1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

should pokemon have more or less personality???yes or no???

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KingZekrom333, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingZekrom333

KingZekrom333 Grrr... HUNGRY!!!

People of serebii my opinion stands clear,should pokemon such as ashes oshowatt and iris's aew have more or less personality to evolve???please respond asap.to me your opinion does matter.for all you water type lovers out there i hope you'll agree with me.because i am a water type user and a warior of all things water type.

2. moneylesswario

moneylesswario Shudo's Powerhouses

Maybe not more personality, exactly, just more memorable and fleshed out. They shouldn't just slap a random trait/emotion on a Pokemon and then decides that automatically makes it a good character.
    ~marioluigifan05

3. Akuroma

Akuroma Well-Known Member

Pokemon with personality makes it interesting. It helps develop the story.

4. Honeyichigo

Honeyichigo The manliest

Ideally, Pokemon should both have personality and be able to evolve, but if it's a trade-off between the two, I'd rather have personality.

5. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

I never got why it seems like a trade-off or why the Pokemon can't evolve an retain its personality. Even as a Dewott, Oshawott could still be cute and whatnot (just soften up the face).

In regards to wild Pokemon, I don't exactly expect them to display an emotional spectrum similar to a human but a Trainer's personality will likely rub off on his/her Pokemon as they grow accustom to each other. I think Professor Oak said something about it.

6. *~Silver*~

*~Silver*~ Well-Known Member

Me too. I'd hate to have a character that has no personality what-so-ever just because the writers just wanted it to evolve. I would want Pokemon to have both though.

7. moneylesswario

moneylesswario Shudo's Powerhouses

Now I understand what the question is asking.

They should focus more on personality and less on battles and evolution, appearance and skill in the battlefield is not the same as character worth.
    ~marioluigifan05

8. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Lop-And-Bunny!!!

The Pokemon need MORE personality it needs to be like MLP FIM!

9. RVD_fan

RVD_fan Well-Known Member

I like clearly defined personalities when they play into the storylines. Paul, for example, sought out Pokemon who were aggressive and responded well to harsh, rigorous training, and most of his go-to Pokemon like Ursaring and Weavile reflected that. Just little things that flesh out the characters of the trainers based on what kind of relationship they have with their Pokemon.

I'm not a huge fan of when a Pokemon exists mostly for its personality but it doesn't play a role in the story or is hardly even acknowledged by the trainers. Oshawott is the prime example of this, where his goofiness never really has an impact on anything.

10. tiandao

tiandao New Member

Great personality!I agree with your points.
    It skills seems to be a Western style!

11. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Personality almost always comes at the expense of power. paul's pokemon had no personality, he just sought out naturally vicious pokemon except turwig since he had no choice in the matter.

So if it means we have more Glalies and Kinglers over bulbasaurs and Oshawotts I'm all for it.

12. PokeMasterCait

PokeMasterCait Active Member

Personality FTW. That was one thing that I got attached to seeing pokemon when I was really young (i'm 20 now), I really enjoyed seeing Pokemon have different personalities, i love seeing them playing and interacting with other pokemon. Personality make pokemon what they are today. IMHO.

13. MuseHarmonia

MuseHarmonia ~♥Raichu♥~

I say more. It would be interesting!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.