• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should I box this Pokemon?

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
Well, I bought Platinum the other day and got the egg of Togepi from Cynthia. I was happy to have it since I wanted a Togekiss, but then I saw the ability... Hustle. I prefer accuracy over power, and am not sure if I should keep it... But, Metronome has been handy, it used Roar Of Time at one point...

Should I keep it?

Fireflies

Aura Master
It's up to u, togekiss is pretty sweet, I would've reset for ability but when u teach it aura sphere or add wide lens there r no worries!

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
It's up to u, togekiss is pretty sweet, I would've reset for ability but when u teach it aura sphere or add wide lens there r no worries!

That's what I was thinking with movesets and all. Thing was with eggs is that the moment you get it, all the stuff like nature, gender, ability, etc. is already set. I saved immediately after getting the egg... Oh well, I think I will keep it. I cannot resist the cuteness...

If it wasn't for hustle I would've used the Serene Grace/King's Rock/Air Slash strategy, oh well. I think this will work the way it is.

ladendar

Little munchkinz
Roar of time? Is this even possible with the help of metronome? And togepi is weak when it cOmes to thunder at its final evolution.

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
Roar of time? Is this even possible with the help of metronome? And togepi is weak when it cOmes to thunder at its final evolution.

Thunder has low accuracy though, and Togekiss has somewhat higher speed than a lot of Pokemon. It also can learn a variety of moves that could probably take them down easily... And yes, it can use Roar Of Time through Metronome...

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
any move can be used in metronome
It was so wierd but my Clefairy used something that was identical to shadow force in Firered when it used metronome. I know it sounds impossible, but it was the wierdest thing I had ever seen at that time XD

MewTwoEx

Metagross Master
There are a lot of strong pokemon to use in Sinnoh. If you have any doubts over it, just replace it.

Aegon

Togekiss and Serene Grace is the best option, but Hustle's still useful. Aerial Ace will benefit a lot from it, especially as it never misses and so doesn't get the accuracy loss.
any move can be used in metronome
It was so wierd but my Clefairy used something that was identical to shadow force in Firered when it used metronome. I know it sounds impossible, but it was the wierdest thing I had ever seen at that time XD
It doesn't just sound impossible, it is impossible.

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
Togekiss and Serene Grace is the best option, but Hustle's still useful. Aerial Ace will benefit a lot from it, especially as it never misses and so doesn't get the accuracy loss.

I probably won't box it... Even though the other option is much more useful... I could easily trade one over from Diamond with all that to make it easier, but I want it to feel like I am starting from scratch.

VolcanicF

Thunder Trainer
Uhh it's your choice. I'd say to keep it for a trade or something else in you Pokemon Platinum.

Arceus94

you can breed it in Solaceon Town :D

suomynona

Serebiier
Thunder has low accuracy though, and Togekiss has somewhat higher speed than a lot of Pokemon. It also can learn a variety of moves that could probably take them down easily... And yes, it can use Roar Of Time through Metronome...

Rain Dance says hello. Swift Swim also says hello. But that is really all of your worries with Togekiss, and you can get a Pokemon with Lightningrod to fix that problem.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Hustle is quite a bad ability for a Togekiss, seeing as you can't abuse that flinch rate as much. But it should be okay if it's just for in game battles.

SwiftGrovyle

Official POTW Fact Checker

Actually, not to argue but the accuracy drop only affects physical moves. I know, I tried it out with a Delibird. Kept missing ice ball, but Icy wind was ok.

As for keeping it, it depends. If you seen a physical Togekiss, or seen last generations potw, you can still see it as a good thing. Even if it's modest, extreme speed is still awesome, considering the 150 power without stab and priority over protect. Keep it if you want. Even if it ain't the ususal paraflincher you find, uniqueness can sometimes be better. :)