• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Legendaries be able to breed?

Airvic

Scizor's Trainer
They wouldn't be much of a legend if you have six boxes of them through breeding. They would just be Pokémon with higher stats :\
Exactly then what would make them special to use

StarMasterWarrior

the prince of stars
Legendaries can breed. That is part of the definition of a species. However, they can't breed in captivity likely because there are specific conditions under which they can breed and these conditions cannot be simulated in the day care environment found in the games.

Well, I suppose this could happen, but I don't think so. Have 5 Arceus', one wants too create too many worlds for the universe to handle, one wants to destroy the world, so on and so forth. Too many of each Legendarys is a very bad thing. The world could be destroyed, and legendarys are one of a kind.

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
No, they should not be able to breed. But, there would be one good point: People would lose a lot of their Pokemon because someone actually had a Level 9/under Zekrom.

Someone should really get their action replay, get a lv.1 legendary with 1 IV in all stats, and punish those losers.

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
Exactly then what would make them special to use

I'd say the pokemon trading forum would pretty much lose it's purpose except for EV, IV and shiny.
They don't even really need to release events anymore.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Lets put Kyogre in the same Egg fields as Wailord. So we can have Skitty on Kyogre.

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
NO!

Sorry for the epic No ^^ But I don't believe so, for the same reasons above this reply.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Well, I suppose this could happen, but I don't think so. Have 5 Arceus', one wants too create too many worlds for the universe to handle, one wants to destroy the world, so on and so forth. Too many of each Legendarys is a very bad thing. The world could be destroyed, and legendarys are one of a kind.

Members of the Arceus species cannot "create worlds". This was a myth created by the primitive peoples of Sinnoh who hadn't the benefit of modern science to recognize a reasonable explanation for nature.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
I get the joke, but there are people out there who are actually serious about it.

wowies. maybe the 'noob' word in my sig put you off. i realize noob a 'bad word' here. but, relax.
im laughing inside that you spent a post showing your wonder as to if i was joking or not.
and then one more making sure we know youre joking.
it kind of makes sense you would be confused since i didnt make fun of a "real" funny pokemon like stunfisk or magikarp. i prefer to exhibit a little more creativity than that.

more people should take me seriously.

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
What would make them so legendary if you could just breed them by the millions? Just because they do in the anime doesn't they should also in the game. No, legendaries shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
They wouldn't be legendary. It'd be like taking Leonidas and cloning him.

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
The whole point of legendaries is a very rare Pokemon that pretty much rules and protects the world by having power over something in some way, shape, or form. Celebi and Dialga have power over time for example.
Being able to breed them would give an excess of legendaries, and would as well make them feel less special, where as they are very special.
For example, you have a legit Darkrai that you caught in the game, and you're proud of that, and it makes you feel like you've done good and that you're a good player. If someone else had caughten that Darkrai and proceeded to breed it, they could simply brag and say they're better because, hey, they have more legit Darkrai than you and none are from events.
I'm not saying that if it were to happen that everyone would brag about it, but that would happen, and most likely quite a few times.

Serebii!

My thought, they breed but not in daycare which is the only possible place in game. I do think they should add another legendary Pokemon that can breed like Manaphy but only in a certain way

Crimson101

Cooler Than Red
I do think they should be able to breed because the fact they can't kinda brings up some questions like how they were made and stuff but then again them being able to breed might cause more of a problem :\ So idk

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I think they should not, so that they won't have carbon copies and stuff.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
Solosis hatched from the Egg!
Exeggcute hatched from the Egg!
Shuppet hatched from the Egg!

a lot of things about breeding dont make sense.
im kinda for it, just to against the grain of this thread.

yuff

I think that only the common ones and some of the less tough ones too. Like kyogre or palikia don't need to evolve, but maybe the legendary birds and dogs could have a something like a tyrogue pre-vo. Also I would like it if the mew like pokemon had multiple evolutions or forms at least something like the deoxy line. Because I don't know about you, but the 100 base stats are insane for me in the beginning of the game and yet causes problems for me at the end when fighting similarly tiered pokemon. I just want the ability to make choices and have options. (I'd settle for better access to some of the event like pokemon. ie shymin or deoxy.) Ultimately I'm one of the people that's an advocate for every single pokemon having three stages though.

Last edited: