1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Should homosexuals be allowed to marry

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by Mark1006, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foodmetaphors

foodmetaphors Well-Known Member

I think they'd prefer anything over living in an orphanage. What if the kid is fine with it?

2. ChedWick

ChedWick Well-Known Member

Can't tell if this is a troll post attempting to stir up the debate or you actually are that ignorant...

In either case, sex with out protection = aids (if aids is in the equation at all). The feeling of rejection is no different whether someone close to you wants to be with someone else of the same gender or the oposite gender. Either way you will scapegoat the other person the easiest way you know how.

3. Pesky Persian

Pesky Persian Caffeine Queen

I think it's ridiculous that same-sex marriage was even put to vote in the U.S. It has no detrimental effects on heterosexual marriages. It's an agreement of commitment between two consenting adults through the government, not through any religious authority. If atheists are allowed to marry, if people who have premarital sex are allowed to marry, if murderers in prison are allowed to marry, I don't see why homosexuals can't. Furthermore, marriage means different things in different cultures. I don't know why a few people's definition of the word "marriage" should effect the entire country.

4. Lucas.G

Lucas.G Veteran Member

That is ur opinion, think in General.
    And it is a sickness, it is anti-natural, they should recive help, I would like them to recive help.

5. foodmetaphors

Umm if you can't get over your friend's homosexuality you're just a bad friend and a bigot. It is not a sickness, and it is not anti-natural.. if it weren't natural then how come we find homosexuality in other animals?

6. Pesky Persian

Not true. Sexuality, especially in primates, is very fluid. There are numerous examples of homosexual behavior in the natural world. There are entire books written on the subject of homosexuality in the animal kingdom.

7. cantab

cantab Well-Known Member

Lucas G, what reason do you have for your beliefs?

8. 7 tyranitars

7 tyranitars Well-Known Member

think about the children being brainwashed by your mom and dad to think this way, that is a sickniss

9. Lucas.G

Lucas.G Veteran Member

We are not davating on animals, they just follow their instict and they dont think over it

10. Pesky Persian

Humans are animals. You said it's not "natural" to be gay. What is more natural than the natural world?

11. Lucas.G

Lucas.G Veteran Member

It is my opinion and this is a debate forums so u must tolerate others opinions, if not u should not be here

12. legendarypokemonmaster

legendarypokemonmaster Well-Known Member

It's genetic, although I've heard of some people that choose to be gay.

13. ChedWick

Contradict yourself much?

Edit: damn beat to it.

14. Lucas.G

Lucas.G Veteran Member

I am a Catholic person and I dont think God wants people to do such a thing

15. ChedWick

You are confusing a discussion with a debate. Here you provide opinions with a basis. If you're basis is flawed then so is your opinion.

16. Lucas.G

Lucas.G Veteran Member

Well their family should gave them profesional help

17. foodmetaphors

Then why did he make them homosexual?

18. Pesky Persian

I'm a nondenominational Christian and believe God loves everyone the way He made them, homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual. And that's fine if that's what you think. Just don't go saying it's "unnatural" when scientific study says otherwise.

19. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

What do you mean by societal whim? "definition" and "meaning" aren't really good arguments to me simply because those change over time. If we literally didn't alter our outlook on certain things, we'd be living in a very non-progressive society.

.. And in many cases, we still are.

20. CSolarstorm

CSolarstorm New spicy version

Flashback.

"Is isn't natural."

"But there are instances of homosexuality in the natural world."

"We're not talking about what is natural. We are human, not instinct-driven animals."

"But you said that it isn't natural - "

"I meant it isn't normal."

"What is normal?"

Nobody is intolerable of your opinions, arguing with them is just what the debate is for, you have to be able to take the debate if you want to stay afloat in the debate forum.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.