• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Moves be double typed?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
No that would be deadly to Pokemon...... Maybe Hidden power but that it! Dragon rage could be a possible double type naah too deadly.
If moves were doubled typed they would literally kill Pokemon not make them faint KILL!
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
As pointed out before, it would make some Pokémon dead, and not just knocked out, literally dead! Keep them single-typed.

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
No cos if Moltres used Sky Attack (I learns it right?) which we're saying is fire/flying against Parasect it would be 32 x2 stab x sunbonustofireattacks with a band and a bp'ed belly drum = ...
Could someone do calculations if the moltres was 1 and the parasect 100

Dragon rage could be a possible double type naah too deadly.

Dragon Rage...? It always does 40 damage. ALWAYS!
Even if they make double type attacks, Dragon Rage would not change. It always does 40 points of damage.

But as everyone says, it would be greatly confusing and could make it more broken than the first generation.

No cos if Moltres used Sky Attack (I learns it right?)
It learns Sky Attack at level 78.

Last edited:
*thinks if explosion were normal/fire type attack*
No...

If moves were double typed, the original will still do the same normal damage, but with another type, the power would add on, and pokemon would die! Not faint, die!

*thinks if giga drain were grass/water, and used by a level 100 Ludicolo against a level 1 geodude*

Faerie

MONS
For instance, a simple move like Tail Whip. While it is a Normal type move, if used by a Steelix, would it be a Normal-Steel-Ground, while an Onix would be using a Normal-Rock-Ground?
That doesn't make any sense. Why should a move's type have anything to do with the pokemon using it? The move's nature by itself is what needs to be taken into account when considering what type it is. Only one or two singe-type moves depend on their user's type, so why should double-types?

Anyway, I think that this is a pretty good idea, but it could get out of hand kind of easily. For attacks that weren't already really strong, it could make battles a lot more interesting. I think the important thing is to make sure that dual-type attacks wouldn't be really common. If they were, battles would be way too easy.

Random Chaos

my hands are bananas
That's silly A move can only be one type

What's next triple type Pokemon?

superjesus1

If dual type moves were introduced my head would explode trying to work out what was effective against what anymore X3
IF they did implement it into the game they'd have to increase move slots to at least 6 maybe even more to get a well balanced pokemon of each type you want to use.
That said, i don't think the system would work well and lots of people would lose interest in the games - EV training and breeding for IV's is tedious enough to make some lose interest in taking the game further/competetively as it is let alone dual typing of moves XD

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
I think a more manageable and interesting idea would be moves with an added effectiveness. Such as normal type move learned by like an anteater pokemon, that is super effective on bug types. Or like a poison type move that is super effective on steel. The anteater move isn't rock, fire or flying, but it still does added damage to bugs. Similarly it's normal, so if a bug/steel or bug/rock is hit by it, it does neutral damage.

Zowayix

No cos if Moltres used Sky Attack (I learns it right?) which we're saying is fire/flying against Parasect it would be 32 x2 stab x sunbonustofireattacks with a band and a bp'ed belly drum = ...
Could someone do calculations if the moltres was 1 and the parasect 100

Lv1 Moltres with +Attack nature, 31 Attack IV and 252 Attack EVs, Sunny Day, Choice Band, and Belly Drum using Fire/Flying Sky Attack
against
Lv100 Parasect with -Defense nature, 0 Defense IV and 0 Defense EVs, with -6 Defense drop from 3 Screeches or something, with ability Dry Skin

= 352-416 HP damage. Lv100 Parasect's maximum HP is 324.

which means an always One-hit KO.

o_O

Kim62

Hello
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I was thinking recently that seeing as there are double type pokemon that there should be double typed moves.

Oh no, nobody has ever come up with that before.
I mean, no one has ever thought of having double typed attacks, it's just so orginal.
You think some one would have come up with that in the last 10 years, but no, you are the first one to come up with that. Just amazing.

Last edited:

Tyrant Tar

Most people struggle with type match-ups as it is (like me)....

Plus, what would Ghost/Fighting attack do to a Normal-type??

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Lv1 Moltres with +Attack nature, 31 Attack IV and 252 Attack EVs, Sunny Day, Choice Band, and Belly Drum using Fire/Flying Sky Attack
against
Lv100 Parasect with -Defense nature, 0 Defense IV and 0 Defense EVs, with -6 Defense drop from 3 Screeches or something, with ability Dry Skin

= 352-416 HP damage. Lv100 Parasect's maximum HP is 324.

which means an always One-hit KO.

o_O

How the hell are you gonna get a max EVd lvl 1 Pokemon?

I like the idea, but I think that it would make battles too easy. Maybe if you could choose the type of some moves, but that would be more like having two moves share one moveset...

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
How the hell are you gonna get a max EVd lvl 1 Pokemon?

I like the idea, but I think that it would make battles too easy. Maybe if you could choose the type of some moves, but that would be more like having two moves share one moveset...

same way you get a lv1 moltres

firework

I think that the creators probably already thought of something like this, but as everyone said, it would be extremely difficult to implement. Its a good idea, but the formulas and math would change so much; it isnt a good mixin. The moves should be left normal.

Similarly, ideas like 3 or 4 types in pokemon and attacks would screw up the tactics in Poke already.
For ex, a charizard that is part dragon/flying/fire would be difficult to calculate the weaknesses. Would the fire cancel out the 4X ice weakness? Would fire be 4x resisted? There are too many variables.

No. Just no.

The very idea would be too complex and the attacks would only be effective against certain Pokémon.

i.e. if there was an attack that was both Ice AND Fire type (making a Kirby 64 reference here at the same time, lawl), the physics of the actual attack would be screwed and would be most effective on a Torterra or Tropius, for example. I believe it's best not to play around with elements, like Kirby 64 did. (ice and fire = flaming ice cube - wth?)