• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should the GTS be in anymore Pokemon games?

In the beginning, The Pokemon GTS was used for Trading pokemon. Well over the years, The GTS got abused with DNS Cheaters. Now This takes the fun out of games for people. Should it be taken out or at least fixed?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
In the beginning, The Pokemon GTS was used for Trading pokemon. Well over the years, The GTS got abused with DNS Cheaters. Now This takes the fun out of games for people. Should it be taken out or at least fixed?

Taking the GTS out would be a step backward into 3 gen so it won't be going. They properly fix up flaw that it currently has.

halloweenghost

Leave it... it still can be useful.. they just need to tweek it... such as being able to search for pokemon of level say choose this pokemon and what level, that way you don't get pokemon. level 9 and under -_-

I just don't want Pokemon to be ruined. Who would play a pokemon game with level 100 Arceus, White/Black Kyurem and other stuff when YOU JUST GOT THE GAME?!

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
I just don't want Pokemon to be ruined. Who would play a pokemon game with level 100 Arceus, White/Black Kyurem and other stuff when YOU JUST GOT THE GAME?!

Wait wait wait... your problem with the GTS is that beginning trainers can get high level legendaries? That's been happening since generation 1 with Mewtwo and Charizard. That is and always has been a part of the game.

The more legitimate problem with the GTS is the fact that it serves no purpose beyond duping Pokemon at this point. The GTS needs to be able to perform sanity checks on the requests people make, which would require nothing more than an event database like the one Serebii has. If a fansite can make such a resource, surely Nintendo could make something similar and put it on a server for the game to query before accepting a request.

The other problem with the GTS is that with anonymity comes ******* behavior; there will always be that guy who is offering a level 1 Bidoof and looking for a flawless shiny Arceus. That's kind of just a part of the internet though. They could mitigate it somewhat by making newer offers appear before old ones in searches, but that will never fully go away.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I just don't want Pokemon to be ruined.

It won't since time and time again Game Freak has shown us that they are capable of not "ruining" the Pokémon series.

Who would play a pokemon game with level 100 Arceus, White/Black Kyurem and other stuff when YOU JUST GOT THE GAME?!

What does it matter to you if some people do that? It's their game and they are free to play however they want.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

The GTS only allows the user to search for Pokemon recorded as at least "Seen" in their Pokedex.

Please attempt to learn what you're whining about before whining.

Halkel

Experimentalist
The GTS is a huge resource for those without traders. And DNS cannot be blocked as it can easily be changed. Only removing the Auto-Detect DNS from every 3DS, DSi, DS and Lite will stop it but if a server goes down, sometimes they'll ask you to redirect the server to use the service, hence its inclusion even today. Because people know this, you have tools like PokeGTS that give you free access to give pokemon anything you desire. But Like a Yin-Yang. You also have beneficial tools like Pokecheck, which has a Legit Checker which is useful when getting pokemon from the GTS. (I lost Reshiram when someone gave me a Hax Shiny Bellossom there, I was lucky to have it returned to me funnily enough)

As for what the GTS does outside DNS, yeah, people asking for lv.9 or under pokemon needs to go. They need to use some sort of "minimal level databank" containing the lowest level of all available pokemon in game. It blocks underleveled pokemon being sent to them, but not posting such an impossible request.

Dangertrout

I'd like to see some improvements to the GTS, such as the ability to trade fateful encounter pokemon and the ability to search for what people are seeking, rather than what they are offering.
When I have dozens of female starters, I'd like to give them to someone who needs them, instead of just releasing them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'd rather they improve it by denying impossible trades like the ever annoying Reshiram/Zekrom Lv. 9 and under trades. Also, it seems to take too long to take down completed trades. For instance, I was coiling on the GTS when I tried to attempt a trade, only to find out that the trade was already complete. So I do another search, and THE EXACT SAME TRADE IS STILL THERE, which restricts me from finding other trade offers. They need to fix that, it's annoying.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Online battlessssss.....-Blaze

Then don't do them until you are ready or at least finished the game, it isn't the other players fault that you went into an on-line battle unprepared and as a result.

That would be like me taking just up running and entering an Olympic race, expecting to win or be a fair race.

Also learn to quote so I know that you are actually talking to me and my name is blaze boy, not blaze.

Last edited:

Aether13

I'd rather they improve it by denying impossible trades like the ever annoying Reshiram/Zekrom Lv. 9 and under trades. Also, it seems to take too long to take down completed trades. For instance, I was coiling on the GTS when I tried to attempt a trade, only to find out that the trade was already complete. So I do another search, and THE EXACT SAME TRADE IS STILL THERE, which restricts me from finding other trade offers. They need to fix that, it's annoying.
This is pretty much how I feel, especially the level 9 and under trades for lengendaries, also I'd like if they made it so you could cycle through all of the search results, instead of only having the ability to look at 9 or 10 of them.

.......no

Improvements can be inplemented and Gamefreak is a company that is top notch with this. Besides you can

always you know

trade with your other friends.
But some of us don't have that luxury, which makes the GTS great. The only thing I would fix is to have people ask for sensible trades. there are some legendaries that can be level 9 and under but yeah...