• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Male and Female Meowstic count as two seperate Pokemon?

Should the Male and Female Meowstic's count as two seperate Pokemon?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No.

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So this is a realization that happened when I am plan out my teams for each generation, specifically Kalos. I normally plan of six team-builds each consisting just one of the OG Kalos starters and Hidden ability/alternative set Kalos Starter and the rest being entirely different Pokemon as I take into consideration of remakes and possible core series spinoffs like Colosseum and XD. This is basically a total of 36 evolution lines including the 6 Kalos starter evolution lines or 30 extra evolution lines built along with the 6 Kalos starter evolution lines. Unfortunately I hit a huge anchor and that's the fact there are only 29 evolution lines available in the 6th generation meaning I am one Pokemon evolution line short... and than it just hit me...

Male and Female Meowstic are like Male and Female Nidoking and Nidoqueen, they are two similar Pokemon played differently in different roles. That pretty much helped me filled the 36 evolution lines I needed to plan out 6 different teams since the two Meowstic Pokemon are like two differently-played Pokemon or two different branching evolution lines.

With that being said. Do you think Male and Female Meowstic should count as two separate Pokemon, similar to the Nidoking/Nidoqueen line, due to there strong different play styles, different abilities and even different movesets or do you think they should be identified or listed as one Pokemon altogether.

Last edited:

nickdt

No, they should not. They are still the same Pokemon. It doesn't matter how you look at it.

Nidoking and Nidoqueen is different, since they come from 2 different evolutionary lines.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I'd say no because the fact is Nidoran, Nidorino, Nidorina, Nidoking, and Nindoqueen were created in the first generation. Back when genders weren't a thing for every Pokemon. They may both start as Nidoran but it's clearly a case of divergent evolution.

Meowstic is another example of gender differences that were introduced in Generation 4. Yes they have their own movements but they still evolve from Espurr.

Status
Not open for further replies.