• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Pokemon White owners buy White 2 and Vice Versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadorai

wandering trainer
well, the only thing that really changes is which dragon you get, but i think getting the version exclusives is more worth it. i got white and black 2 by the way.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This has probably been said multiple times before, but yeah.. If you've played White, then you captured Zekrom, and N has left with Reshiram. It looks a bit odd if N then returns in Black 2 (if you switched) with the opposite pokemon he left with in White, which you know was caught... -.-

The version exclusive thing is a weak argument, global trade fixes that quite easily.

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
I got Black and decided to go with White 2 to complete the thundrus/tornadus pair. I had already gotten Zekrom in Black over the GTS; I'm surprised at the things people are willing to trade for a level 60 Manibuzz.
Although it didn't really matter because I got Thundrus/Tornadus/Landorus anyway when I bought the Dream Radar game off of the online 3DS shop.

aquriomaster

Hyori Hasama
Well if you want both W-Kyurem and B-kyurem then sure
i kinda wish i had bought white 2 (Shiny garchomp looks the same as regular)

To be honest i bought white 2 just to get the shiny Dratini. I also bought black 1 so i think if you want both legends you should buy b1 and b2 and the same for white. Theres actually not TOO much different in versions of bw2.

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
For the sake of the storyline, it would be slightly better in my opinion to have the direct sequel... but just slightly - I have bought White 2 after Black because I was curious about some differences, specially the White Forest. For me it's ok either way.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
You should, in case you wanted to try the sequel and to catch some good version exclusives.

Ditto B1tch

No, you don't need. I think you need to play both version to understand the history, but it's not necessary to have both versions.

B2W2 got a lot of inovations from BW, then after playing it you wouldn't play BW again. It's like leaving R/S/D/P after the release of Emerald/Platinum.

For me, it's rather quite irrelevant which sequel to get. I may have bought White1 first, but I eventually got Black1, as well. When I pre-ordered BW2, I got both at the same time, primarily so I could get all four Regi's, but also so I could see things from both gender's POV's. The Yancy/Curtis trades, in particular, made me glad I got Black2 and made a female char.

Master Ask

I am your Greninja
I got White 1 the day of release and then now I have White 2. I'm happy with it. I've seen so many people get Black 2 no matter which one they got first, probably for the mascot though.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Not really <.>

Main game is Black 1 and got White 2. White 1 I don't really play it. I love Reshiram, but I would have preferred to have gotten the straight story XD as in not getting two Reshis @-@. Still I am quite happy with it since I already got my own Zekrom from my White 1 game before deleting it and restarting P:

devildog201306

Event Collector
or just do what all the cool people(like me) do and buy both versions lol

Shadow_07

Huzzah.
I decided to be different, so after having played Black 1, I bought White 2. Still happy with my choice.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I personally want all four, for the version exclusives as well as the ones only available in the prequels (the kami trio in particular; I don't have a DSi or 3DS so Dream World is no-go for me). I already have Black 2, White, and White 2. Waiting to be able to get Black.

SpoinkyPearl

I don't think it really matters but the storyline fits better if you get for example White 2 and have played White. I have Black and I had decided to buy White 2 but then I had a change to buy Black 2 for a cheaper price so I bought it ^^' And that's really the same reason I originally bought Black - got it cheaper than White :D I don't regret it though, my boyfriend has White and White 2 so we can complete our dexes with trading between our versions.

Only thing I don't like in Black 2 is the fact that you get a shiny Gible instead of Dratini. Gible is probably one of the most boring shinies and looks almost same as normal. Dratini and Bagon would have been a way more better than boring Gible.

Sketchie

literally some guy
I honestly don't think it matters. I got Black1 and White2, and it was just fine. And, when I get White1 and Black2, I think it'll be the same story. I think the only problem with not going B/B2 or vice versa is that N has a different legendary pokemon.

Daveo100

I like Chesse
Yeah but I had both black and white and played white more then black and then got black 2

Status
Not open for further replies.