• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should homosexuals be allowed to marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Yeah, the idea that this is merely one media influenced party versus another media influenced party falls apart when you realize there are actual people and experiences behind these ideologies, and they aren't just disseminated for the heck of it, but they are actual human considerations.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Being outnumbered isn't a reason to give up.

Maybe it is time to close it though. I think 99% agree with samesex marriage and have yet to come up with a debate, only a ewww its gross. I support the end

Niihyl

Posthuman
True. Everyone should have the right to fight for their beliefs, even if I don't personally agree with them... Although if no new persuasive arguments can be found...

Doesn't the bible preach tolerance?

http://www.otkenyer.hu/truluck/six_bible_passages.html <-- This is a good site. Lists a few bible verses, and a bit of background. I can't verify it, but it's something to think about.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Californias repeal of same-sex marriage laws beg to differ.

Ok what does that have to deal with the moral question that homosexuals are homosapians, Homosapians are allowed to marry, therfore homosexuals should be allowed to marry.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
A syllogism or logical appeal is a kind of logical argument in which one proposition (the conclusion) is inferred from two others (the premises) of a certain form, i.e. categorical proposition.

is that wrong? I am kind of new to syllogism

Niihyl

Posthuman
What do you have against Californians? Does living in California automatically make you immoral? Stereotypes...

Of course, there's always good ol' Vegas.

Does the bible contradict itself? I wouldn't know, I read the bible a looong time ago. Interesting bit of literature there. The book of Job, Revelations... deep stuff really. I'm working on the Qur'an now.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
The fact that it's legal in California of all places begs the question -- are Californians really qualified to make such moral decisions?

The fact that it was illegal in California of all places begs the question -- are Californias really qualified to make such moral decisions?

Moot point.

Yes, proper debating etiquette suggests you should apologize to Alleviate for using a syllogism.

Proper debating ettiquette suggests Alleviate should apologize for calling ebilly99 arrogant, dumb and unworthy of every replying to.

Niihyl

Posthuman
... You know, you would be a lot more credible if you weren't really prejudiced against EVERYTHING that isn't you.

Everyone in Cali is an amoral idiot? There are amoral idiots everywhere. Bad rap doesn't automatically make everyone in a place an idiot. (What an off-kilter mini-discussion this is.)

Were all Germans nazis? Not at all. Are all Russians communist? Nah. Sweeping generalizations turn people into numbers, rather than people.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
It faced opposition from more than 1% of its inhabitants.
Most everyone that lives in California is an amoral idiot.

Maybe california is the only moral place in the world :)

Status
Not open for further replies.