1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Should I play Diamond/Pearl first or just play Platinum without playing D/P?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Pkmn Trainer5, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pkmn Trainer5

Pkmn Trainer5 Member

Right now I'm playing leafgreen and emerald and I probably won't play the 4th gen game until summer. When I do, do you think its better to play D/P first,or just go straight to Platinum, like I did with Emerald (didn't play R/S)?

EDIT: If this is in the wrong section, please move it.

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

You'll miss nothing by going straight to Platinum.

3. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

just go ahead and get platinum.

4. dragon-dark-master

dragon-dark-master Thanks SPPf. TTYL

Just get Platinium, its pretty much the same :)

5. Pkmn Trainer5

Pkmn Trainer5 Member

That's what I'll do. I've got my future team figured out:
    ;405; ;392; ;407; ;419; ;398; unsure about 6th slot, probably a special attacker.

Infernape is chosen because of no other fire types except ponyta (who i don't like). Actually houndour was added to platinum, so I'm considering using a team of

Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Houndoom, (6th slot unknown) or
    Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Buizel, Houndoom

6th slot might have something like Gliscor/Yanmega/Heracross

6. Rettan

Rettan New Member

I once used Ponyta and when fighting Elite Four, Rapidash was an alright fire type pokemon but is up to you through.

7. Deicario

Deicario I believe I can fly.

I think you'll just be wasting money if you get D?P and Platinum. So just buy Platinum firs. Besides, you called always borrow a friend's(If they have D/P)!

8. Ginji

Ginji <-most recent shiny

Just go ahead and get platinum.

9. Pkmn Breeder Jack

Pkmn Breeder Jack Static owns you.

Yeah, you might is well just get Platinum. DP was good, but you won't really miss anything plot-wise.

10. sam40400

sam40400 nice

Get platinum first
    I got D/P first and I couldnt get a lot of pokemon.
    But if I got platinum first, I could have got tangrowth and stuff easier

11. Penguinist Trainer

Penguinist Trainer Well-Known Member

Well it really depends on whether or not you are interested in unlocking the regis in platinum. Since the regigigas event ends on saturday. If you already have Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, then you might not be too worried about unlocking them in Platinum.

Personally, I'm only getting the event for 2 reasons. 1 because it is an event pokemon. 2 because I want to be able to play platinum for as long as possible, so the more stuff I have to unlock, the longer I'll have something to kill time.

12. aricarrot

aricarrot i'm a carrot.

You won't miss anything by going straight to Platinum, but Diamond/Pearl are still worth playing. And then you'll have twice or three times the Pokemon awesome-ness! : D

13. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

You should definitely get Platinum. It's pretty much the exact same as Diamond and Pearl, but with updates. More Pokemon, harder to beat, updated city graphics, and all of that. It's just like Emerald - you aren't missing anything by skipping ahead to it.

14. muumajii23

muumajii23 Well-Known Member

Platinum is pretty much an updated version of D/P with more features.

Ya, just skip D/P if you haven't gotten them by now.

15. shadowkami

shadowkami Internet Hustla'

I'd recommend getting platinum. If you're worried about game exclusive-pokemon. You have the #spp-wifi irc to help you out and also your two GBA games. :)

16. benthic

benthic Rocket Admin Lapis

Buy a classic Gameboy off of eBay and start with Red and work your way up from there. Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Diamond, and finally Platinum.

/joking

17. Blivsey

Blivsey DATA_ERROR

Everyone's pretty much already said this, but you'll miss absolutely nothing if you skip D/P and go straight to Platinum.

18. Toastybob

Toastybob Is this real life?

Yep, Platinum all the way.

19. Yoshifan22

Yoshifan22 not a fan?

d/p had alot more into it, dont get platinum ;/

20. cocoa_adele

cocoa_adele Well-Known Member

with platinum you can do a bit more so id get platinum if i didnt already have pearl
    but i'll get platinum anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.