• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should the GTS be in anymore Pokemon games?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
But some of us don't have that luxury, which makes the GTS great. The only thing I would fix is to have people ask for sensible trades. there are some legendaries that can be level 9 and under but yeah...

If you have access to this forum, you can always head over to the Trade Forum, which at this point is much more reasonable than the GTS.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I think it should still stay in the games, because you can get decent trades on it.

But there will always be impossibru trades

Shaylup

debeo capere omnes
I love the GTS, even though it is fraught with problems. Because I have no friends

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I don't think he/she's exaggerating... I see weird stuff on there all the time, like pokemon whose sprite doesn't match their species.

It does need fixing. Low level legends and cheats need to be blocked somehow. I usually throw a poke onto the GTS, then jump over to Negotiations. Negotiations works about 50% of the time to find a trade, if you're not looking for an exact pokemon. Sometimes you just end up paired with someone who wants to show off their legends/shinies or refuses to accept anything but legends/shinies though. Or can't work the touch screen well enough to confirm the trade. Nothing as irritating as a fair trade that gets canceled three times in a row. (three strikes you're out)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I don't think he/she's exaggerating... I see weird stuff on there all the time, like pokemon whose sprite doesn't match their species.

It does need fixing. Low level legends and cheats need to be blocked somehow. I usually throw a poke onto the GTS, then jump over to Negotiations. Negotiations works about 50% of the time to find a trade, if you're not looking for an exact pokemon. Sometimes you just end up paired with someone who wants to show off their legends/shinies or refuses to accept anything but legends/shinies though. Or can't work the touch screen well enough to confirm the trade. Nothing as irritating as a fair trade that gets canceled three times in a row. (three strikes you're out)

Oh, yeah. Trolls are everywhere, just bragging about they're shiny Dewott they captured in Masterballs... Unless it's a Dreamworld one (whihc it isn't), they can't.

And it's annoying that only Legends are tradable. Especcially since every single one I already have anywayp <_< it's them Bidoofed Version Excusives.

PsychicPsycho

I'd say it should definately remain. Yeah, if you're going there to trying to get legends you're probably going to have trouble. But it's very useful when trying to get unobtainable pokemon (version exclusives, other gen starters, etc.).

They should definately do something to fix it though. It'd be a great if there was a hack check, and they need to make it so every trade is possible. Sometimes I'll be searching for something and all 7 results are asking for a Zekrom/Reshiram at level 9 or below (literally, although it's rare). Also think it'd be cool if they automatically rejected a pokemon (that is, remove it from search results and return it to the game the next time the owner logs in) if it wasn't traded within a certain amount of time (like maybe a month or something).
That's known as the morphing glitch. Generally, when I see it, the pokemon up for offer has morphed into the pokemon being asked for.

Orithan

The GTS should stay. Even in its current form, it is still better than nothing ;-).

However, Gamefreak really needs to fix it. As others have stated before, the amount of trolls/hackers requesting for underlevelled legendaries and evos I see on there is beyond ridiculous. I search for a Sableye that is obtainable ingame (in hopes of getting a DW one because I don't want to even touch the dream world, Prankster is awsome) to find inane numbers of these trolls requesting for level 1 or 100 legendaries just for a Sableye. As it stands, the GTS is pretty much how I would imagine 4chan to be like in terms of the number and ferocity of trolls on there. However, more than minimum level limits are needed to eliminate these trolls because with only that in place, the trolls that were spamming underlevelled pokemon will only begin spamming requests for level 100s, which I have no solutions to yet.

Flamer

I haven't used the GTS in a long long time, for all the reasons people have mentioned above. That's why places like the trade boards on this forum and wifi chat on the main site are so great. Can actually deal with reasonable people and get some proper business done.

Hopefully they'll fix the GTS in Gen 6. For a feature with so much potential it seems a shame just to bin it or leave it in its current state. My only concern is that you can put as many hack checks, fail safes and boundaries in place as you want, but if people don't want to be reasonable then there's very little you can do to force them to be so. Still, blocking lv9 legendaries would be a start...

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I still use it so.. naw <.> They should just fix the little problems it has like everyone else has said... like the hack checker and such <.>

rocky505

Only if they can fix the BS impossible to get Pokemon (as in level 9 and under Zekrom)

Ame

僕は音楽家 電卓片手に
It needs serious tweaking. Took me ages to work out how to remove Pokemon from the negotiations page once shown.
The amount of under Lv 9 Zekrom's and Reshirams people are asking for on the GTS annoys me.

The ability to search for unseen Pokemon would be nice. Also a window to select what you're looking for and what you can offer would be ideal, as it's completely random and showing you a small pick of whats on offer is rather lame.

shadorai

wandering trainer
In the beginning, The Pokemon GTS was used for Trading pokemon. Well over the years, The GTS got abused with DNS Cheaters. Now This takes the fun out of games for people. Should it be taken out or at least fixed?

i think it should still exist, but they need to fix it so that you can't ask to recieve pokemon that you can't get without cheating, (ex. a level 10 torterra)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It will stay. You can trade with your far away friends or if none of your friends play you can trade with random people.

Validus

If they removed it, i wound't even notice. I used it before, but i can never find what i want thats actually tradeable. So i started using the forums for trading and never looked back.

however i did get a Shiny Combee off of a trade, so random goodies can show up. For those that use it, i hope they fix it, but as for myself, not going to miss it.