• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcast

Should owners of Pokemon White buy White 2 and vice versa? I suspect that it would benefit you to buy the opposite version given how you can experience things you missed as well as obtain version exclusive Pokemon you may not otherwise have.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
For continuity's sake, yes; White corresponds to White 2 (because it's a sequel). But other than that it doesn't really matter. Getting the opposite Version may actually be more strategic, since you would have access to Black's version-exclusives. However, you would miss out on getting Reshiram since it only appears in White 2.

If Black 2 didn't have such good version-exclusives (by my standards), I'd be all over White 2, even though I have Black.

Last edited:

Ferrin

Easily Lost
i'm planning on buying white2 simply because its sounds better having white and white2 instead of white and black2. and he says you can get reshiram on white2^^

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I believe Pokemon Co suggested that you get the sequel to your game. I assume it's for continuity, and possibly a future giveaway w/ the dreamworld.

That said, I got Black the first time, and am getting White 2, for the pokemon selection and white forest.

I believe Pokemon Co suggested that you get the sequel to your game. I assume it's for continuity, and possibly a future giveaway w/ the dreamworld.

That said, I got Black the first time, and am getting White 2, for the pokemon selection and white forest.

the white forest is basically the same as black city in the sequels.

Should owners of Pokemon White buy White 2 and vice versa? I suspect that it would benefit you to buy the opposite version given how you can experience things you missed as well as obtain version exclusive Pokemon you may not otherwise have.

idk...anyone could do that if they want. I'm doing vice-versa so is my brother, I own Pokemon Black and I'm planning to play Pokemon White 2 since I wanted to idk catch the version exclusive.

Ver-mont

That's what Masuda says, and it makes sense. White 2 is the sequel to the story you played in White and vice-versa, it's only logical that you choose the same color.

Estellise

peachy

I don't think it really matters, unless you want version exclusives.

Skydra

I have both Black and White, so nothing on me. I spent more time on White because I use it as my main playing file, and Black for other playthroughs, so I suppose I might buy Black 2 first. Since I'll end up with both of them it changes little which one I get.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Nah, just what ever version you want it doesn't really matter in the long run, unless you want to story to continue.

Also we have a question thread.

coolminun

Banned
Yeah, that way you can get the Legendary Dragon you didn't get before, that's what I'm doing

yeah. Also for continuity. In your original game, n used the opposite dragon against you. You now get a chance to face and catch that same dragon this time around. Zekrom will be mine!!!

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
You don't have to. I'm just getting black 2 because i like its exclusives better. Latios and Registeel (and black kyurem) FOR THE WIN!

Becoming

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
I'm gonna get white 2. It had nothing to do with continuity (even though I did have white); it was just because I liked White Kyurem instead of Black Kyurem. I've decided that I like Reshiram better than Zekrom, full stop :)

But in terms of continuity it does makes sense for people who got White to get White 2 (and vice versa). But if you want the version exclusives then you get the opposite game . . . just get whatever game you want :)

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
Most people are gonna get both anyways. Like I got both black and white, so ill get bw2 versions, both of them.

Well, I have both Black and White. But, I play White more because I wanted Braviary more than Mandibuzz. I'll get Black 2 and White 2. But, play Black 2 more. Isn't Black 2 the continuation of White, or is it with Black? I'm confused. :(

Last edited:

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Why do I have this feeling that this will turn into a speculating thread?

BW2 is coming out in outside JP soon. The coverage for bw2 is almost ending. I don't really get if there's anything to speculate.

Anyways, B2 is awesome because it has Latios. On a side note, when you enter a city (not sure if it's in BW), Black2 is black bar showing name while White 2 is white bar showing name.

Status
Not open for further replies.