• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pkmn Games be harder?

Patri25

Yes, I think that the game must be more hard to win. I beat the black version in 30 hs.

gliscor&yanmega

Yes, I think that the game must be more hard to win. I beat the black version in 30 hs.

And by "beat" you mean defeating Ghetsis right? If so, you do know there is an entire post story left to do, along with a bunch of other things you can do, things that are made challenging.

The story portion of the game is fine as is.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
They should be!!
For example the " regi "s in S/R/E, it's badass!!
I haven't played emerald yet, but when I finally get it, I'm going to solve the way to the regis (( the braile thing )) all by myself, for example by using wikipedia or something to getthe braile alphabet, something like this.

The Regi thing was ridiculous, and they should never do something like it again. I mean, its impossible to figure out without the internet, unless you know braille. I don't think I know anyone that knows braille, let alone a 7-12 year old. You shouldn't have to be required to look up a braille dictionary on the internet just to get the Regis.

randomspot555

They should be!!
For example the " regi "s in S/R/E, it's badass!!
I haven't played emerald yet, but when I finally get it, I'm going to solve the way to the regis (( the braile thing )) all by myself, for example by using wikipedia or something to getthe braile alphabet, something like this.
But the other thing I noticed about pokemon games getting easier is that dialga's ((the mascot))catch rate in D/P/P is 30, while azelf, uxie and mesprit's catch rate are 3.
While another mascot in the previous game, rayquaza. Now, rayquaza's catch rate is 3, while the other non-mascot pokemon, the regis(( considering as a substitute of uxie, azelf,...)) have a capture of 3.

The Dragon trio in the Sinnoh games are forced to be battled with and are essential to the plot, so they purposely have a higher capture rate than most Legendaries.

The Regi thing was ridiculous, and they should never do something like it again. I mean, its impossible to figure out without the internet, unless you know braille. I don't think I know anyone that knows braille, let alone a 7-12 year old. You shouldn't have to be required to look up a braille dictionary on the internet just to get the Regis.

Agreed. They're quite difficult to even find unless you explore every little bit of land and water and cave.

aloquesada

You didn't need a dictionary since the first chamber had the alphabet in order :p That was fun :p

I would totally like harder puzzles in the games. I mean, its an RPG after all, its normal if you have to break your head and talk with everyone and be stuck for hours in a puzzle... Like the series of events needed to get the pokeflute in RGB/FRLG the first time you see a Snorlax in your way you have to think and speak with everyone to know how to awake it...

Last edited:

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
The Dragon trio in the Sinnoh games are forced to be battled with and are essential to the plot, so they purposely have a higher capture rate than most Legendaries.

Eh, Kyogre and Groudon had a catch rate of 5. :/

Should Pokémon games be harder? Yeah, they could be harder.
Should it be difficult to the point where the franchise's target audience would be too frustrated with the difficulty? Not really.

Espeondude

I guess you people haven't played stadium 1 or 2.... those games were so frustrating and difficult- it probably had the best AI so far- and the worst hax too....

randomspot555

Eh, Kyogre and Groudon had a catch rate of 5. :/

Yeah, IMO this was a flaw in Gen 3 Hoenn that they've "corrected" since then. Since then, all of the forced-encountered Legendaries have been easy to catch considering how central they are to the plot.

I guess you people haven't played stadium 1 or 2.... those games were so frustrating and difficult- it probably had the best AI so far- and the worst hax too....

I don't remember about the Gym Leader challenge in PS1 (never played 2). But a lot of the reason why hax is so big is because there are a lot of glitches** in Gen I that are, frankly, easier to abuse when playing against high level opponents and/or other humans than it is against a dumb AI which is easy to plow through.

**They aren't so much glitches as they are poorly thought out game mechanics. Making critical hit chances based on speed made PERSIAN (yes, Persian) with STAB Slash an OU threat. It also got STAB on Hyper Beam and if you KO someone (or, I think, hit a substitute), you don't have to recharge. Blizzard with 90% accuracy made Dragonite a nearly unstoppable monster after it got in an Agility boost.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Yeah, IMO this was a flaw in Gen 3 Hoenn that they've "corrected" since then. Since then, all of the forced-encountered Legendaries have been easy to catch considering how central they are to the plot.

Then again, who's to say that story-central legendaries must have higher capture rates to begin with? There wasn't really a problem with Kyogre and Groudon's capture rates in RSE. :/

randomspot555

Then again, who's to say that story-central legendaries must have higher capture rates to begin with? There wasn't really a problem with Kyogre and Groudon's capture rates in RSE. :/

Eh, I think there could be a problem. They're on the front cover box and I, when I was a kid, always used one master ball on a Legendary and never caught the rest in Gen I. I could see something simmilar in Gen 4 and 5, especially with the high number of legends. Giving at least some of them a higher rate might mean lil kids will be able to catch them without too much frustration.

Aurath8

Eh, I think there could be a problem. They're on the front cover box and I, when I was a kid, always used one master ball on a Legendary and never caught the rest in Gen I. I could see something simmilar in Gen 4 and 5, especially with the high number of legends. Giving at least some of them a higher rate might mean lil kids will be able to catch them without too much frustration.

If that's the case, one has to wonder why Giritina has a catch rate of 3. Rayquaza and Kyurem aren't required and can't be caught respectively, so they have their excuses.

The one thing that really annoyed me about 5th Gen was how you could find a pokemon strong against the next gym in the route/cave right before it. I mean I loved the plot and the pokemon in it, but the placement of everything annoyed me. I don't really think Pokemon games need to be more difficult in the way you're describing them, though. Maybe have them switch out Pokemon more, or be more strategic. Something like that. If you think that they need to be tougher, there are multiple challenges you could take posted throughout the internet that would make the game difficult.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Ya I think Pokemon games could be more challenging on their own without the additions of Nuzlockes and such. It doesn't take very long to complete the story aspect and I never really find the post-story things that tough either. I missed out on RSE, but the thing about the Regis sounds really fun.

gliscor&yanmega

The one thing that really annoyed me about 5th Gen was how you could find a pokemon strong against the next gym in the route/cave right before it.

Doesn't that happen all the time. It's there for those who want to rely on type advantage and make the games easier for themselves.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
The one thing that really annoyed me about 5th Gen was how you could find a pokemon strong against the next gym in the route/cave right before it.

Then don 't use it. It blows my mind how some people go out of their way to catch a Pokemon good against a certain gym, and then complain the games too easy. I mean, is it really that hard to just not use it?

Dryzera

Banned
Yes, I think so. For me, every single generation of pokemon games has been incredibly easy up until I reach the elite 4. In the game I simply choose all the right pokemon to fight each gym, but then all the sudden when you reach the elite 4 there's this huge power creep, and I'm forced to level grind for hours. It's not really a pattern I'd like to continue. I'm sure they could do something to make the games a bit more challenging and enjoyable. Those acting like even the slightest bit of change will destroy the pokemon franchise should simmer down a bit.