• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
both games though I will play B2 first so I can unlock challenge mode and send it over to white where I will run a themed team for my play-through (why did Nintendo have to make assist mode it really is useless... these games never were challenging as the AI never has been bright... and the trainers almost always use wild moves too :( )

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
Nope. I decided to preorder Pokemon Black 2 (I got Pokemon Black last year), I'm not really much of a fan of Zekrom. He just doesn't interest me as Reshiram does.

ManhattanTheStarr

Personally, I think it makes more sense for White owners to purchase Black 2, and Black owners to purchase White 2, as they will be able to obtain the exclusives that were unavailable to them in the original versions, and gain access to the alternative of Black City/White Forest. Though if they were to get the respective sequels, they would be able to capture the opposite legendary (Zekrom in Black 2 and Reshiram in White 2).

And, uh... DarkGengar, you know Zekrom is exclusive to Black 2, right?

I'll be getting White 2 so I can get the exclusives I missed out on in Black. And fortunately, I own two other DS's, so I can obtain practically every Black 2 exclusive via transferring and trading. I can hold on to them in my Black version, and trade them to White 2 whenever I want to use them. Aaah, the benefits of an extra DS~ (Even if they're damn near exhaustion)

Last edited:

Draco.

Dragon Master.
well, it really doesnt matter,
just buy what game you wanna buy xD

Well, I got Pokémon White, probably will get Black 2. Mainly for the exclusives and because it has Zekrom and Latios.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
I own White, so i will get White 2 to continue the story and catch Reshiram!

confuser987

Will there be any free physical stuff for preordering the sequel game, bc can't I just buy the game when it comes out? What are the incentives besides getting your Keldeo, which I already got.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Will there be any free physical stuff for preordering the sequel game, bc can't I just buy the game when it comes out? What are the incentives besides getting your Keldeo, which I already got.

None at all. Which kinda sucks really since so far the only game pre-order bonus the franchise has ever had (that I know of) is the Giratina figure from Platinum (which luckily, I still have)

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
None at all. Which kinda sucks really since so far the only game pre-order bonus the franchise has ever had (that I know of) is the Giratina figure from Platinum (which luckily, I still have)

There was also the Lugia/Ho-oh figurines for SS/HG, but yeah that's about it.

Anyway, I'm planning on getting Black 2 for B-Kyurem, Challenge mode and the exclusives since I had White.

Ver-mont

I got Pokemon Black, soo.. am I meant to get White 2 or somethingg. Meh, I'll just get White 2.

Technically you should pick Black 2, which is the sequel to the version you played, but you're really free to choose either of them.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm totally blasting that recommendation. I'm getting Black 2 because I prefer the exclusives in it over White 2 this time.

James2344

Keyblade wielder
I had white and am getting black 2 because it is my little brothers turn to choose which game we each get :-(

I'm being old-school and getting B2 after I got Black. Not only do I want to do it in sequels, but I prefer Black Kyurem over White Kyurem. (Which I'm never going to fully understand. Reshiram is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon! And yet, I don't like White Kyurem.)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
For version exclusives, no. For memory link & continuity sake, yes

Streetlight

In terms of continuing on your original story, as with all Pokemon versions, the differences in stories are extremely minuscule and pretty much only deal with what color your legendary is. Just buy the version you feel has what you want.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
Well I had White. But here's the problem.
Black 2 has challenge mode, and I don't know anyone who will give away their challenge mode. But it also has the ugly Black Kyurem (that front sprite) and lacks the White Forest. I've already accepted that I will just have to live without Challenge mode early into the experience and go with White 2

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Well I had White. But here's the problem.
Black 2 has challenge mode, and I don't know anyone who will give away their challenge mode. But it also has the ugly Black Kyurem (that front sprite) and lacks the White Forest. I've already accepted that I will just have to live without Challenge mode early into the experience and go with White 2

White Forest doesn't have the wild Pokémon benefit anymore. But it really does suck that Challenge Mode is restricted to Black 2 only... :/

I say that if you have a friend that will give you the Challenge Mode key, there's no reason not to get White 2 if you already had White to begin with.

DialgasMaster!

EliteChampion!
I guess it really doesnt matter.... i myself am getting pokemon black2 because i already own pokemon black, i preffer to remind myself that its a sequel..... and the fact that i get a shiny gibble! my brother is getting white2 cause he got the first white, so he is gonna get a shiny dratini, oh and i dont really get why in the first black they had reshiram, but in the new one its zekrom and kyurem....
oh well :)
new2[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.