• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanfan17

Dragon Trainer
I dont think it matters too much but I am gonna get white 2 but I owned white.

Covert Cactus

<--- Halloween shiny
I have white and I'm getting white 2. It feels more like a sequal then but I'm still trading zekrom and my shiny kyurem over and using black kyurem. I never really liked reshiram.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Ive got both so ill be playing both. But White was my main game so White 2 will be my main focus. Omg so excited

Shadow XD001

It's good for continuing the story, but not for the Version Exclusives. I preordered Black 2 because I got Black last year and my brother preordered White 2 because he got White last year. In my case, it doesn't really matter because if he has a Pokémon exclusive to his game that I need, we can just trade.

Sucks for you guys that don't have a sibling/friend who plays Pokémon. I also have two friends who play.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If you own a copy of White version then it's rather smart that you get White 2. For story sake.
Not that you need to, but getting the corresponding game gives you the other dragon not given to you in BW1.

ebevan91

It's good for continuing the story, but not for the Version Exclusives. I preordered Black 2 because I got Black last year and my brother preordered White 2 because he got White last year. In my case, it doesn't really matter because if he has a Pokémon exclusive to his game that I need, we can just trade.

Sucks for you guys that don't have a sibling/friend who plays Pokémon. I also have two friends who play.

Ehh... with wifi trading it's not so bad. Now with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen, yeah it sucked. However it is nicer (for me at least) being able to use my own Pokemon and not one received from a wifi trade from someone I'll never know.

Dumekkra

A Pokemon Warlord
I own Black and my brother, White. We're swapping. I, White 2, him, Black 2. I wish to keep Reshiram myself.​

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I bought white first and it's my main of the two so I'll be playing White2 first. I think there's also some kind of correlation between the original and their sequel of the same color.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Sucks for you guys that don't have a sibling/friend who plays Pokémon.

True that. I'm 38 and single. not to mention the fact that I'm an only child. I don't have any friends who play either. That's why I have two DS systems and all versions.

Last edited:

Kabloosh

I'll just trade the Reshiram I get in White 2 to get the other guy. It won't be hard to find someone interested in swapping through the GTS.

Flare♥

Fire Team User
I have Black, so I'm getting White II instead. Since I want to get White Kyurem. Also I don't really see the point in buying both like everyone else said, unless it's for all the pokes that are catchable in that version. I already have all the regi and eon twins, so it won't really matter to me which one I buy. Plus my boyfriend is getting Black II for bascially the same reason, except it's Black Kyurem he wants.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I had gotten Black first and my sister White first but a year later we got the other version.
But since this time we have our own money from babysitting, we both have enough money to get both Black and White 2 which is what we are going to do.

But I'll be playing White 2 first because I like White Kyurem and Reshiram better, while she is going to play Black 2 first for Black Kyurem and Zekrom.
And they will be our main games of them.

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
I own Black so I'll be getting Black 2 because I need to get Zekrom. Although I'll still probably need to get White to get Thundrus.

AxelWolf

Arcanine lover!
I am getting White 2 since I have already the first White.

StarSurgeX

☆ I'm The Captain
Should owners of Pokemon White buy White 2 and vice versa? I suspect that it would benefit you to buy the opposite version given how you can experience things you missed as well as obtain version exclusive Pokemon you may not otherwise have.

Well I agree with you People that have White should get white 2 (thats me in my case) since is a sequel i got white and i pre order white 2

Status
Not open for further replies.