• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Hugh, Nate, Rosa and other BW(2) characters be introduced now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Hugh should appear, even he won't Ash's rival. I want to see Curtis and Yancy appear in the anime :D

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Don't really see the point, I see Ash as a sort of stand-in for the protagonists (if that makes sense)

Hugh is a maybe

CourtnieKat

Pokèmon Trainer Rosa
I really hope Rosa appears in the anime, even though I don't even watch much anymore. xD
But with TP coming, Hugh has a really good chance of showing up in my opinion.
Nate, like everyone said, probably won't appear.

But just one question, may I ask why everyone hates Rosa/Mei?
I see a lot of people 'round hating on her, or saying that she's "lame" or "sucks".
In my opinion she's wayyy better than Hilda/White.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
I really hope Rosa appears in the anime, even though I don't even watch much anymore. xD
But with TP coming, Hugh has a really good chance of showing up in my opinion.
Nate, like everyone said, probably won't appear.

I see a lot of people 'round hating on her, or saying that she's "lame" or "sucks".
I don't think rosa sucks I actually like her. I think she won't appear in the anime though unless we get a,chronicles like saga.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Unless the writers want to make N take over a pseudo-rival role and a rival-less Battle Frontier, I really do believe Ash is having Hugh as a rival of sorts.

That Purrloin plot should really give Cilan some development... He's hardly shown any development as a character besides just catching some weird Pokemon (not saying I dislike Stunfisk or anything).

kemal07

It really doesn't bother me whether Rosa or/and Nate appears or not, I would rather have them in the intro of the new Movie coming along the way, in a similar way to Brendan and Lucas...

I'm far more interested in other characters, that not many people are talking about, from both BW & BW2 that has yet to make an appearance like;

Hugh

Shauntal
Grimsley
Marshal

Zinzolin (and other Sages)
Shadow Triad
Anthea & Concordia

From the characters I've listed for some reason I feel that the only characters to make an appearance are going to be; Shadow Triad, Zinzolin, Marshal and perhaps Hugh

Can we really say we shouldn't expect Shauntal, Grimsley, Anthea & Concordia to make any appearances?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It really doesn't bother me whether Rosa or/and Nate appears or not, I would rather have them in the intro of the new Movie coming along the way, in a similar way to Brendan and Lucas...

I'm far more interested in other characters, that not many people are talking about, from both BW & BW2 that has yet to make an appearance like;

Hugh

Shauntal
Grimsley
Marshal

Zinzolin (and other Sages)
Shadow Triad
Anthea & Concordia

From the characters I've listed for some reason I feel that the only characters to make an appearance are going to be; Shadow Triad, Zinzolin, Marshal and perhaps Hugh

Can we really say we shouldn't expect Shauntal, Grimsley, Anthea & Concordia to make any appearances?

Well the female protagonists usually appear, so I'm kind of miffed why we haven't seen Hilda yet..

Of the ones you mentioned, I actually think that A&C have a chance of appearing, while the entire SageSquad has less of a chance, outside of a flashback..

DP showed Buck and Marley close after each other just to include them in the animé.. If we can expect a Marshal/Alder storyline, then the other two can show up in otherwise filler episodes. But considering how boring their teams are, I'd rather not.. Shauntal gives me Velma vibes anyway..

Hugh would give a nice storyline addition..

Then there's Benga, with no chance in heck of appearing outside of a Floccesy Town/Alder-thing..

I think the entire suspect list would be:
- Hugh
- Rosa
- Zinzolin
- Rood - And ladies and gentlemen, it's pronounced as 'road', not 'roud'... -.-
- Shadow Triad
- Anthea & Concordia (if old TP appears, then they will appear with Rood)
- Shauntal
- Grimsley
- Marshal
- Benga

I don't think there are any other characters aside from these? Nate has 0% chance of appearing so..

No, that would be overkill. We still need more focus on Cilan and Iris...they don't need to compete with the main protagonists who are just going to steal their spotlight.

We've already gotten wonderful gifts in N, Plasma, Corless, Ghetsis, and Cheren. Let's not get greedy and selfish now.

no way i'd prefer hugh to cilian or iris im quite bored of both them

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I think they should although I don't see them having such a large role, maybe only an episode or a few cameos.

Well, Hugh could appear for an episode looking for his sister's Purrlion and with Cilan's help. Rosa could appear for few episodes or tournament but not so much of Nate, he could only get a cameo in the 16th movie opening.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director

People actually hate Rosa?
I think she's pretty cool. I can't favor her over Hilda but I think she's pretty cool.

Anyways, the only ones I can see appearing in the anime are Rosa and Hugh. The most I can see for Nate if him appearing in a cameo at the beginning of a movie. Brendan, Lucas, Ethan all did get a cameo so maybe Nate will be the same.

I love Nate, he's pretty awesome. I wish he'd appear in the anime.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I can't believe BW will probably pass with us not seeing neither main character! Big shame on the writers! That makes me sad!

When a girl would follow the guys to GneVI and be the rival of main girl gen VI (if that girl has a goal!)

ludiloco

The lab episode was a perfect chance to introduce one of the BW2 protagonists get their first pokemon but noooo they have to put a random anime-only character.

Good grief, writers...

RVD_fan

I don't see much straight up battling going on in this arc, so there isn't much for another rival to do, not to mention there are already five rivals who could all use more screen time. I'd rather just see Trip, Bianca, or Stephan help the group out against Team Plasma.

You'd think it would have been Nate or Rosa getting their starter pokemon in that recent episode, not some random girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.