• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should homosexuals be allowed to marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Then why did he make them homosexual?

U are saying that is God's fault, well not.
Would u say the same of people with metals problems?Would u say it is because God make them that way?

I dont think so

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Would u say the same of people with metals problems?Would u say it is because God make them that way?

I dont think so

Actually, yeah, I would say God made people with mental problems that way. Not because he's "punishing" them in any way, but simply because that's how he intended them to be.

ChedWick

I dont think so

If you are taking the route that what God says goes then yes... You can't pick and choose such extremes and expect to not get criticized.

darkcharizard58

I am a Catholic person and I dont think God wants people to do such a thing

Im Catholic as well and i dont have a problem with it.

It is my opinion and this is a debate forums so u must tolerate others opinions, if not u should not be here

That is true but you cant blatantly call homosexuality a disease. Be tasteful when stating your opinion

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Actually, yeah, I would say God made people with mental problems that way. Not because he's "punishing" them in any way, but simply because that's how he intended them to be.

No, that are accidents, like a car crash, do u think God wanted those people in the car crash to be harmed?

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
No, that are accidents, like a car crash, do u think God wanted those people in the car crash to be harmed?

God is all-powerful, so...yes. What does pain or harm or suffering matter, anyway, compared to the afterlife you face as a devout believer?

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Im Catholic as well and i dont have a problem with it.

That is true but you cant blatantly call homosexuality a disease. Be tasteful when stating your opinion

I should not say sickness, I should say psychological problem

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen

Mental disabilities and car crashes are not at all the same. Your arguments get more and more ridiculous. If you're a Catholic and believe God created everyone the way he wanted them created and that He is all-powerful and all-knowing, how can you call mentally disabled people "accidents?" I would assume that an omnipotent being wouldn't have "accidents." How someone is created is not at all the same as problems caused by other people in their lives.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Mental disabilities and car crashes are not at all the same. Your arguments get more and more ridiculous. If you're a Catholic and believe God created everyone the way he wanted them created and that He is all-powerful and all-knowing, how can you call mentally disabled people "accidents?" I would assume that an omnipotent being wouldn't have "accidents." How someone is created is not at all the same as problems caused by other people in their lives.

I didnt say such a thing.

I was talking of car crashes at that moment, dont twist my words

Chris-kun

i still believe
Don't feed the troll. If it can't even use proper grammar and spelling it isn't worth talking to.

Homosexuals have the right to all the benefits that heterosexual couples get via marriage. Churches, however, also have the right not to marry homosexuals. The best solution is allowing homosexuals to marry, and to have the legal benefits, but not to force churches to perform said marriages. If a church wants to marry homosexuals, power to them, if a church doesn't, they also should have that right.

As a gay man myself, I would be worried over whether my partner would be taken care of if something were to happen to me, and vice versa, which currently there's no legal way to ensure that.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post

I'm not twisting your words, Lucas. You said that ^ and pulled car crashes out of nowhere. I'm not entirely sure what "No, that are accidents" is supposed to mean, but it made the most sense given the context that you were talking about the mental disabilities you mentioned.

Edit:
Churches, however, also have the right not to marry homosexuals. The best solution is allowing homosexuals to marry, and to have the legal benefits, but not to force churches to perform said marriages. If a church wants to marry homosexuals, power to them, if a church doesn't, they also should have that right.

I completely agree with this. As long as homosexuals are allowed to marry, I think that's what matters. Not everyone gets married in churches anyway so whether or not a church agrees shouldn't make a difference.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Don't feed the troll. If it can't even use proper grammar and spelling it isn't worth talking to.

Well I am a Spanish speaker person so it is difficult to me, dont argue about that, argue about what we are debating

TheHauntedOne

evil tofu!!!
Sure. I believe EVERYONE should be able to marry the one they love. I don't see why it should be any different for heterosexuals, homosexuals, transgendered, or whatever you may be. We're all unique, and I think we should embrace diversity, as opposed to shunning it.

darkcharizard58

Homosexuals have the right to all the benefits that heterosexual couples get via marriage. Churches, however, also have the right not to marry homosexuals. The best solution is allowing homosexuals to marry, and to have the legal benefits, but not to force churches to perform said marriages. If a church wants to marry homosexuals, power to them, if a church doesn't, they also should have that right.

I completely agree.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
I'm not twisting your words, Lucas. You said that ^ and pulled car crashes out of nowhere. I'm not entirely sure what "No, that are accidents" is supposed to mean, but it made the most sense given the context that you were talking about the mental disabilities you mentioned.

Edit:

I completely agree with this. As long as homosexuals are allowed to marry, I think that's what matters. Not everyone gets married in churches anyway so whether or not a church agrees shouldn't make a difference.

I dont think they are accidents but that because of AN ACCIDENT they are like that.
They are also humans with the same rights as u and I

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Then I apologize about insulting your grammar. However, it doesn't make you any less of an obvious troll.

Of what Troll are u talking about???????????

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I dont think they are accidents but that because of AN ACCIDENT they are like that.
They are also humans with the same rights as u and I

People who are born with disabilities are that way because of an accident? If the mother was in contact with a number of teratogens during pregnancy, I could see that argument. But if someone just happens to be born that way, I would have to say that it's an act of God and He doesn't make accidents. But I feel like this disagreement is rather irrelevant to the debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.