• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I was researching what legendaries appear on which version and I was aiming for a Latios. But when I got to the store I forgot what it was. I spent a minute standing and holding the two copies trying to remember but nothing happened. So I just took returned one and took the other one without looking at what I got and I got the Black 2 version. Lucky me I got it right hahaha.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I got both Black and White, so I got both Black 2 and White 2 too.

I always buy both versions.

I got Black 2, even though I had bought White first. What ultimately swayed it for me was the Challenge Key. Part of it was that I'm the only one around the area that plays, and I really saw no reason in buying both games just to get a hard mode. I was fine with not getting Reshiram, I can always just trade for it. On top of all of that though, I wanted a lot of the Black 2 version exclusives, so it worked out for the better.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I got Black 1 because of Reshiram. However, I liked KyuRam's design so much I decided to get White 2 to get KyuRam even though the story would still be in Universe White Version.

henryqueue

PkMn trainer
I wanted the version exclusives, so I went from White to Black 2 and I'm kinda bummed I'm apparently getting Zekrom again. Ah well.

fitzy909

Just another guy
If you got white you should get white 2 (and visa versa), because you will get the opposite mascot. Zekrom on b2 and reshiram on w2. As for other differences, there aren't many. I guess black2 still has mandibuzz, but reversal mountain and black city/white forest, aren't really that different. i would suggest getting the second game, e.g. black-black 2. (that's what i did, but with white)

Sckewi

I think they've done a good job in making Black 2 and White 2 in such a way that you don't feel like you're missing out on anything too megaly-overly-important if you missed out on Black 1 and White 1, while still using the story somewhat to make you curious about Black 1 and White 1 so that you might consider getting one of them.

I'm not sure either way if I'll get a prequel yet, I want to get as much out of White 2 first, but it's a definite possibility that I'll get it. On the other hand by the time I've done everything in White 2 they'l probably announce generation 6, in whichcase I may hold out for that.

In answer to the original question, I think the games stand very well on their own, but it might be fun to get the sequel or prequel if you missed out on it or just want a new Pokemon game. xD

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think it matters which game you get. I choose Black 2 for Zekrom/Black Kyurem.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
I went from Black to White 2. I really like Reshiram so the fact that the legendary pokemon is the same doesn't botter me ^^

White 2 also has LatiAs so thats also a plus

nekomi

Ace Trainer
I tend to always pick the least popular of the two versions (Blue over Red, Gold over Silver, Pearl over Diamond, etc). So since everyone bought White, I got Black and 2 is a continuation and so bLACK II

This happens to me too.

nekomi

Ace Trainer
I really liked Black so I bought Black 2. I wish they would have kept Reshiram in Black 2.

Last edited:

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I always plan on getting both games eventually, one on release, and one a few months later, so it doesn't really matter to me. I own both Black and White, but since Black was the first one I got, I changed it up and got White 2. I'll probably be getting Black 2 sometime after Christmas.

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
I normally go for the version that I prefer, which seems to have the mascot I prefer. Chose REd (Charizard), Silver (Lugia), Ruby (Groudon), Fire Red (Charizard again), Diamond (Dialga), Soul Silver (Lugia again) and Black (Reshiram).

This still doesn't sotp me getting the alternate versions later on at some point, along with the 3rd version updates. Because I got Black though I though Black 2 would have to follow, mainly for continuity purposes.

Darkazure

Gentle Giant
Honestly I think we should so we can have the chance to experience things(black city, white forest, etc.) from a new perspective.

Chaos Rush

Didn't Game Freak say that we're supposed to get the same color as before? Obviously Black 2 is a sequel to Black, not White. And White 2 is the sequel to White, not Black.

And I don't get why people care about version exclusives so much: Ever heard of the GTS?

SceptileFan

I AM RACCOON MAN
Absolutely get them. They're fantastic games. Get the sequel to the one you have though. Otherwise you'll get Reshiram/Zekrom twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.