• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon Origins have more episodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
If they decide to do something like Origins for Gen II, I'm fine with that. However, it can't be the way it was this time. It was epic but way too rushed. Give us some good pacing and I'll watch it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It would be more like.

Episode 1- team rocket
Episode 2- lake of rage
Episode 3- elite four and kanto
Episode 4- red

Agreed. I'd like to see Origins go up to the 4th generation.

I'd like to see Brendan and May take down Magma/Aqua together, and then Lucas/Dawn in DP.

LizardonX

Banned
Agreed. I'd like to see Origins go up to the 4th generation.

I'd like to see Brendan and May take down Magma/Aqua together, and then Lucas/Dawn in DP.

You mean ruby/sapphire and Dia/Pearl/Platina :p

But yeah.

RSE

Episode 1- facing daddy
Episode 2- the blue and red orbs.
Episode 3- groudon vs kyogre
Episode 4- battle frontier.

DPPt

Episode 1- Team Galactic
Episode 2- The three lakes
Episode 3- Spear Pillar
Episode 4- battle zone/Mt.Stark

4 eps isn't really enough to give gen 3 and 4 justice.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Hmm...probably

If it was only the red/green saga then that would be a definite yes. I would have loved for the saga to go on much further. It really tugged at my heartstrings and, yeah it was a nostalgia cash in, and people will complain about that art direction, the battles, and mega charizard X, but you can tell a lot of time went into this, and it really is a good show compared to some of the Pokemon stuff out there.

I do kinda wish they have a GSC arc, that would be really fun and enjoyable, but anything further than that I wouldn't really care for. I never cared for RSE at all, and DPPt wasn't any better. But I wouldn't mind it. It would give other people something to enjoy.

To the people saying no, what is your reasoning? I find it kinda odd that people say we should "leave things in the past" yet this wouldn't be effecting the main show at all. This was a different team that worked on this anime. So really, what does it matter if they make more. You could always, ya know, not watch it? Not liking the art direction is subjective and it's not really a solid reason, and the only reason it was rushed was, ya know, 4 episodes. You have a lot to cram into 4 episodes. Honestly I really don't see any other way that they could have done it. If it was longer than don't you think it wouldn't have been as rushed?

Hazmiter

Dragoniss has the right of it, and at least in the pokemon origins there is no bad puns (gods but Jesse and James can be PUNishing at times)
Also i feel that they actually did catch the whole feel of the game in this, giovanni was especially well done :) and i loved the fact that he uses phrases from the games.

What i wouldn't mind seeing is where he goes off to afterwards.

Sprinter1988

Aren't the game version of those characters still named May and Dawn though? That's why they're Brendan and Lucas too.

It's only the manga that changed their names.

I think that was a joke :p

Origins really should continue into Gold/Silver and beyond. Not only is it an excellent nostalgia kick for the long-time fans, but it is also a show aimed at an older audience, as exemplified by the pokemon making actual proper sounds rather then squeaking their name all the time. Also, it was nice to follow someone who wins in the end.

Sure, people complain about Charizard hogging the screentime, but it was nice to see all those other pokemon involved. I, for one, got extremely excited every time Jolteon appeared - just the simple idea of this version of Red not having a Pikachu as once of his main pokemon was a very good move IMO. Also there was some love for pokemon who were rarely seen in the main anime, like Persian, Gengar, Scyther, Dodrio and Lapras, all pokemon who simply don't get enough appearances on screen.

I think though that if they did do a gold/silver/crystal sequel, then the girl trainer has to appear as well. I know that they didn't have time to squeeze in leaf (or the mysterious girl in gen 1 promo art) but it was kind of sad that the good ol' Bulbasaur line got left out. All three starters should get at least some decent amount of screen time.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It would be awesome, but I think it would be its own separate entity than just a continuation of Pokémon: The Origin. I don't know, that's just what I think. Even then, I can't see the spin-off lasting longer than maybe two seasons (24-26 episodes), though having them as specials is fine with me.

Aeron

Bum Eyes
I stopped watching the Pokemon anime about mid-way through the Johto one. To be honest I dislike the anime, Ash is dumb as rocks and I find the stories yawn-inducing.

Pokemon Origins though, I was pleasantly surprised. It seemed to know it's target audience well (20-ish year-olds who grew up playing Pokemon Blue and Red). I loved the way the whole thing came together, the remixed music, the script reciting lines from the games, and I found the Charmander and Squirtle battle to be particularly brutal - they didn't flower it up.

Unfortunately too many people want to see Ash and token-girl A and token-boy B travel through latest gen region, so I doubt they'll make more.

Graham Aker

IF they did another Origin...I wonder if they'd make the main character of whichever gen catch all the Pokemon within their own region, and a previous one? IIRC, Red caught all 150 right?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
They could easily go back and cover the material that they rushed through/didn't bother to fully show. There were several things that were completely left out as well, so I think Origins could easily become a mini-series at best. I just thought it was vastly superior to the current anime and it would be nice to have a consistent anime for once since that's what I liked about Origins the most.
It would be weird if after the whole special aired, they just went back to air episodes showing the stuff that was skipped over. The origins for gen 1 is over. If they want to do one for gen 2, that's fine, but that is about it.
I stopped watching the Pokemon anime about mid-way through the Johto one. To be honest I dislike the anime, Ash is dumb as rocks and I find the stories yawn-inducing.

Pokemon Origins though, I was pleasantly surprised. It seemed to know it's target audience well (20-ish year-olds who grew up playing Pokemon Blue and Red). I loved the way the whole thing came together, the remixed music, the script reciting lines from the games, and I found the Charmander and Squirtle battle to be particularly brutal - they didn't flower it up.

Unfortunately too many people want to see Ash and token-girl A and token-boy B travel through latest gen region, so I doubt they'll make more.

Some people like the fact that at least the regular anime has original stories and characters, while the origin just literally is the exact story of the games basically, in anime form. It is very predictable.

LizardonX

Banned
Some people like the fact that at least the regular anime has original stories and characters, while the origin just literally is the exact story of the games basically, in anime form. It is very predictable.

For me and most of the designated audience, just seeing our childhoods being beautifully animated on TV is better than anything the anime has been able to pull off so far.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They should do an Origin special for every generation.

I'd love to see a Johto and Hoenn one because of how different they would be from the regular anime versions.

Sprinter1988

To be fair, the vast majority of episodes in the anime haven't been unique for a while. The vast majority follow the same formula of Here is the Character of the Day. He/She owns this pokemon. Team Rocket appears. Pikachu uses Thunderbolt. Team Rocket goes away. Everyone parts ways as friends promising to see each other again some day, although they never ever ever will.

Okay, there are a few that don't follow this formula, mostly when the main characters are in a tournament, gym battle or contest, but for the most part the above applies to nearly every other episode.

Now that is what I call predictable.

Don't get me wrong, I usually enjoy the main anime, but really each series starts by asking the question "can Ash win this league?" and then taking 140-190 episodes to give us the same answer as every previous series that had gone before - no, he can't.

I would love it if the origins made episodes for all series! It was great to see a main character catch all Pokemon in a region, evolve them ALL and win the league. Its about time the main Anime was a bit more like this.

I agree that they should be better paced, perhaps each series could be 20 episodes to show more detail in each adventure.

Scizor Me

Pokemon Origins is exactly what the anime should be like. A strong protagonist and a little more mature. I get Pokemon is meant for the kids but it's a franchise that's been around so long that it has a large adult ( at least older than 16 etc) following. They need to do more of these. Maybe even a separate series. That'd be brilliant. The animation style was far better as well.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Origins has several major flaws that people seem to ignore or don't care about because it's not like that "heinous anime" and it's a major pet peeve of mind whenever someone says that "this is what the anime should be like, or this show should replace the anime" and other some such nonsense.

That being said I did like it for what it was and wouldn't mind seeing more of it.

lanmanna

Honestly,no.It was so rushed and silly,cutting through the more interesting parts.I hated that Red had to use Charizard to finish every battle,like his other pkmn weren't strong enough...stupid.Too much Charizard.

And a Gold and Silver equivalent of the Origins will basically be the same.The kid chooses the Fire starter[because it's cool>.>] and he uses it continuously.We don't get to see most of the gym battles but we do get to see little melodramas,a love story between him and his Fire breathing monster."Oh,Typhlosion,I love your warm breath on my neck.My love will make you Mega evolve and be the master of DEM and I capture all those legendaries and I don't use them because I only want you!You,my darling sexy flaming back Typhlosion!"

So,I spoiled the whole story.I saved them a lot of production money.They should be grateful.

THE END.
Still better than the main series.

Status
Not open for further replies.