• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should homosexuals be allowed to marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

foodmetaphors

Think about the children that are adopted the would like to have MOM and DAD not DAD and DAD or MOM and MOM

I think they'd prefer anything over living in an orphanage. What if the kid is fine with it?

ChedWick

No, homosexual marrige = AIDS

Think about the people near them
You think u can tolerate it but it is not true, what if someone really close to u want to marry someone of his same sex, I dont think u can take that as easy as some said.

It is a sickness that must be stoped, not increase

Can't tell if this is a troll post attempting to stir up the debate or you actually are that ignorant...

In either case, sex with out protection = aids (if aids is in the equation at all). The feeling of rejection is no different whether someone close to you wants to be with someone else of the same gender or the oposite gender. Either way you will scapegoat the other person the easiest way you know how.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I think it's ridiculous that same-sex marriage was even put to vote in the U.S. It has no detrimental effects on heterosexual marriages. It's an agreement of commitment between two consenting adults through the government, not through any religious authority. If atheists are allowed to marry, if people who have premarital sex are allowed to marry, if murderers in prison are allowed to marry, I don't see why homosexuals can't. Furthermore, marriage means different things in different cultures. I don't know why a few people's definition of the word "marriage" should effect the entire country.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
If anything, homosexual marriage would help prevent the spread of AIDS, IMO, because they're more likely to be monogamous.

And I've known and am friends with gay people. If they wanted to get married I'd be happy for them. And it's not a sickness. That's so ignorant.

That is ur opinion, think in General.
And it is a sickness, it is anti-natural, they should recive help, I would like them to recive help.

foodmetaphors

And it is a sickness, it is anti-natural, they should recive help, I would like them to recive help.

Umm if you can't get over your friend's homosexuality you're just a bad friend and a bigot. It is not a sickness, and it is not anti-natural.. if it weren't natural then how come we find homosexuality in other animals?

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen

Not true. Sexuality, especially in primates, is very fluid. There are numerous examples of homosexual behavior in the natural world. There are entire books written on the subject of homosexuality in the animal kingdom.

7 tyranitars

Think about the children that are adopted the would like to have MOM and DAD not DAD and DAD or MOM and MOM

think about the children being brainwashed by your mom and dad to think this way, that is a sickniss

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Not true. Sexuality, especially in primates, is very fluid. There are numerous examples of homosexual behavior in the natural world. There are entire books written on the subject of homosexuality in the animal kingdom.

We are not davating on animals, they just follow their instict and they dont think over it

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Lucas G, what reason do you have for your beliefs?

It is my opinion and this is a debate forums so u must tolerate others opinions, if not u should not be here

legendarypokemonmaster

It's genetic, although I've heard of some people that choose to be gay.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Humans are animals. You said it's not "natural" to be gay. What is more natural than the natural world?

I am a Catholic person and I dont think God wants people to do such a thing

ChedWick

It is my opinion and this is a debate forums so u must tolerate others opinions, if not u should not be here

You are confusing a discussion with a debate. Here you provide opinions with a basis. If you're basis is flawed then so is your opinion.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I am a Catholic person and I dont think God wants people to do such a thing

I'm a nondenominational Christian and believe God loves everyone the way He made them, homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual. And that's fine if that's what you think. Just don't go saying it's "unnatural" when scientific study says otherwise.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
The problem is inherently in semantics. As much as some would like to argue to the contrary, marriage has a definition in Western society and has for some time. Not only that, it has a whole lexicon of associated words and definitions (husband, wife, groom, bride, groomsmen, bridesmaids, etc.). It isn't simply "redefining" one single word. The whole lexicon of the institution no longer makes sense if you just change the word marriage around.

That's a lot of the hangup. People KNOW what marriage means and don't think you should change the meaning of things based upon societal whims. However, call it something else (civil unions or whatever you want) and many people have their opinions soften, because civil union carries an entirely different connotation even though it is essentially asking for the same thing.

I'm a Catholic, I don't necessarily agree with the homosexual lifestyle (although I have nothing against homosexuals in the slightest), and I don't think that homosexuals can "marry" because it doesn't fit the meaning of the word much like you can't call blue something other than blue just by adding or taking away a few words to the definitions.

However, if the government is going to dole out money and rewards simply because I'm choosing to be in a monogamous relationship with someone, there isn't a single compelling reason why homosexuals can't get the same benefits from the government. Government and legal benefits are entirely different than the institution of marriage itself.
What do you mean by societal whim? "definition" and "meaning" aren't really good arguments to me simply because those change over time. If we literally didn't alter our outlook on certain things, we'd be living in a very non-progressive society.

.. And in many cases, we still are.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Flashback.

"Is isn't natural."

"But there are instances of homosexuality in the natural world."

"We're not talking about what is natural. We are human, not instinct-driven animals."

"But you said that it isn't natural - "

"I meant it isn't normal."

"What is normal?"

Nobody is intolerable of your opinions, arguing with them is just what the debate is for, you have to be able to take the debate if you want to stay afloat in the debate forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.