• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Michael Bay direct the next Pokemon movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolkaMan

Hello serebii. I just thought of a great "what if?" idea, which is: should Michael Bay direct the next Pokemon movie? I think that this would be a great chance for pokemon to become a major movie if he directed it. I was in awe at his performance in directing the marvelous Transformer's films, and I think Pokmon would be a great step for him.

What do you guys think? Should Michael Bay direct the next Pokemon movie? How do you think it would turn out?

LizardonX

Banned
Well the movie would be amazing. I can only see two issues with it.

Anime serena is 10, and such does not have the "assets" to really allow herself to shine in the kind of roles female leads have in his movies.

There's not really enough firepower from xerneas and yveltal to truly make it awesome. They need at least 5 or 6 more legendaries all duking it out all at once.

But if they rectify these two issues, then I would love to see a michael bay like pokemon movie.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It would be awful and an awful idea. The transformer movies are mostly terrible, and the tmnt reboot will probably be too, and the Friday the 13th remake. Can't think of much good bay and done, so him directing a movie that is a vad idea in the first place is just a bad idea.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Thank God it's a joke question, but I'm still answering truthfully anyway.

Hell to the no. I'd much rather watch Pokémon Apokélypse than one directed by Michael Bay if I want to see a dark reboot of a childhood franchise.

KD73

Regardless of who the director might be, a live action Pokemon film would probably just turn out the same way as Dragonball Evolution did if they ever decided to make one.

On a side note, if it was Michael Bay than there would be exploding Voltorb's everywhere.

Last edited:
Michael Bay is a mehish director, but I really think Pokemon could suit his style.

Michael Bay is a mehish director, but I really think Pokemon could suit his style.

Oh dear God, please tell me this is just sarcasm. I'll throw a rage-fit if a live-action Pokemon movie is announced and Michael Bay's directing it! He's shot, stabbed, beaten, poisoned, suffocated, and run over people's childhoods long enough already!

Oh dear God, please tell me this is just sarcasm. I'll throw a rage-fit if a live-action Pokemon movie is announced and Michael Bay's directing it! He's shot, stabbed, beaten, poisoned, suffocated, and run over people's childhoods long enough already!

Why not? It's not like Pokemon is a quality show as it is. The fact is that it tries to be funny when it is not, and barely focuses on story and more on action. Sound familiar?

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
I'd rather have Guillermo del Toro or James Cameron direct a Pokemon movie (if such a case arise) than Michael Bay. Sure the visual effects are stunning, especially in the Transformer movies, but if the story and character falls out of place, then the potentially visually awesome attacks the Pokemon fire out are not worth anything.

Why not? It's not like Pokemon is a quality show as it is. The fact is that it tries to be funny when it is not, and barely focuses on story and more on action. Sound familiar?

Yes, it sounds familiar. But would you like it if you saw a movie where the Pokemon were depicted as an alien race equipped with futuristic weapons, and the Trainers are the U.S. Armed Forces that have to capture them in order to calm them down? That sounds like something Michael Bay can pull out of his a**. Sure, Pokemon is not good quality, but for someone like Michael Bay to just lower that bar would be intolerable. I'd wanna go after his unoriginal a**!

LizardonX

Banned

Jeez calm down.

Yes, it sounds familiar. But would you like it if you saw a movie where the Pokemon were depicted as an alien race equipped with futuristic weapons, and the Trainers are the U.S. Armed Forces that have to capture them in order to calm them down? That sounds like something Michael Bay can pull out of his a**. Sure, Pokemon is not good quality, but for someone like Michael Bay to just lower that bar would be intolerable. I'd wanna go after his unoriginal a**!

Sounds pretty cool to me. It would be different from all the sunshine and rainbows we usually get for a pokemon movie. Heck I don't think we've ever had a real villain and not just some pokemon who got mad over a misunderstanding.

Jeez calm down.

Sounds pretty cool to me. It would be different from all the sunshine and rainbows we usually get for a pokemon movie. Heck I don't think we've ever had a real villain and not just some pokemon who got mad over a misunderstanding.

Okay, seriously, you WANT Pokemon to be an alien race that invades Earth with futuristic weapons, and Trainers to be the U.S. Armed Forces who find it strategical to capture a Pokemon to calm them down?

Never thought you'd want something that'll lower the bar to nightmarish levels. But it figures.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Okay, seriously, you WANT Pokemon to be an alien race that invades Earth

To be fair, Pokémon has been stated since the beginning that they may have come from space. That idea seems to have dropped a long time ago, though, since we're now up to 700+ Pokémon, so it sounds really silly these days.

BlueDragonfangirl

Some people already complain the films have gone down hill, can you imagine if this guy took over? The guy would ignore the Pokemon, he'd add in more romance. If this was a live action film he'd put in special affects galore, I don't think he's ever done animated films though. I'm already freaking out what he's going to do with the turtles flick, meh. No,thank you! Don't even think the guy would consider this thoughXD

To be fair, Pokémon has been stated since the beginning that they may have come from space. That idea seems to have dropped a long time ago, though, since we're now up to 700+ Pokémon, so it sounds really silly these days.

I see them more as the Pokemon world's interpretation of real-life animals. Hence my defense over this topic.

THE miru

He'd probably do it as a reboot, not a sequel to the old stuff. Misty might wear her pre-Anime outfit. It would be decent at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.