• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Osama Bin Laden's Death Pic be publicly shown?

Should Osama Bin Laden's Death Pic be publicly shown?

• Yes, We the people must be well informed.

Votes: 120 75.0%
  • Eww no! Dead pics aren't my cup of tea.

Votes: 40 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nyter

Island Challenger
Although I already saw it (IT IS HIM!), Should newscasts and government media publicly display the image for all to see?

Why or why not? :635:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
...for what possible purpose?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
This needs to be in polls.

But otherwise, yes, it needs to be shown. I'm sure it's really gruesome, I don't believe they'd lie about half of a face being blown off, but the world needs to see that we are not afraid to let other terrorists know that we killed one of them in a brutal way. If we have video of Saddam's hanging, we can have the video of the burial in the Arabian Sea, and the picture of Osama bin Laden.

cantab

I think the US shouldn't publicly release it. It won't shut up conspiracy theorists, who'd just say it's fake, and it'll likely inflame those likely to commit terrorism.

Best would I think be if it's "leaked". Then it's public knowledge, while the US can wash their hands of having released it.

Thriller

Its almost time
...for what possible purpose?

The man was responsible for thousands of deaths of loved ones of people all across the country, I sure as heck would love to see the corpse of that wicked man with a bullet through his head.

They released the pictures of the corpses of Uday & Qusay Hussein in 2003...

Nyter

Island Challenger
As gruesome as it is, I a) am curious and b) wanting to know if the world is a little safer. I'm sure those terrorists were happy publicly showing their destruction to all (decapitating journalists and U.S. military hostages).

I don't want to see it because it's a picture of him dead, but because I need closure.. I need to know that this man wasn't invincible after everything he did. I live 25 mins away from Ground Zero...

It's like seeing the demise of a bad guy in a movie. You need to see it to feel a sense of relief and satisfaction.

Great job U.S. troops!!!!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
As gruesome as it is, I a) am curious and b) wanting to know if the world is a little safer. I'm sure those terrorists were happy publicly showing their destruction to all (decapitating journalists and U.S. military hostages).

I don't think the world is a little safer now that he's gone, as his policies still live on. I honestly think we'd be in a better position if we had killed him years ago, but what's done is done.

So right now, we should just be focusing on finding other terrorist leaders and wipe them off the face of the planet the same way we did with bin Laden.

I don't want to see it because it's a picture of him dead, but because I need closure.. I need to know that this man wasn't invincible after everything he did. I live 25 mins away from Ground Zero...

It's like seeing the demise of a bad guy in a movie. You need to see it to feel a sense of relief and satisfaction.

Wait, I thought you already saw the picture... and I was going to ask you where you found it...

But yes, seeing his corpse will help bring closure and justice to us all. It's one less wicked man in the world, we all need the closure.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Yes I did.. I spoke in the sense of wanting to see it...

Also it is a little safer, eliminating him eliminates a mastermind of evil. Eliminating him causes turmoil over who will be leader in his terrorist group (they must be fighting each other for power).

Also, they retrieved a LOT of data from them during the raid...

This is a step up!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Also it is a little safer, eliminating him eliminates a mastermind of evil. Eliminating him causes turmoil over who will be leader in his terrorist group (they must be fighting each other for power).

Also, they retrieved a LOT of data from them during the raid...

There's already a chosen leader for the group for when bin Laden dies, but I don't think a name's been released. The reign of terror of the terrorists and al Qaeda won't end until they're all eliminated.

But more data's good, we'll be needing it in the years to come. And more water-boarding.

Newsom

They should release it. It obviously wouldn't silence all of the sceptics but at least it will give some people closure. That and the Photoshopped images circulating around the web at present couldn't be much worse (in terms of gore) than the actual photo itself.

7 tyranitars

I want to see it, even if it wasn't me humans got a first see then believe attidute it will be good for a governments credibility if they shown in, also people who won't be pleased to see it can just not look?

Nyter

Island Challenger
Yes I agree

I want to see it, even if it wasn't me humans got a first see then believe attidute it will be good for a governments credibility if they shown in, also people who won't be pleased to see it can just not look?

Yes agreed...

As Lady Gaga would put it...
"Kiss Me if offenced, or wear ear condom next time"
... in this case eye condom

BigLutz

Banned
Obama has decided not to release the photos.

For a White House that has been VERY smart these last few days with the American Public, this is a very stupid decision.

Edit: Obama said this to CBS: “Imagine how the American people would react if Al Qaida killed one of our troops…and put photos of the body on the internet”

Not only is Daniel Pearl spinning in his grave right now, but... Good God this has to be the stupidest thing I have heard leave Obama's mouth in atleast 4 days.

Last edited:

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
I want a video, not just photos. Photos are easy to fake. A video of him being cast into the ocean, no matter how gruesome, would be necessary to fully convince me.

BigLutz, maybe the american government are planning on getting it "leaked", as mentioned above? Apparently they've embraced the fact that the photo will get out at some point, according to the BBC.

BigLutz

Banned
BigLutz, maybe the american government are planning on getting it "leaked", as mentioned above? Apparently they've embraced the fact that the photo will get out at some point, according to the BBC.

Maybe, there is the FOIA, but on the other hand, for the Obama White House this just smacks of caring more about the feelings of the nut jobs in the Middle East instead of American citizens.

Maybe, there is the FOIA, but on the other hand, for the Obama White House this just smacks of caring more about the feelings of the nut jobs in the Middle East instead of American citizens.

Surely you appreciate the need for some kind of balancing act? As far as I see it, damned if they do etc.

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
LET THE CONSPIRACY THEORIES BEGIN!!!

Ugh Obama, just when I thought "WOW all this time he was playing dumb!" BAM!!! I guess he wasn't playing the part

Nny

Yeah, about that...

For a White House that has been VERY smart these last few days with the American Public, this is a very stupid decision.

Edit: Obama said this to CBS: “Imagine how the American people would react if Al Qaida killed one of our troops…and put photos of the body on the internet”

Not only is Daniel Pearl spinning in his grave right now, but... Good God this has to be the stupidest thing I have heard leave Obama's mouth in atleast 4 days.
I think the White House has the right idea here. How would you feel if Al Qeada began killing American civilians for the sole purpose of sharing grotesque pictures online? Showing off Osama's picture can be seen as flaunting our trophy kill and I doubt Al Qeada won't try to 1 up us. Al Qeada is as skeptical as some Americans but couldn't that be used to our advantage? We have our kill. We got the information from their computers. We may have them where we need them; clueless and vulnerable. As far as those bastards know, it's all an illusion on behalf of our government. If they don't believe Osama was killed and his computers weren't seized, they aren't going to suspect anything when their plans are foiled.

This may not disqualify the possibility of having the video released in the future. Don't get me wrong though, I would LOVE to see the picture... but we must be careful. After all, we knew Osama was there since last summer. It just takes time.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

*face palm* OF course he would. I knew I should I watched Hannity's show on FOX last night, he said he was showing the video that night...

I'm sure the picture will get leaked out, people are always finding ways to get the pictures.