowed.

Who are we to interefere for their happiness? Personally, I am indifferent about the situation. If they love each other, let them marry. Simple as that.

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger
I think that homosexuals should be allowed to marry if they want.

I have lots of reasons, but I'm not about to bore you.

Korusan

Banned
I'm only Catholic but I still don't think gays should marry. I'm not homophobic or have anything against gays but I just don't think they should. I know I should go into more detail about this but my answer is plain & simple.... No.
American too? This is truly shocking.

Yes of course they should be allowed to marry. There is absolutely no reason for them to be barred from marriage because any and every reason that people for such a statement always relates back to some false "divine" rule or that it's "unnatural" (which doesn't make any sense because nature has proven time and time again the fallacy of saying homosexually is such).

7 tyranitars

ofcourse, anybody should be allowed to marry the person he or she loves :)

Shreyas

I'm somewhat worried about how this thread will turn out.

But, I believe that we should be accepting to all kinds of people. People usually say this is not allowed because of religious, and other ethical reasons, but since it makes others happy, we should allow this.

gliscor&yanmega

Yes.

As of now, some places do allow it. I'm not 100% sure which countries but Canada does which is one reason I actually like Canada and don't mind living here.

Being gay myself, I like to have the option and not be denied something just because I'm gay.

ChedWick

By Marry I'm sure you mean the altered non-religious term that many fail to consider. If that is the case then yea. There is absolutely no reason they should not be allowed to.

American too? This is truly shocking.
A Canuck that's an arrogant prick? Color me gobsmacked.

See, it's not as nice when you're on the receiving end, is it?

I read a great little thing on LewRockwell.com a while ago about this very issue...

And here it is. It's brief enough.

McNugget

The Bassist
I'm not too ecstatic about people being homosexual but if they want to marry why stop them, who cares.....? It's not like it REALLY effects anyone else.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't see the problem, even as im a Christian, if a man wants to marry another man, how the hell does that effect you? I this is why "Hardcore" religious people are stupid, I'm pretty sure God doesn't wan't to trying to change every damn thing that is "Wrong" with the world, but insted change ourselfs to better the world. The Bible even says "Let God deal with it" so if HomoSexuallity is indeed wrong, we should let God judge, not flame what we do not like.

uprockingdude

Veteran Breeder
isn't happiness a human right? don't we always get preached to that there is that special person that is meant to be with you? i'm a christian and homosexual marriage should be allowed.

how is it wrong or sacrilegious? isn't it sacrilegious to discriminate?

Skull-Kid

Yeah, I think they should. If two people love each other I fail to see any reason why they shouldn't be allowed to get married. Marriage is about love, isn't it?

I'm only saying but I would recommend you explain this because you're going to annoy a lot of people if you don't.

Darato

(o,..,o)
A pie chart for same sex marriage Link

Religions have a right to ban it within their own set of rules, but they have no right to take that away from others that would marry a same gender couple if given the chance.

Marriage might be defined between a man and women, but there have been plenty of other things that have been defined between certain people only that have changed over time. Many things only relating to white males have been changed to allow women and other races as well.

Couples will be together if they want to no matter what is said to them, they won’t break up just because people don’t like seeing it; and with that they are having sex outside of marriage.

A same sex couple walking down the street holding hands, might bug a few people, but turning it into a whole big issue and starting a fight with them over it bugs a lot more people than them walking down the street together, or eating together.

Also just because its there doesn’t mean you need to take part in it. Your churches are there and we don’t take part in them.

If having same sex marriage is really that big of a deal then thing to do is movie to a nice small down and make it just like the 50s and live a happy life away from the real world.

L.F.D.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I have no problem what so ever if homosexuals marry or not. If they want to be happy who am I as a person to stop them?

Silver Totodile

Of course, and anyone who thinks otherwise are really arrogant, in my opinion. It's two people who want to spend their lives together and so make a pledge with one another and how it effects anyone else is beside me. I mean if your family or friends can't accept your sexuality then you're better off without them.

That being said, I'm gay but I don't know if I'd like to get married or not. And, I have to mention this, but if your Christian and think that gay people shouldn't get married because of your religion then you've passed naive.

If you don't think God would like homosexuals to marry then ask why he made people gay; it's not a choice.... but I fear I'm going off track a little.

The point's still there, however. I think anyone should be free to marry anyone else.

darkcharizard58

I believe they should be allowed to get married outside of religious establishments that go against it. If they love each other and want to get married then yes they should be able to

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I think that people should be able to get married to a person of the same gender, if that's what they want.

My views on gay rights are actually much more complicated and conflicted than what that plain statement implies, but I don't see a need for me to go into them in depth right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.