• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should i get a wii?

BCVM22

that's not true . you can play games from any other region usingt this thing called swapmagic i think. a friend of mine has it

Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about, because you clearly don't. The Americas and Japan both are NTSC regions. Therefore, all that's needed is to bypass the region lock in the hardware, which is hardly worth it, but doable. Every other territory - all of Europe, Australia, China - uses the PAL standard. Equipment designed to display in the NTSC standard cannot work with PAL equipment, and vice versa. As I said before, there is no amount of modification that can make NTSC and PAL compatible.

pokefan

Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about, because you clearly don't. The Americas and Japan both are NTSC regions. Therefore, all that's needed is to bypass the region lock in the hardware, which is hardly worth it, but doable. Every other territory - all of Europe, Australia, China - uses the PAL standard. Equipment designed to display in the NTSC standard cannot work with PAL equipment, and vice versa. As I said before, there is no amount of modification that can make NTSC and PAL compatible.

oh-kay . my friend said it let it play games from any region but w/e

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
Pros: The Wii is great! Not many downfalls!

Cons: It is near impossible to find one! Heck, I've been searching for one for a month, and I still can't find one!

Bayleef

Onion?
Buy if you like Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and Smash Bros because that's all the Wii really has. If Nintendo games aren't really your thing then buy a 360. It great graphics, great online, and a great lineup.

Ideally though you'll want to own both a 360 and a Wii, and a PS3 as well if you have enough money lying around for three consoles.

Buy if you like Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and Smash Bros because that's all the Wii really has. If Nintendo games aren't really your thing then buy a 360. It great graphics, great online, and a great lineup.
And a 33% crash rate. Enjoy your broken console.

I'd rather buy a console that actually has games on it worth playing than one that has none at all. Besides, you can get it repaired for free.

Oh yeah, games, like... uh... Halo 3?

[img139]http://www.gamefreax.com/shop/pix/a/n/1163157611-27523.jpg[/img139]

No wait, THIS must be the great game. I love it.

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
The Wii has a good lineup for Christmas. Anyone else who bought it an year after launch really is out of options. Anyway, if you get the Wii, don't expect Wi-Fi for some time, but expect great 1st party games.

fhqwhgads

Ideally though you'll want to own both a 360 and a Wii, and a PS3 as well if you have enough money lying around for three consoles.
If Nintendo games 'aren't your thing', you probably wouldn't be asking about a Wii in the first place. :/

I think you should make a list of the pros and cons. Example
Pros: new game experience
Cons: Dad might not get it

Their just examples. Make the list and see what outweighs the other.
I have a Nintendo Gamecube but I don't want a Wii.