• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should I read?

Guma26

I have bought and read every single pokemon manga since they started editing them in spanish in 2016. They've published all the way from Blue/Red to Emerald, and then they published Black and White and XY. After that they started publishing Diamond and Pearl but just the half, and now in summer they are going to continue publishing it alongside with Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire, but I don't know if I should read ORAS if I havent read DP, Platinum and HGSS yet.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
No one would care... but ORAS is there if you read RSE and want to see the new stuff.

Guma26

No one would care... but ORAS is there if you read RSE and want to see the new stuff.
What I mean is, is there stuff that happens in DPP or HGSS that you need to know before reading ORAS? Or it isnt related to any past saga at all?

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
DPP I know is mostly in Sinnoh outside of something that happens in FRLG. HGSS is mostly about the gen 2 crew and they are not in ORAS.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I have bought and read every single pokemon manga since they started editing them in spanish in 2016. They've published all the way from Blue/Red to Emerald, and then they published Black and White and XY. After that they started publishing Diamond and Pearl but just the half, and now in summer they are going to continue publishing it alongside with Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire, but I don't know if I should read ORAS if I havent read DP, Platinum and HGSS yet.
I think you should be fine as long as you read Pokemon Adventures FRLG. There is actually a nod to HGSS/Platinum, but it's more like a tiny reference that doesn't really impact much of the story in the same way as the Marvel movies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
There's one thing from Pt that has a bit of importance in ORAS, but if you've played the game (Pt) you wouldn't get confused either

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
If you’ve read FRLG and Emerald you should be fine with understanding ORAS. Although I will say that, without question, Diamond and Pearl/Platinum is my favorite arc and I can not recommend it enough, so you definitely should read it if/when you have the chance!