• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should homosexuals be allowed to marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
I'm fairly certain the lizard that does this reproduces with parthenogenesis, which means it wouldn't be necessary at all. However, I'll concede that point because I can't find my original source. Also, I had another half to that post.

The fact that other organisms in the wild perform homosexual acts does not change my statement, if that's what you're referring to.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
The fact that other organisms in the wild perform homosexual acts does not change my statement, if that's what you're referring to.

The fact that it occurs frequently in nature and nature still does well as a whole doesn't hurt your point that it's against nature?

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
I'm fairly certain the lizard that does this reproduces with parthenogenesis, which means it wouldn't be necessary at all. However, I'll concede that point because I can't find my original source. Also, I had another half to that post.

Funny, I don't see the word "married" in there at all.

derp.

BynineB made that quote not me

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
Since when were humans the only beings able to perform unnatural acts?

You haven't proven it's unnatural. Define "unnatural" and then we'll talk. For the moment I'm assuming you mean "occurs in nature", in which case homosexuality does not fit that definition.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Everything about modern culture is unnatural, the idea about banning homosexuality because it goes against nature is downright hypocritical. Also the concept of what's "natural" and what's "unnatural" is a human construct to help define the world around us.

Last edited:

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Since when were humans the only beings able to perform unnatural acts?

If nature does something that is unnatural how would we know?

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Everything about modern culture is unnatural, the idea about banning homosexuality because it goes against nature is downright hypocritical.

Nobody was talking about banning homosexuality..

You haven't proven it's unnatural. Define "unnatural" and then we'll talk. For the moment I'm assuming you mean "occurs in nature", in which case homosexuality does not fit that definition.

"Unnatural" meaning something that doesn't further the species; i.e. something that isn't making the person have offspring or survive. Of course, nowadays there are many, many, many "unnatural" things (from television to books to video games), but homosexuality, in my opinion, is one of them. It's not wrong, it's not something you should feel bad about, it's just technically unnatural.

I feel overanalyzed.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
"Unnatural" meaning something that doesn't further the species; i.e. something that isn't making the person have offspring or survive.

Where are you getting this? Seems a bit removed from any traditional definitions I've ever heard, and I can't really find any definition matching yours on Google.

Anyway, this definition has two problems. One, under this definition, many things we accept as unnatural would be defined as natural. Computers, life support systems, and drugs, for example, definitely further the species. Two, the opposite is true - there are a few clearly natural activities that would be considered unnatural, although to be honest, there's a lot fewer of these than the above. For example, the very existence of vestigial organs would be considered unnatural by this definition.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Nobody was talking about banning homosexuality..

"Unnatural" meaning something that doesn't further the species; i.e. something that isn't making the person have offspring or survive. Of course, nowadays there are many, many, many "unnatural" things (from television to books to video games), but homosexuality, in my opinion, is one of them. It's not wrong, it's not something you should feel bad about, it's just technically unnatural.

I feel overanalyzed.

According to your dif, Homosexual could be natural as it limits our growth and pevents overpopulation

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
WAIT I missed this.

and of course condoms can be natural. some of the first ones were made out of animal intestines.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they weren't just used as is. Human involvement and alteration was needed to make them do their job properly.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
WAIT I missed this.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they weren't just used as is. Human involvement and alteration was needed to make them do their job properly.

Eating is unnatural b/c we cook our meat (funny that b/c of this we can no longer eat raw meat, so we cant be natural LOL)

Sasholon

of course, but they were still made from real natural living things.

You can eat raw meat. There is an all raw meat diet, you have steak tartar and kibbeh Nayeh which is made from raw lamb.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
of course, but they were still made from real natural living things.

You can eat raw meat. There is an all raw meat diet, you have steak tartar and kibbeh Nayeh which is made from raw lamb.

So I can just take a bite out of a lamb. If it has to be prepared in any way then it is unatural. Even if it is only cut with a knife it is unatural LOL Also egyptian women would put lemons in there... 0_0 so yeah

Sasholon

as gazstic likes to say

"The unnatural does not exist" :p

and for the record, you can just take a bite out of a lamb if you roll like that :)

Ausgirl

@Alleviate:

I'm actually fine with incest as long as it's 'same generation' family members that preferably don't reproduce (although the rate of birth defects is only marginally higher and people should know if they have any undesirable sex-linked traits in their family history).

K I'm gonna assume from now on that you are a product of incest cos it explains so much...

AIDS
Chaffed anus
Infections

Straight people can suffer from this as well.

I don't really disriminate so much based on race, though I would never even entertain the thought of sex with a Black woman. And stereotypes aren't even bad. MEXICANS EAT TORTILLAS oh damn thats offensive. EVERY GARDENER I SEE IS MEXICAN its true though. BLACK PEOPLE LIKE TO BEAT THEIR KIDS MORE THAN WHITE PEOPLE omg true again.

Believe it or not everything you said here is racist.

Then it's a psyche a biological defect or the product of a corrupting environment.

No it's the way we're born.

And I said the act and the sexual preference is despicable; not the individual.

It's idiot's like you who are dispicable. Not Gays.

I doubt marriage is going to end up making them happier at all, and once they achieve it I do not believe they will be so enamored with it. I don't think they even want married that bad; I feel that they just want to assert themselves as 'people too'.

Yeah it's just a big act cos we get a huge thrill from dealing with worms like you.

I don't. I'm sure they can find it in them to love a member of the opposite sex. And how can I judge what happens behind closed doors? I did not witness it. I do not like how they parade themselves and their deviancy with this 'pride' movement.

I think you should invest in buying a dictionary...

Can't they campaign through other methods?

Silence isn't gonna get us anywhere.

Last edited:

Alleviate

Banned
Um contraceptives/technology/otherstuffs are man made from natural materials; homosexuals dont fit either of those bills.
Cars computers and guns are all natural progressions based upon human engineuity; I don't see how they in any way nullify the 'unnatural' argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.