• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon Origins have more episodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosti

I'm here, yeah...
I too would also like to see one for each gen, gen 2 in particular because it is one of my favorite gens. I enjoy playing HeartGold and SoulSilver.

matt0044

Well, I can see them going to do Gold and Silver. Though I wish Red and Blue had at least 12 episodes to tell their story as a mini series. Not too big or too small.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Yeah, I rather not have more of Gen 1, but a Origin for Gen 2, and then one for every other Gen, would be sweet. ^^

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
I think they should just once in a while (like a year or something) with all the Pokémon games they made so far...
Would be pretty cool to see more game-based anime of Pokémon!

KaiyoOrganiz

Darkness Master
I think they should have 26 episodes showing significant events of the games in more detail(not in small details like they shown) like all 8 gym battles, foiling the bad guys, the elite four, the champion, legendary pokemon, rare pokemon(Snorlaxes, Sudowoodo,e.t.c), event pokemon and end game trainers.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Pokémon Origin only existed to promote Mega Charizard X, Pokémon X and Y and try to appeal to the older fan base who may have fallen out of the Pokémon series. Hence why it only got 4 episodes and why Charizard used more than any of Red's other Pokémon.

Because it's better than watching Ash job every tournament? Than watching him go through an entire region with a bunch of unevolved starters?

Origin Red isn't exactly amazing either and relies too much on his Charizard punching everything.

Red is no better than Ash.

fitzy909

Just another guy
personally i would hope that there were more episodes and each one focused on a main event in the games, e.g. Gym battles, team rocket encounters, etc.

Because it's better than watching Ash job every tournament? Than watching him go through an entire region with a bunch of unevolved starters?
No, not really. Origins was kinda boring for the most part and until the battle with Giovanni in his gym, the animation was really inconsistent. And at least Ash doesn't only rely on his Pikachu.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
I think it would be cool to give each generation its own Pokemon Origins but the scenarios you bring up are all pretty much the same. The first Johto one you suggest is a direct mirror (at least in my opinion) of Pokemon Origins with Ethan battling the final legendary of the game with his starter Mega evolving. I understand that it was a neat surprise in Origins, but if they were to do another one in Johto, I'd like them to deviate from the first plot. Instead of filling the Pokedex, perhaps Ethan wants to be more like Green and really just go after badges and being powerful. Afterall, although the original goal of your character in the game is to fill the Pokedex, X&Y have shown all the different paths that a trainer can take. If they were to do it, I don't want a rehash of Pokemon Origins. And, although part of the game, I don't think Ethan going to Kanto would be necessary. We already got an adventure in Kanto, end the final episode with Oak inviting Ethan to Kanto and end the special (just like Red realizing that Mew exists and wants to find it).

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Pokemon Origin was done well but too quick. I would have liked it if they added Leaf to the mix as well as had more variety in Ash's party. But more episodes for it is not something I would have liked. They need to do G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/P with the justice of doing B/W the first characters.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I like to see more Origins, but I like to see it a once a week, Pokemon.com new episode, like how Cartoon Network shows Ash's Adventure. Why not show one online and one on TV and show it on different days a week?

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I have just finished watching pokemon Origin this week and I'm a little surprised on how everyone looks in the special. I wouldn't want more episodes of that. Besides, we already went through similar stuff with Ash as far as badge collecting, so I don't think we need to follow Red around too.

Hazmiter

I just watched it all tonight too lmao!!!
I loved it and all i have to say on the matter is this!

Run mew!!! Run for your life!!!! Reds after you now!!!
Bahahaha

Seriously loved it, until the mega Evo happened :( wish we had that for red and blue version way back when :,(

SoarStaraptor

I hope the dub version doesn't censor and make it kiddish. I want it PG! I want to see the big action!! The Red v. Green first battle was so awesome that the battles should be like that!

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Sure I'd like to see more.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
There's kind of no point to it now. Aside from Red hunting for Mew, they've gone through the entire Red & Blue games, so I don't think they can technically do more episodes since they've run out of material

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
There's kind of no point to it now. Aside from Red hunting for Mew, they've gone through the entire Red & Blue games, so I don't think they can technically do more episodes since they've run out of material

They could easily go back and cover the material that they rushed through/didn't bother to fully show. There were several things that were completely left out as well, so I think Origins could easily become a mini-series at best. I just thought it was vastly superior to the current anime and it would be nice to have a consistent anime for once since that's what I liked about Origins the most.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I imagine further Origns would follow the Gold/Silver games, then the Ruby/Sapphire games. They have no reason to use Red again.

Status
Not open for further replies.