1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Should homosexuals be allowed to marry

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by Mark1006, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSolarstorm

CSolarstorm New spicy version

Yeah, the idea that this is merely one media influenced party versus another media influenced party falls apart when you realize there are actual people and experiences behind these ideologies, and they aren't just disseminated for the heck of it, but they are actual human considerations.

2. ebilly99

ebilly99 Americanreigon champ

Maybe it is time to close it though. I think 99% agree with samesex marriage and have yet to come up with a debate, only a ewww its gross. I support the end

3. Niihyl

Niihyl Posthuman

True. Everyone should have the right to fight for their beliefs, even if I don't personally agree with them... Although if no new persuasive arguments can be found...

Doesn't the bible preach tolerance?

http://www.otkenyer.hu/truluck/six_bible_passages.html <-- This is a good site. Lists a few bible verses, and a bit of background. I can't verify it, but it's something to think about.

4. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

Californias repeal of same-sex marriage laws beg to differ.

5. ebilly99

Ok what does that have to deal with the moral question that homosexuals are homosapians, Homosapians are allowed to marry, therfore homosexuals should be allowed to marry.

6. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

Yeah but the Bible contradicts itself.

7. ebilly99

the what now?

8. CSolarstorm

Actually same sex marriage is legal in California right now.

9. ebilly99

is that wrong? I am kind of new to syllogism

10. Sasholon

Sasholon Well-Known Member

its bound to contradict itself since the bible is not in chronological order, has way to many authors, has many translations, and the different meanings and recollections of each book.

11. Niihyl

Niihyl Posthuman

What do you have against Californians? Does living in California automatically make you immoral? Stereotypes...

Of course, there's always good ol' Vegas.

Does the bible contradict itself? I wouldn't know, I read the bible a looong time ago. Interesting bit of literature there. The book of Job, Revelations... deep stuff really. I'm working on the Qur'an now.

12. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

It faced opposition from more than 1% of its inhabitants.
    Most everyone that lives in California is an amoral idiot.

13. CSolarstorm

The fact that it was illegal in California of all places begs the question -- are Californias really qualified to make such moral decisions?

Moot point.

Proper debating ettiquette suggests Alleviate should apologize for calling ebilly99 arrogant, dumb and unworthy of every replying to.

14. Niihyl

Niihyl Posthuman

... You know, you would be a lot more credible if you weren't really prejudiced against EVERYTHING that isn't you.

Everyone in Cali is an amoral idiot? There are amoral idiots everywhere. Bad rap doesn't automatically make everyone in a place an idiot. (What an off-kilter mini-discussion this is.)

Were all Germans nazis? Not at all. Are all Russians communist? Nah. Sweeping generalizations turn people into numbers, rather than people.

15. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

Oh yeah, I forgot.
    I will no longer reply to ebilly99 or alishenai within this thread.

I am from California.
    Whoa.

16. cookies kill you

cookies kill you Like a boss

no 10 char

17. CSolarstorm

Non sequitor. But humorous.

18. ebilly99

Maybe california is the only moral place in the world :)

19. CSolarstorm

Oh deer, obviusly no matter how faxual anything I say is, it isn't credibl unless I spell it rite.

20. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.