• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should I grab DS lite or 3DS?

abrar14

Statter Master
Or even better, wait for the 3dslite, 3dsi or 3ds XL :)

Haxy

legendary spooky silke
Waiting for a revision, while guaranteeing you a better system most of the time, also guarantees that you'll have to wait for an undetermined time.

It's a better idea to just give up GBA compatibility and just go buy a 3DS, because sooner or later, you'll still have to buy a 3DS anyway even if you bought a DS Lite. Whether the Pokémon game announced at Jump Festa is for DS or 3DS, you'll still want a 3DS, because you'll still be able to play it and any future games, for the next several years (6+), instead of 2 years at most.

BlazingCold

I'll give you a simple pros and cons list.
DS Lite
  • Pros
    -GBA Slot
    -More users of it
    -Less money
    • Cons
-No camera
-No 3D
-99% of people would get the 3DS > Lite

3DS
  • Pros
-3D
-Streetpass
-Growing system
-Great camera
-Great features
  • Cons
-No GBA Slot

In the long run, you can just trade for Mudkipz and Flygons, so I'd head to the shop and nab a special edition Orcanina of Time 3DS.

Antiyonder

Overlord
I have to go with both, though I won't be getting a 3DS until next year.

DS Lite for compatability with the GBA games.

3DS for having Classic and Color Gameboy games for download.

Rhyle

Just searched up the other games for 3DS (Mario Kart 7, Zelda OoT and others). Looks fun. I didn't really experienced playing them before though. But Looks like my vote is now going to 3DS.

Rhyle

get a 3DS because most new games are being relsed on it and you probily still have a GBA

• Yes. I'm grabbing a 3DS. The color I want isn't release yet (or maybe will not be released) so I'm grabbing a skin and I'm way to go!
• I just looked up at games for 3DS (as i said earlier on my post). Looks like Zelda is fun to play, Star Fox 3D, Mari Kart 7 and looks like I'm grabbing Skylanders. Lol. I just didn't think of it at first because I was blinded at the GBA slot. I feel that 'Games of Library' > 'GBA slot' :))

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
get 3ds. It's price is quite low, can play ds games, 3ds games, gameboy games and has many cool features

Trickster Zorua

AMUSING STARTER FTW
3DS. I have getted for my birthday, and I still use it everyday!

New features
3D Camera for photo's and Video's
New Wifi features. (Accept the most security codes for Wifi)
And the last one, the games (that are coming)

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
If you want other games as well, get a 3DS. You'll probably end up buying one in the future anyways. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the DSi. That allows you to use advanced wifi capabilities with Pokemon Black and White and is one reason I can't go online because I only have a DS lite. :(

Rhyle

If you want other games as well, get a 3DS. You'll probably end up buying one in the future anyways. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the DSi. That allows you to use advanced wifi capabilities with Pokemon Black and White and is one reason I can't go online because I only have a DS lite. :(

About DSi? I didn't have it on the choices so no one will really mention it here. :) My brother has one so I can use his for Wi-Fi capabilities and such. I know how it sucks if you can't go online. ;001;

@All: Yes, 3DS really dominates the Lite now IMO. My favorite game on SONY is going on 3DS! Yes! Plus, of course, PKMN! Hope there will be 3D pokemon game? :611:

Earthia100

Well, I would get the DS lite and this is why...

- The next Main series Pokemon Game will likely be for the DS. If not, it will at least be backwards compatible.

- If you are planning on buying Pokemon HeartGold, SoulSilver, Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum versions, I would get the DS lite.

- Something new is coming. Nintendo always reduces the prices of other systems before releasing a new system. Save your money for the next Nintendo thing.

~However~

- IF you are planning to buy Pokemon Black or White Version, Go for the 3DS.
The reason for this is because Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen versions cannot communicate with Pokemon Black and White.

~
Either way, It's your money. I still strongly recommend the DS lite. Either way, keep your GBA so you can play your 1st and 2nd Gen games. ;)