• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon eventually get 4 or 5 stages of Evolution?

Yes...There is a Third evolution for some pokemon...For example: Pichu is stage 1, Pikachu is Stage 2 and Richu is Stage 3...-Empolean

TheEliteEmpoleon

Yes...There is a Third evolution for some pokemon...For example: Pichu is stage 1, Pikachu is Stage 2 and Richu is Stage 3...-Empolean

Basic- ;393;
Stage ONE- ;394;
Stage TWO- ;395;

Even though there may be three pokémon in an evolutionary line, there two stages of evolution. The basic pokémon (Piplup in my example) is kinda like a zero.

Meeker

It needs a fence.
This topic came up not long ago, and I remember everyone agreeing to the fact that the stats for those that do have them. If it does become this way, I don't care, as long as Gamefreak balances out the stats on other Pokemon to be adaquite to combat the 4th evo it should be all good.

Ditto B1tch

Never!!!!!!!!!!!!

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Basic- ;393;
Stage ONE- ;394;
Stage TWO- ;395;

Even though there may be three pokémon in an evolutionary line, there two stages of evolution. The basic pokémon (Piplup in my example) is kinda like a zero.

Agreed

This is also how Game Freak officially classify the evolution stage. So considering that fact, plus the eviolite Game Freak won't be giving pokémon 3rd or 4th evolution.

Furthermore evolution is pokémon growing from a child to a fully developed adult.

Missile157

Kingdra Trainer
Do you mean that you're Victini doesn't have maxed stats?
That isn't surprising if you haven't EV trained or IV bred it. Do you know what these are, because I could explain them to you if you want, or I'm sure there's an article about them on the main site.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
If they ever wanted to make more than the 3 stages, they would have done so in the past 5 generations.

Agreed

This is also how Game Freak officially classify the evolution stage.

No they would not.

The "Basic" thing is entirely made up by TCG, along with the redundant "Baby" stage which only serves to cause confusion and makes people think there are 4 stages for pokemon.

Gamefreak, whatever words or notations they would use, it would be like this:

Nothing more and nothing less.
This is simply from the fact that all pokemon give out 1, 2 or 3 total EffortPoints, depending on what stage they are in their family.

Do not look at TCG for "official" classifications, because they often even contradict themselves, like making Lileep an evolved pokemon, or have baby pokemon but then some baby pokemon like Togepi and Riolu are basic... they do what they want.

No, I think that branching is fine, but I feel like it would just be too much if Pokemon had more evolutions.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I think no, with 3 is good with me, if adding more stages it will be overpowered and the stats will be a mess.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
The irony is that someone else suggested this same topic a week or so ago. I will say, again, that it would greatly change the game as we know it. It's one thing to introduce a new battle system, but it's a whole different story when you add more evolutions to already powerful pokemon.