• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon Origins have more episodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
No, because they would all be predictable and not really that interesting. The one reason why the regular anime is so interesting is for it actually having original stories that aren't basically carbon copies of the game stories minus advertising something like mega evolutions.

I would definitely love to see more origins episodes for all other gens. And I want more than 4 episodes per gen.

Same here. I honestly think the Origins Special has been more interesting (and entertaining) than anything the regular Anime has done in years. It took itself seriously, but not to the point where Red came off as an emotionless, deadpan battler the way DP Ash did, so that worked for me.

If anything, the regular Anime is the predictable, stale, redundant/repetitive media when it comes to Pokemon, IMO. Like Yuoke said, though, I do like that it tried to distinguish itself from the games, but it hasn't done anything new itself in a while...

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I only want them for Hoenn for the sake of seeing Courtney appear! I could care less for anything else. From the little I have seen on YT it is kinda over done.

I only want them for Hoenn for the sake of seeing Courtney appear! I could care less for anything else. From the little I have seen on YT it is kinda over done.

I think it was done pretty well, but hey, to each their own.

aloasa

The sound of drums
my overall answer is a yes, the question for me is that if it should replace the current anime......
if this was still BW then it would be a yes, the anime went downhill in this season to the point of me just ragequitting it and actually stop believing in Ash, something that never happen in the whole run of the series, ever.
BUT then I took the X and Y anime to the.....was I about to reference that?....anyway, X and Y with just 4 episodes sold it for me, they revive the fire of my heart and make me fall in love with the anime again (that and the song that's stuck in my head), so I think that Origins should at the most remain a special, besides, if you want something so closely related to the games THEN PLAY THE GAME

MedievalMovies

Absolute Power
I really don't see the appeal of Pokemon Origins. It was basically POKEMON RED: THE ANIME but with MegaZardX at the end. There was really no appeal because I've already played the games before, so why would watching the anime version without any changes of said game be exciting? Not to mention the gigantic Charizard pandering that really didn't need to happen.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

I really don't see the appeal of Pokemon Origins. It was basically POKEMON RED: THE ANIME but with MegaZardX at the end. There was really no appeal because I've already played the games before, so why would watching the anime version without any changes of said game be exciting? Not to mention the gigantic Charizard pandering that really didn't need to happen.

Because it's better than watching Ash job every tournament? Than watching him go through an entire region with a bunch of unevolved starters?

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
In my opinion they should have gone for a half season (12 episodes) to cover R/B/Y. 4 episodes is way, way too rushed, and we missed out on so many things that were merely mentioned extremely briefly in the flashbacks. Even 12 episodes would barely be enough to cover all of the main points, but at least they could give each Gym battle the attention they deserve.

Because it's better than watching Ash job every tournament? Than watching him go through an entire region with a bunch of unevolved starters?

If you are a Pokemon Origin fan, then you must be knowing that what they did was stay faithful to the games and simply expand on the plots that weren't explained in the games (like Mr. Fuji)

I want Pokemon Origins to stay this way. Be a faithful adaptation of the games with expansion on such topics. Making an entire series will destroy this point of Pokemon Origins because it will be turn into another series like the Pokemon Anime or Pokemon Adventures. Pokemon Origins should be seen more like an extension of the game canon than an original anime series. That's how I see it, anyway. So, I won't want an entire anime series on Origin. But I'd love similar adaptations for G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/Pt B/W/B2/W2, and XY.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

If you are a Pokemon Origin fan, then you must be knowing that what they did was stay faithful to the games and simply expand on the plots that weren't explained in the games (like Mr. Fuji)

I want Pokemon Origins to stay this way. Be a faithful adaptation of the games with expansion on such topics. Making an entire series will destroy this point of Pokemon Origins because it will be turn into another series like the Pokemon Anime or Pokemon Adventures. Pokemon Origins should be seen more like an extension of the game canon than an original anime series. That's how I see it, anyway. So, I won't want an entire anime series on Origin. But I'd love similar adaptations for G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/Pt B/W/B2/W2, and XY.

Even if they were 12-13 episode game distillations someone would find a way to complain about it.

SoarStaraptor

Yes there need to be more episodes! The action was great in the battles but a bit ok with little violence.

My answer is NO,
It was great ! But if there are things that I learned from past experiences is that it should stay the way it is/was and remain that popular special because there's a chance that this special become boring and affects all the origin series like the main animé, so, for me, this should never be touched and remain a relic for pokemon fans.
I'm pessimistic too because with BW anime was so disapointing that i lost faith in the writers.

And I'm more for this kind of surprise but doing the same thing for next gen games would become repetitive and redundant.

NeoDude-5000

Would be nice to have Gold and Silver covered one day.

Why not do a Gold and Silver prequel? It will explain why Red goes to Mt. Silver, how does Blue become the Viridian City Gym Leader and why does Professor Oak create a new PokeDex. Even though we know most the history it would be nice to see it in a montage or as a anime special.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Not better imo. At least the anime is unpredictable. With origins I already knew everything that would happen for megazard. With the regular anime, there can be original stories. I already know the gen 1 story with my eyes closed. And does evolve some.starters.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
It would be kind of pointless to have it continued for 1st gen, considering the storyline has already been covered in the 3 episodes. However, I would love for them to do adaptations of each gen. That'd be super cool. I know we have Pokespecial but it isn't quite the same since the storyline has a lot of other elements brought into it.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

I think it was fine as is. If they're going to do more "Origin" type episodes, they should do it for an entirely different generation. No more point in staying in Gen I anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.