1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Should homosexuals be allowed to marry

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by Mark1006, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EzzPeon

EzzPeon just a passerby

I think that they should be able to. If they love each other, why not? And it's their marriage after all, I think they should be able to decide for theirselves. Of course I do understand that some people aren't too fond on the idea of two guys having a relationship, but I think some are over-reacting.

Sickness? That's a way different thing. I'm fine with people who don't agree with me, but don't say stuff like this. It isn't anti-natural, actually it is perfectly natural. Even scientific studies say so.

♀ + ♀ = ♥
    ♀ + ♂ = ♥
    ♂ + ♂ = ♥

2. Lucas.G

Lucas.G Veteran Member

Yes I will not continue with it

3. Thino

Thino Member

legally yes , religiously no

its pretty simple with religion because in most of them its considered a sin

4. TheHauntedOne

TheHauntedOne evil tofu!!!

LOL. That's just silly. EVERYONE is at risk for aids, not just homos. In fact, statistically, more heterosexual women have HIV/AIDS then homosexual men. Just sayin'.

You think homosexuality is a sickness? Well I think you're extremely ignorant. ^_^

5. Lucas.G

Lucas.G Veteran Member

Well if u are not going to accept different opinions I am out

6. Silver Totodile

Silver Totodile Well-Known Member

Hell no. They would want two loving parents who care about them; doesn't matter what the sex. Just because other ignorant people might not see it this way, I bet if you were to have been raised by two men or two woman you would still love them.

A baby doesn't think about the gender of their parents!

7. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

Of course. What's wrong with that? Some people are so backwards and ignorant. You know, homosexuals are people, and if people love each other, they profess their love with marriage. Some religions see it as a sin, which is one of the reasons I'm an atheist. >_<

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  8. Chris-kun

Chris-kun i still believe

People would appreciate your argument if you built it on logical facts instead of outlandish claims. You so far have only flamed homosexuals instead of logically debating.

9. TheHauntedOne

TheHauntedOne evil tofu!!!

don't dish it out if you can't take it. Your opinion is just as valid as mine, just know that not everyone's going to agree with you.

10. Lucas.G

Lucas.G Veteran Member

Yes I know that but the cant call me IGNORANT, STUPID, SILLY because I dont agree with them, thats it

11. Pesky Persian

Pesky Persian Caffeine Queen

"Ignorant" is not necessarily an insult. It simply means you lack knowledge on a particular subject. Everyone's ignorant about certain things. No need to take it so personally.

12. SnowyPiplup

SnowyPiplup Aren't I ADORABLE?

They should be allowed if they want to. Really, they as well as lesbians and straight people all have love for one another, so beside the fact that different sexes may fall in love with whatever, why shouldn't they be allowed to marry one other?

I mean, that's like saying girls can't marry girls or girls can't marry guys. Why ruin someone's happiness just because it isn't considered "normal" to you? Just saying...

13. Thino

Thino Member

the reason why AIDS is a bit more spread in homosexual sexual relaionships than heterosexual ones is because they don't use condoms more often than straight people do

sexual relationship =/= marriage

14. Chris-kun

Because you do lack knowledge on the subject. You make all kinds of outlandish claims that you don't bother to support and come off as a blind bigot. There's a plethora of arguments you could research out there to strengthen your position and prompt a real debate in this thread.

15. KibaLG8

KibaLG8 Well-Known Member

So if someone wanted to kill someone because it makes them happy, they should be allowed to do it?

16. Pesky Persian

Pesky Persian Caffeine Queen

This is a terrible argument. Marriage has no effect on people outside of the couple involved.

17. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

how can you compare homosexuality to murder? =/

18. Plusle+Minun

Plusle+Minun fanfiction is life

On the matter of murder, it affects other people. But on gay marriage, it doesn't. I mean, it's their life and they should be allowed to marry whomever they want. The trouble is that not everyone sees it that way and they'll probably be somewhat abused by society.

In Canada, it's already legal. ^-^ In the Netherlands and Belguim, too.

19. Chris-kun

Analogy is not a valid argument in debate, you're making a logic fallacy. Explain your position clearly please.

20. ChedWick

ChedWick Well-Known Member

No because the other party involved obviously wouldn't be too happy about being murdered.

Piss poor comparison man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.