• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should metrosexuals be allowed to marry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I've noticed this really becoming a subject of debate lately. Personally, I think it's the right of everyone to marry, regardless of how frosted their hair is or how tight and fashionable their clothing. This is especially true given how unclear it is whether or not metrosexuality is a choice. Yes, there's probably some societal influence, but some people must be born with naturally silky, swept bangs. They may be extremely thin as well and just not look good in any other style.

Of course there's always the age-old debate that marriage between a metrosexual man and woman would devalue the long-standing religious institution of marrying more traditional couples. I understand that. Perhaps the best choice in this case is to allow extremely hip, effete couples civil unions or some other sort of label with all the legal tidings of marriage. In effect, the government could step out of the "marriage" business all together, allowing each religious institution to apply the label as they see fit. That way, traditional couples could still be married at their churches or other worship building, and metrosexuals could simply receive government licenses and continue to be married at Express or H&M.

I don't know though. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
There aren't enough of the right kind of people active enough and interested enough to make this worthwhile. It sincerely disappoints me to have to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.