• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should the level limit be set at 100?

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I think they could let it go a bit higher, IMO.

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
It's hard enough to get to 100, imagine going to like, 150 or 200. I think 100 in just fine. Plus, stats would be outa control.

Ditto B1tch

When I first played Pokemon I thought it was unlimited, like some online RPG games. But I prefer that it stay with the current limit at 100.

If there were not a final level, we would never stop of collecting experience or, it would be no use as if you had in certain battles the option to lower the Pokemon's levels temporarily.

If there was no cap, then there would have to be infinite evolutions, and that would lead to a Bakugan/Digimon situation, plus GF would have to add tons of coding, you would eventually have an insane Bidoof, etc...

Meeker

It needs a fence.
In all truth, it's been set at 100 for so long. Before I started playing Pokemon, it was still set at 100. There's no need to add more, not that I really care. If the stats get out of control with them though, they could always be balanced out by the out-of-control stats of its opponent. It's good as it is, no need to change anything.

Ditto B1tch

If the stats got out of control, it would still keep balanced theorically because it was going to be out of control for all the Pokemons.

Anyways, I still think that we don't have higher Levels than 100 because it is more a matter of collecting experience.

I can count how many times one of my Pokemons reached Level 100, if there were a higher top level, it was going to be more long and rare reaching the final level.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
100 is a nice round number for the level system to stop at. There's not much reason to go higher. That would just be inconvenient, and slighly annoying. And the games would have to be A LOT bigger too. I mean, they would have to put places in the games with wilds and trainers around 100 for training, right? I imagine trying to train up to lvl 200 or whatever in lvl 70/80 pokémon would get REALLY old REALLY fast. Specially with B/W experience system.

xEryChan

Demon Child
In all the years I've played Pokemon, I've never had a Pokemon reach level 100. It's hard enough to get there as it is, I think 100 is good level limit.

aquriomaster

Hyori Hasama
i think so also my zekrom has a 423 Attack stat imagine that at level 200
sweet mother arceus thats amazing

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
100 is a nice, even number, and it's reasonably close to the level your Pokemon end up as by the end of the game, so I see no reason to change it.

Larry

No doubt they should stick to 100 levels. Like others have said it's such a beautiful round number and it's not too high or too low.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
And is there something wrong with 100?

People EV train their Pokemon, then often Rare Candy them to Level 100, because that's when EVs matter.
Those of us who don't have all those Rare Candies may go battle the Elite 4, repeatedly battle Audino/Chansey/whatever, or something else.

200--do you think people would want to battle a million Audino? Would they want to keep going through E4 battles?

Well I wouldn't. 100 is a good number, and at that level you're already overpowering everything.

*~Silver*~

I think 100 is fine... It's what you really need to get past all the battles, so I have no problem with it... xD Until the day when Elite Four battles consist of level 100 Pokemon, I don't think the rules will change. xD

Super Llama

Aussie Poké Trainer
Reminds me of how this kid back when I was 8 would tell me that all his Pokémon were level 255 or something, funny because I believed him at the time.
I think 100 is a nice limit.

Cutty

Forever now
Level 100 is already high enough. lately the games sorta pushing me to level up more b/c of the strong trainers w/ level 70-80 pokemon.