• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I don't think it's matter, too. But it's actually kinda nice see N with his Reshiram, which appeared with him in White. I think it was supposed to be like that. Want or not, it's a sequel, and I prefer and suggest (if that person can) that person to get White 2 if he played White just because it's a sequel.

Ursula1

Fade Over Time
I missed the Black/White games, but I have both Black2/White2

Conza

This has probably been said multiple times before, but yeah.. If you've played White, then you captured Zekrom, and N has left with Reshiram. It looks a bit odd if N then returns in Black 2 (if you switched) with the opposite pokemon he left with in White, which you know was caught... -.-

The version exclusive thing is a weak argument, global trade fixes that quite easily.

A variation on that valid point. I've bought X, White 2 and White (along with all Gen III and IV), thanks to GTS, I wouldn't need B or B2 to complete a pokedex anyway? Hope this question is still relevant to the thread, still new

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder
I got White and Black 2. I like Zekrom better, and I also liked the version-exclusives in Black 2 better. I also liked some of the landscape differences better, like the town on Route 4 and the water theme in Reversal Mountain.

Yep, if you've played White, you should buy Black 2.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I bought both Black and White when they were released and I used Black as my main game, but I got White 2 when the sequels were released merely on a whim. My only disappointment was that I assumed we could catch both Zekrom and Reshiram in White 2, so I was upset that I got stuck with Reshiram as my version's Legendary Dragon again.

Sniggleworth

Personally I played Black and then White version 2 purely to chase down Reshiram between my male heroes.
/roleplay Hilbert releasing Reshiram, in turn allowing the future hero a chance to make things right again.

Last edited:

Ruas

I played White, then White 2. There really isn't much difference, so harm in playing the other. I just preferred White 2, since it's the logical sequel to White.

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
That'a basically what I did...I played White, so I'll get White 2.
If I played Black, I'll get Black 2...it really depends on the person's preference. Personally I just like to follow the flow :3

Puddingg

Clefairy Lover ^_^
I personally went with Black & then White 2 ;/. It's all personal preference i guess (no clue why i changed to the white version for the 2nd games.)

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
It isn't the end of the world, you do get all the version exclusives except the mascot legendary.

I did first buy Black but bought white 2 because I thought you could only fuse with Reshiram. I have to say the story was off and weird because it wasn't the version I played, but it did make it seem (Since you were playing a different character as to why N doesn't darnwell recognize you) like you were a new person playing it. I'd say it's just personal preference, didn't do me any harm. But for the story's sake I do advise buying the version that you started out with sequel.

For better story continuity, yes, it would be be better to by the sequel to the last one.

But, like others have said, it's up to personal preference if you want to go, for example, W > B2.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Please don't bump threads that are over a month old.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.