• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Hugh, Nate, Rosa and other BW(2) characters be introduced now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
My honest wish is Hilda and Rosa to get a debut. Maybe through a coordinator ep with dawn or may. Or something different.

The male pc's I do not like. Hugh appearing is possible and I would love to see it.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

DMerle

Guess who's back
Neither is Cheren but he's getting a scene. And late too.

Cheren ends up becoming a gym leader so it makes sense showing him since all other gym leaders (bar Iris) have been shown, but both Rosa/Nate or Hilda/Hilbert are just trainers, so not much can be done with them.

Cheren ends up becoming a gym leader so it makes sense showing him since all other gym leaders (bar Iris) have been shown, but both Rosa/Nate or Hilda/Hilbert are just trainers, so not much can be done with them.

And yet in sinnoh, Lyra had a role. There are many possibilities, you just have to think outside the box.

DMerle

Guess who's back
And yet in sinnoh, Lyra had a role. There are many possibilities, you just have to think outside the box.

Lyra's role wasn't much of thinking outside the box, she briefly appeared and then was gone again without leaving much impact. In a series DP's size I'm not complaining about that, but for Best Wishes (especially a season that should focus on TP) throwing Hilbert/Hilda or Rosa/Nate in the series briefly just for the sake of it will spite more people than it will appease.

LizardonX

Banned
Lyra's role wasn't much of thinking outside the box, she briefly appeared and then was gone again without leaving much impact. In a series DP's size I'm not complaining about that, but for Best Wishes (especially a season that should focus on TP) throwing Hilbert/Hilda or Rosa/Nate in the series briefly just for the sake of it will spite more people than it will appease.

Actually we got lyra so the writers wouldn't have to make a johto filler arc like BF

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Honestly, Hugh is the only one of the three that I think that should be in the anime right now. That is mainly because of how perfect it would be for him to appear in the anime right. I mean, His backlash story with Team Plasma would be a good fit for this current arc of the anime that is dealing with Team Plasma in general. Though the only thing that I would hope for is that they would give him a voice actor that would fit his rage fittingly.

Besides, I kinda hope though that Rosa would appear since that she would be more marketable than Nate since we all know it was with May, Dawn, and Lyra in the past. Though I can actually see here to be that starting trainer in the first episode of the N arc. That is since it just seems to fit like a glove to me.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Only Hugh has a chance to appear in my eyes.

I mean, making some connections, Cilan has some past with Purrloin. Hugh is looking for that specific Pokemon... Maybe, just maybe, Cilan will receive character development through Hugh.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Only Hugh has a chance to appear in my eyes.

I mean, making some connections, Cilan has some past with Purrloin. Hugh is looking for that specific Pokemon... Maybe, just maybe, Cilan will receive character development through Hugh.

OR. OR. Cilan will become Hugh *not literally but like with his story plot*, and the reason why he fears Purrloins is because he thinks his Purrloin abandoned him as a kid when he was actually lured by Tp, so now he has a fear that Purrloins hate him and want to attack him

My thoughts:

-Rosa, Nate, Hugh, Hilda, and Hilbert could have appeared in the Don Battle, Donamite, or PWTJC, not together of course. It would have made them a bit more interesting, in my opinion.
-In the upcoming Juniper Lab episode, they could have made Rosa the girl instead of a CotD and then have her travel with them to Aspertia City.
-A cameo could show one of the five trainers beating Cheren when Ash and co. arrive in Aspertia.

There are so many things that the writers could have done. I don't think we'll get to see them, though...

Hilda

I can see Hugh deubting, Nate and Rosa might not since Hilda and Hilbert didn't. But, who knows. I am still expecting Cheren.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Hilbert/Hilda won't appear because his BW story is adapted by Ash Ketchum. A movie cameo could be an exception.

Ash isn't adapting too much Nate/Rosa history. Because this, they could do that soon, specially when we're entering Aspertia territory. I think that will be Rosa and not Nate, but I'm sure that only one could appear. THe same as above for movie cameos.

Hugh is the same route that the two fo them for the same reason although with higher possibilities. Hugh's backstory is fortunately related to Team Plasma and we're in TP territory in the anime.

But the two wouldn't be "stray" rivals for Ash in the show like Trip was.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I don't know, usually they use the protagonists in movie cameos, and we've failed to see them. But I could see Rosa and her Serperior fight Cheren in the beginning of the episode when Ash and Co. appears.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't know, usually they use the protagonists in movie cameos, and we've failed to see them. But I could see Rosa and her Serperior fight Cheren in the beginning of the episode when Ash and Co. appears.

We already saw Serperior many times. I don't think we need to see anymore.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Since none of the other male protagonists have made an appearance in the anime, the chances of Nate appearing in the anime are very slim in my opinion.

Rosa has more of a chance of appearing then Nate does. She might end up becoming another Lyra but that's about all I can see her appearing for.

And since the Team Plasma arc is starting, Hugh might be the most likely to appear, if you ask me (though his storyline in the games really annoyed me)

Status
Not open for further replies.