• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should homosexuals be allowed to marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Analogy is not a valid argument in debate, you're making a logic fallacy. Explain your position clearly please.

Gay Marriage is bad. It's supposed to be between a man & a woman. But I shouldn't even butt into this since its pointless. Thats what I think... I know that was a bad comparison, & I could get into a wicked debate if I wanted to but I don't see what it will resolve on the long run... nobody here is probably going to change what they believe anyways and about 90% of the people on the darn planet think that "If it makes both sides happy, they should do it."

Chris-kun

i still believe
Gay Marriage is bad. It's supposed to be between a man & a woman. But I shouldn't even butt into this since its pointless. Thats what I think... I know that was a bad comparison, & I could get into a wicked debate if I wanted to but I don't see what it will resolve on the long run... nobody here is probably going to change what they believe anyways and about 90% of the people on the darn planet think that "If it makes both sides happy, they should do it."

So, then, what about the legal side of marriage? I can completely understand the religious side of marriage. No one should ever force a religion to accept something that goes against its dogmas. It is their right to refuse homosexuals the right to marry within the confines of their church. However, what about the legal rights associated with marriage? Should homosexuals be denied those as well?

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Gay Marriage is bad. It's supposed to be between a man & a woman.

That's your personal definition of marriage. Marriage is different across cultures. Polygyny, polyandry, arranged marriages, "wife stealing," these are all just a few forms of marriage across various cultures. You're allowed your opinion, but making the statement "gay marriage is bad" doesn't help your side of the argument at all.

Trainer Evan

Local Crackpot
I'm all for gay rights and I don't see why they shouldn't marry. The only things that stand in the way are people who are truly arrogant or religious nuts. And even if a homosexual couple DOES marry, what effect does it have on you personally?? None. None at all. "OH IT OFFENDS THE HOLY TRADITION OF MARRIAGE." Boohoo. Uphold your own traditions. Just because someone does something against your religion or your own personal beliefs doesn't mean you have to wring them by the neck.

And as for the homophobes; guess what? They're not going to make out on your lawn or any of that junk. (You'll never be that lucky, I swear.) What makes it "gross" or "unjust"? I'd be willing to bet that it's just your own inability to accept something you're unfamiliar. And that makes homosexuality, in your own eyes, a "no-no".

I'm all for gay marriage. Everyone deserves some love.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
So if someone wanted to kill someone because it makes them happy, they should be allowed to do it?

I had to look back up again to see if you were a n00b, and I'm kind of surprised you aren't.

Gay marraige= all parties are happy on most occasions.
murder= that P.O.s almost everyone except one person.

legendarypokemonmaster

Should homosexuals be denied those as well?
No, I think they can have those rights.

TheHauntedOne

evil tofu!!!
Yes I know that but the cant call me IGNORANT, STUPID, SILLY because I dont agree with them, thats it

Hey relax dude, I wasn't trying to insult. Everyone is ignorant in some way shape or form. Really though, If you're going to say crap like "homosexuality is a sickness" and "gay marriage = AIDS" on a public forum, which many gay/gay friendly people obviously frequent... What kind of responses did you expect? Come on now, don't get your knickers in a knot over it.

Also, equating homosexuality with murder is just beyond ridiculous. I can't believe anyone would actually think that to be a valid comparison. (yet another wonderful example of ignorance)

Last edited:

insanityhand

While I believe that fundamentally they should have the right I do not believe that it should be the right of the United States Government to make it legal. However I believe that it should be a state right and done by issue of states deeming people ready for gay marriage in their state. I believe that in this way everyone would be happier (at least in America). I cannot really say anything for other countries as I'm not completely versed in the systems of different governments.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
While I believe that fundamentally they should have the right I do not believe that it should be the right of the United States Government to make it legal. However I believe that it should be a state right and done by issue of states deeming people ready for gay marriage in their state. I believe that in this way everyone would be happier (at least in America). I cannot really say anything for other countries as I'm not completely versed in the systems of different governments.

But why should the government (either state or federal) get to decide who gets to marry? In my eyes, it's a basic human right to be allowed to marry. To my knowledge, heterosexuals didn't have to get their right to marry approved. Why should homosexuals be forced to fight to have a basic right guaranteed to any heterosexual?

Sea Swampert

being piratey
My answer....is naturally gonna be yes, of course they can. In this day and age, it's crazy that people can think that it's ok to say that people can't do something (within reason natch)

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
The Catholic Church's official policy is that homosexuality is not a choice. The official policy is that homogenital contact before marriage is as sinful as sex before marriage. They acknowledged that homosexuality is something a person cannot control or choose. Therefore, they state that Catholics should defend homosexuals and treat them with respect like any other disenfranchised group or minority. Unfortuneatly they have yet to support homosexual marriage. Should they be allowed to marry? Yes.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I would say yes to gay marriage. I mean gays/lesbians are people as well and not everyone in the world is perfect.

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
parts of this thread are making me rage. it's so hard for me to understand that there's still people in our generation that are anti-gay marriage and even anti-gay, and even harder to understand why these are still issues. i've had boyfriends, i've had girlfriends; i'm obviously all for gay marriage. if i time comes where i feel marriage isn't a dated and unnecessary custom, i'll cause a scene if i can't marry my girlfran.

They're not going to make out on your lawn or any of that junk. (You'll never be that lucky, I swear.)

bahaha. <3

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Luann, many children are raised well by single parents, or by same sex couples. Many children are raised poorly by different sex couples.
Well, that was just my opinion. I don't know if this means anything,but I've been studying psychology for a while at school, and I honestly believe kids should have a female and male basic reference figures in their life.

Of course, this goes beyond just girls who need to talk to mum and boys to dad when they hit puberty....
It's more about having two different points of view in the family. Dunno if I explained it well :|

Trainer Evan

Local Crackpot
Trainer Evan said:
They're not going to make out on your lawn or any of that junk. (You'll never be that lucky, I swear.)

bahaha. <3

I mean, honestly; those assumptions are based on nothing but the fear of those saying it. Homosexuals aren't all about gay pride parades or rubbing it in your face that they're gay; and for those that do...I think a majority of those that do are just giving homosexuals a bad name, because it leads people to take homosexuals less seriously because they're waving around their sexuality in your face like, "HAY. HAY. ACCEPT ME. HAY." All I'm saying is that it's just easier for some people to accept others when they're not all up in your face. That isn't to say that all homosexuals are like that. Absolutely not.

I have a lot of friends who are homosexuals. And they are the most honest people I know. I guess someone (a really stupid someone) could say that I'm biased because I happen to have homosexual friends.

REALISTICALLY, no homosexual couple is going to go to the extent of having sexual contact on someone's lawn, under any circumstance.

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
REALISTICALLY, no homosexual couple is going to go to the extent of having sexual contact on someone's lawn, under any circumstance.

you clearly don't know me that well.

but seriously, what you say is very true. i don't know how many times i've heard "i'm all for gay rights until they start making out in public." raaage.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Well, that was just my opinion. I don't know if this means anything,but I've been studying psychology for a while at school, and I honestly believe kids should have a female and male basic reference figures in their life.

Of course, this goes beyond just girls who need to talk to mum and boys to dad when they hit puberty....
It's more about having two different points of view in the family. Dunno if I explained it well :|

Honestly, I'm having a hard time finding studies that say that gay parents negatively affect their children.

Trainer Evan

Local Crackpot
you clearly don't know me that well.

I know people who will go to that extent to just make people red in the face. But I love trolls. So it's okay <3

ashhleeyy said:
but seriously, what you say is very true. i don't know how many times i've heard "i'm all for gay rights until they start making out in public." raaage.

I've honestly never heard that...it's either "I support gay rights" or "they're gonna make out on my lawn so I don't". Blatant homophobes irritate me, especially when they have nothing to back up their opinion with. Every reason they have translates to me as, "Oh it's gross and icky and I don't like it", like they're talking about some guy or girl on the playground that they have a crush on, but they can't like onna counta they gots cooties :(

Don't get me wrong; I respect other people's opinions and beliefs. I DON'T respect people who doesn't respect other people's opinions and beliefs.

Also, on the topic of gay parents; my music conductor is a single parent, a homosexual, and raises one kid who is 10 years old. The two of them could not be happier. To say that gay parents can't raise a kid is rather ludicrous. If that's all that the relationship is based upon; "Oh, my parents are both boys/girls, is there something wrong with me, my parents are wrong, etc" is probably going to make the relationships (between both the parents, and the parents and the kid) in the family a little rocky. Obviously these situations aren't always the case.

Last edited:
A Canuck that's an arrogant prick? Color me gobsmacked.

See, it's not as nice when you're on the receiving end, is it?

I read a great little thing on LewRockwell.com a while ago about this very issue...

And here it is. It's brief enough.

Indeed. Tenchar.

Status
Not open for further replies.