• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon have more Death Refereneces?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Many of you said that Death References ( Mainly in game deaths ) Would only be good if they tie in with the story well, That's a great point you all made! I couldn't agree with you more! Though I'm still annoyed that Cyrus got to give you a lecture and just walk away. I wanted to see that S.O.B DIE!!! And I'm sure many of you did as well.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
And think how much vemon each sting would have, and that they are like wasps and don't die after stinging something. So they can sting you over and over.

nah, you will be poisoned, and just walk around with random glitch vision, then faint until someone gives you a revive.

Obviously if a TwinNeedle doesn't impale a caterpie to death, it wont kill a human either.

Not really.

That was easy. Who wants Chinese?

ME ME ME ME ME!!

Yes. They should also make the option of the player killing Pokemon in a detailed fashion. Knife through the eye, maybe?

I think that'd make the game much more interesting.

Also, a lot more inappropriate for kids.

-

Other than the other death references they have in the game/anime, I don't think Pokemon should have too many death references. We want it it stay appropriate enough for for the target audience. If it's used in the right context, then sure, put those references in. But they should'nt go totally overboard.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Many of you said that Death References ( Mainly in game deaths ) Would only be good if they tie in with the story well, That's a great point you all made! I couldn't agree with you more! Though I'm still annoyed that Cyrus got to give you a lecture and just walk away. I wanted to see that S.O.B DIE!!! And I'm sure many of you did as well.

Yes, it'd be fine if it tied in with the story but for Cyrus, I don't think it matters. I wouldn't have found the story any more satisfying or complete with him dying. It'd just be a random add-on.

Also, why should he die? Cyrus is awesome. :D

And again, death is prevalent enough for what is supposed to be cheery children's story. If you want death and tragedy, play or watch something else. It's not so much as what's appropriate but the fact that the Pokemon world is, and has for the most, been a perfect one. That's a big part of its charm and many people don't want it go down the route of generic edgier and darker.

lucario is best

shiny seeker
if you think about it if cyrus got his wish and had his new world wouldnt he be dead to everybody because he wouldnt be seen

and in the celebi movie he did die at the end and everybody got upset but then he came back so there are some :-]

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
death is simply a part of life, embrace it in all its glory no need to get sad , just be a tad sad that your experiences with that person will not continue, ... then get over it . Death is a fact of life, it doesn't matter what a six year old feels about a bit of data that died. Be more concerned with your friend that got run over by a drunk idiot.

Krizor

Evil Genius
I don't see a good reason for why it should have more death references.

It's had more than enough for a franchise that's aimed at children.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
death is scene alot in children series, children should get with the program of reality, trying to shield them from something so paltry as death is a bunch of weak bullcrap

Krizor

Evil Genius
death is scene alot in children series, children should get with the program of reality, trying to shield them from something so paltry as death is a bunch of weak bullcrap

That's easy to say.

But most children are sensitive, so a subject like death is not something they can understand, take in, and accept that easily.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Do you know most children? Besides Japan is the country where you grow up faster based on their laws, so its not a big whoop, don't compare their products to the basis set by yours.

Krizor

Evil Genius
Do you know most children? Besides Japan is the country where you grow up faster based on their laws, so its not a big whoop, don't compare their products to the basis set by yours.

I don't need to know most children, it's scientific fact that their brains are not as developed as an adults and information effects them more emotionally than us.

It's also common sense.

Do you know most kids in Japan?

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
I don't need to know most children, it's scientific fact that their brains are not as developed as an adults and information effects them more emotionally than us.

It's also common sense.

Do you know most kids in Japan?

So it makes it more epic. Big deal.

BCVM22

Trying to use this lame, tired and simply inaccurate excuse as a means of rendering criticism that will never, ever be heard or acknowledged by anyone important and as a justification for injecting death into a franchise that has never, ever done anything to indicate it is lacking in such a department is even worse.

Think about that. All of you. Because that's all anyone is doing. There is no legitimate argument for including more death in any part of this franchise and most of the people demanding we see Cyrus physically off himself instead of just letting himself remain in the Distortion World are doing so because they want to be able to say to themselves and others "See? there's death! This is mature!"

lucario is best

shiny seeker
wow this topic has turned into a big arguement its natural but children dont think about death so why would you put more death in a game that takes your mind of death

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
The only time that I really like killing in either game, movie, or anime is when the death is actually awesome. I dislike it highly when someone just randomly dies and there is no point to it. I like to see people sob and worry and see some doom and despair. None of them ever feel that overwhelming sense of impending doom and that just doesn't really make it fun. The Pokemon there killed off in the games were already dead when you got there, you didn't get to know them when they were alive and you didn't get to really get attached.

Although I would hate it if they allowed my Pokemon to die during the course of the game. I would be devastated.

lucario is best

shiny seeker
well said^^ but is this topic about death is getting old there is enough death end of

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
But if there were more deaths then this would completely change the consumers of the Pokemon series/games. The younger audience would be put off by the deaths and may become sad or even scared. Think of the children!!!
There have been a few deaths though e.g the Marowak in the games and Cyrus and possibly Hunter J.