• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Mario retired?

theres no percentage low enough to say how probable that they would retire any of the series

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
If mario did retire, that would mean more Wii Series games. And that would suck!

We'll end up getting more of those anyway.

"Oh hey guys, let's 'retired' the series that shaped the general standards for video gaming and still earns us craploads of money today even after twenty plus years."

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
I don't think Mario should retire. He mad ea name for Nintendo and continues to be a giant in modern times. Nintendo without Mario is like Dinosaurs without the T-Rex.

I don't think Mario should retire. He mad ea name for Nintendo and continues to be a giant in modern times. Nintendo without Mario is like Dinosaurs without the T-Rex.

Pretty much, yes.
Mario has been an icon of Nintendo for years and is the biggest video game franchise in the world. I don't see why they should retire him. His games are extremely good, although the plots, very redundant.
But that's also like taking Pikachu off as Pokemon mascot (if you call him that) and replacing him with Bulbasaur or some other random pokemon.
I don't know why people would think of replacing Mario when he's still doing great as the Plumber who does a better job at saving a Princess who can't defend herself against Bowser than begin an actual plumber.

b3an0b0y

No. Simple As.

If Nintendo got rid of Mario, they would be nothing.
The game series and character is one of the most famous video game characters EVER, Mario is Nintendos gold mine, It'd be like Apple making sponge instead of iPods,iMacs etc.
He shouldn't retire, he's at the top of his game (literally).

B3an0b0y|y0b0na3B

No, because Mario is 27 and Mickey Mouse is 80 FLIPPIN' YEARS OLD! Now that's old!

I think if any nintendo charachter should retire, it's the pokemon trainer. He can't even walk diagonally. Either him or James McCloud.

Phendrona

They should NEVER retire
They are one of (the most?) popular series in the world!
They wouldn't retire for half a second!
I would love to se a game where you could play as many different characters though. (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Jr bowser, Peach etc)
I think it would make the game interseting since you would be viewing the story multiple ways.

Copygoo

Page of Heart
They should NEVER retire
They are one of (the most?) popular series in the world!
They wouldn't retire for half a second!
I would love to se a game where you could play as many different characters though. (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Jr bowser, Peach etc)
I think it would make the game interseting since you would be viewing the story multiple ways.

Paper Mario 2: Mario, Bowser, Peach were playable.
SPM: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach were playable.
Next M&L RPG: Mario, Luigi, Bowser have been comfirmed.
M&L PIT: Mario, Luigi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi were playable.
Most Sports Games: EVERY. FLIPPIN. CHARACTER.
Luigi's Mansion: All about Luigi.
Super Princess Peach: All about Peach.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Paper Mario 2: Mario, Bowser, Peach were playable.
SPM: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach were playable.
Next M&L RPG: Mario, Luigi, Bowser have been comfirmed.
M&L PIT: Mario, Luigi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi were playable.
Most Sports Games: EVERY. FLIPPIN. CHARACTER.
Luigi's Mansion: All about Luigi.
Super Princess Peach: All about Peach.

LM and SPP just had that character playable.

The others: all non-canon to the main franchise ;)

I would like to see a mainstream game with multi-character select though.

Nidogod

I don't think he should. This is coming from someone who isn't really a fan of Nintendo things (ironic that I'm posting here, isn't it?). Normally I'd say yes, but when you look at the individual games Mario deserves to be around just as much everyone else. As long as Mario games continue to be good and creative there's no reason the games should stop. It's not like he's Sonic the Hedgehog or Crash Bandicoot and has been release sub par generic games for year after year.

Raikou_fan

Mario is Nintendos big thing! As long as he makes them money they have no reason to retire him. Also, they can't afford to retire him until they come up with something to replace him. Fabio the electrician? It doesn't sound the way mario the plumber does...

Volcanic Murk

Stupid Genius
No. Mario is one of the biggest video game series ever. If Mario is retired by Nintendo, it would most likely be the end of Nintendo. Not to mention sales going down severely, a large fan base will be let down. Also, the Mario series is probably my favorite video game series. Pokemon comes close behind though.

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
Nintendo would lose lots of Nintendo supporters if Mario is dropped, and Nintendo decides to INCREASE production of Wii Series and "Casual" stuff.

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
When I think Nintendo, I think Mario. That would be a horrible decision if they replace Mario with someone else.