• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickled-witch

Pokemon Breeder
Does anyone know how getting the alternative sequel will effect memory link? A lot of sites say;
"The Memory Link feature allows for your Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 games to collect data from
Black & White related to your game."
Does this mean you have to have the sequel to your original game in order to link the two, or can you go from White to Black2 and vice versa?

This is the main thing messing with my decision making. I don't give a flying fruit cake if I end up with a duplicate legendary as I'm sure there'll
be someone out there looking for a trade. I just don't want to miss out on any new features because of some dumb forced continuity. I'm already
missing out on cool stuff thanks to not having a 3DS yet.

It'll still probably some down to a coin toss anyway :p

Estellise

peachy
I'm getting Black2, but because I don't like Reshiram. >.<

EnragedSwalot

I'm just going to get Black 2 because I have Black version.
I wish they would have changed the version exclusives so that you could White exclusives in black 2.
Now I just feel like getting White and then getting White 2.... meh

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I know I'm getting White 2 for White Kyurem. I love Kyurem with Reshiram's beauty. If Black Kyurem had a better design I would probably get Black 2 first and then get White 2 next.
With the release on America coming up, i had to make a choice so I'd rather continue White in White 2.

GigaGalvantula

Joined for B/W2
I'm getting Black 2 since I had White version. I figured well most of the version exclusives in Black version I never had the chance to catch so now I can catch pokemon like Gothitelle and Whimsicott.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
You don't have to, but I'm mainly getting White 2 because I'm a stickler for story continuity.

Butterfly

i disagree with the idea that you "get stuff you missed out on." that'd be true IF these were games like platinum or emerald. they aren't, however, and therefore there's nothing in, say, black 2 that you'd have missed in white. in fact, you actually would be better off matching versions by that logic, since a lot of the pokemon exclusive to black are now in white 2 and vice versa (like reshiram and zekrom). in the end you're probably best off buying the version that matches your game, since the storyline makes more sense that way. it isn't really a -huge- detail since there arent a ton of plot differences, but even so, it seems odd to me that someone would play black and then buy the sequel to white.

draco4725

I think that if you want to follow the story line you should get the sequel to yours, but if you want to catch the pokemon you couldn't catch in your version and see the other version differences than you should get the other sequel. In my opinion I'm going to get White 2, which is the sequel to mine.
And speaking of buying the sequels I almost got mine yesterday. The person who stocked the shelves at Target accidently put White 2 and Black 2 out for sale. So I asked someone to get one out of the case for me and we went to the checkout. I would have gotten it too until the computer flipped out on the guy. He had to call for help but eventually found out that he couldn't sell it till the 7th. Needless to say, he and I were mad. Him because someone put it on the shelves, and me because I was so close.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Getting black 2 because of challenge mode and i like the design of the routes better.

AWSquared

Not very active here
I'm getting both but Black2 will be my first game I buy, mainly for the version exclusives and I like Black Kyurem alot better. Since I am getting both I won't have to worry much about continuity since I'll eventually play White2. It never really mattered much to me either way though.

Kirnzee

So it comes out tomorrow which is a Sunday, but most places won't get it till Tuesday because of delivery issues, anyone know any place that may have it tomorrow as opposed to Tuesday?

AxelWolf

Arcanine lover!
So it comes out tomorrow which is a Sunday, but most places won't get it till Tuesday because of delivery issues, anyone know any place that may have it tomorrow as opposed to Tuesday?

Well, GameStops here in the US will get it tomorrow since they told me (The people at GameStop) that Nintendo's releases tend to come out on a Sunday while Sony's and Microsoft's games come out on a Tuesday.

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
Does anyone know how getting the alternative sequel will effect memory link? A lot of sites say;

Does this mean you have to have the sequel to your original game in order to link the two, or can you go from White to Black2 and vice versa?

This is the main thing messing with my decision making. I don't give a flying fruit cake if I end up with a duplicate legendary as I'm sure there'll
be someone out there looking for a trade. I just don't want to miss out on any new features because of some dumb forced continuity. I'm already
missing out on cool stuff thanks to not having a 3DS yet.

It'll still probably some down to a coin toss anyway :p
Id like to know this aswell, if anyone has an answer itd be appreciated.

i disagree with the idea that you "get stuff you missed out on." that'd be true IF these were games like platinum or emerald. they aren't, however, and therefore there's nothing in, say, black 2 that you'd have missed in white. in fact, you actually would be better off matching versions by that logic, since a lot of the pokemon exclusive to black are now in white 2 and vice versa (like reshiram and zekrom). in the end you're probably best off buying the version that matches your game, since the storyline makes more sense that way. it isn't really a -huge- detail since there arent a ton of plot differences, but even so, it seems odd to me that someone would play black and then buy the sequel to white.
The only exclusive pokemon youd get by continuing with the same game is the legendary and new-old poke's, other than that you'll miss oh say, Bravary if you go black both times. I plan on getting black 2 to see a new opelucid and a few other version difference related things but the above question is really bothering me and will likely change my mind if it affects memory link at all.

Blaze12x2

It doesn't really matter what game you get as several before me have mentioned, I personally dislike the appearance of Reshiram and like that of Zekrom and even more so with the new Kyurem forms. I got White first, then later got Black for when I was starting to get bored of White and I will probably do the same withe B2/W2 except I'll get Black 2 first

Does both B2 and W2 have the challenge mode or is it just B2 and W2 just has easy mode. Anyone know?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
B2 has the challenge mode key. W2 has the easy mode key.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Now is Memory Link cross compatible? For example using Black 2 to link with White? I've been browsing the internet and I haven't gotten an explanation yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.