• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Krokorok Be Considered One of Ash's Rivals

phantasystar69

Why should he release any of his pokemon? And yes, Krokorok is Pikachu's rival, not Ash's. A pokemontrainer and a pokemon becomes rivals doesn't make sence! (exept Mewtwo!) If that crockodile becomes caught one day I bet it is when it is fully evolved. It will mabye be a bit disobeyent. But most probably it doesn't get caught. He never caught that Hippopatas back in Sinnoh eighter.

I hope it gets caught. They always taunt us with that stuff lol

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Jiggypuff wasn't Ash's rival, I highly doubt Krokorok will be.

A human can't be a rival to a Pokemon.

Grei

not the color
Honestly, yes. There hasn't been any indication that Ash wants to or will catch Krokorok, and Krokorok appears occasionally to battle Ash (specifically, Ash's Pikachu). I'd say he's a Pokemon Rival, of sorts.

Come on. People should think outside the box here.

R_N

Definitions of Rival include:
-the contestant you hope to defeat
-be equal to in quality or ability
-be the rival of, be in competition with

In that sense, I'd say yes, Krokorok is a rival to Ash.

Mister_SGG

Krokorok is a really uncreative name...

ON TOPIC:

Like plenty of people have said, Krokorok is a Pokemon. He probably doesn't have aposable thumbs. How would he hold a Poke Ball in the first place?

EzzPeon

just a passerby
Maybe not Ash's, but maybe Pikachu's rival?
I guess Krokorok wants to battle him for a reason.

ForeverFlame

Ummm, no?

It's the Jigglypuff of Unova. Jigglypuff always screwed around with the main cast, but she wasn't considered to be a rival.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ummm, no?

It's the Jigglypuff of Unova. Jigglypuff always screwed around with the main cast, but she wasn't considered to be a rival.

Considering Jigglypuff just wanted an audience, I don't think she counts.

Krokorok actually wants to fight.

Grei

not the color

ON TOPIC:

Like plenty of people have said, Krokorok is a Pokemon. He probably doesn't have aposable thumbs. How would he hold a Poke Ball in the first place?

To all of the people who keep saying that a rival must have Pokeballs--use your brains. Please.

A rival is not another Pokemon trainer, necessarily.

ON TOPIC:

Hey don't copy my font!

Anyway, while it sounds cool for a Pokemon to be a rival, it isn't really...

yeminied

Do you think it's possible for a Pokémon to register itself as a trainer and go and catch Pokémon.

That would be something I would like to see.

R_N

For god's sake why does a rival only have to be a trainer who enters the league to fight Ash.

It doesn't! At all!

And fine if you're so insistent on this pictures this: Ash is about to fight some guy in the league WHEN SUDDENLY a Krookodile erupts from under the stadium to challenge Ash right then and there.
Moxie Sweep GO

Drohn

Yes, Krokorok will round up some of his Pokemon friend and disguise himself in bigger sunglasses to enter the Unova league.

Jokes aside, I don't really see him as a rival of Ash since they obviouusly don't have the same goal.