• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should the level limit be set at 100?

Rodge

100 is fine.

I think they should have a new kind of hidden stat though. Specialty in a type outside their typing? A specialty in a specific move? Maybe even some sort of temporary boost in stat, much like EV, that eventually goes back to zero when they haven't battled for a while. There should be limits ofcourse.

Noctali

Umbreon
Considering some video games cap the levels at 50, I think 100 is pretty generous. I see no need to change it.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Having trained quite a few dozen Pokemon to level 100, it takes a painful amount of time and tedious Elite Four bashing to get even just one Pokemon all the way up there. Go any higher and I doubt most people would even bother.

Unoin

Yes it should stay at 100 because anything higher would be too much, and the next major milestone number is 1000 which is too far away to have to train for

stylesbk

@stylesbk
Def stay at 100, it would be pretty weird having a pokemon at level 101 or higher. I personally try to train as many pokemon up to at least level 80 and I don't think I could handle going past level 100.

lollygag

Banned
It's hard enough to get to 100, imagine going to like, 150 or 200. I think 100 in just fine. Plus, stats would be outa control.

Yep. I couldn't imagine having to take down a level 200 Pokemon. That would easily KILL a level 100.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
ya, I don't think it should change. My Pokemon almost never see level 100, I usually give up on that runthrough way before that point. When they ever do get that high it does not become fun anymore for the most part because you just beat everyone without much hassle.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Yes it should stay at 100 because anything higher would be too much, and the next major milestone number is 1000 which is too far away to have to train for

Can't it only go up to 255 or someting? Or is that just stats?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
99 is dull, 100!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if Vegeta were to play pokemon, "This is absurd!!!! How on earth did you get a level 100 Farfetch'd Kakarot?", "duh I play pokemon".

It would make things interesting, it's never to late to try new things.

Bananarama

The light is coming
99 is dull, 100!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if Vegeta were to play pokemon, "This is absurd!!!! How on earth did you get a level 100 Farfetch'd Kakarot?", "duh I play pokemon".

It would make things interesting, it's never to late to try new things.

*Vegeta looks at severely overleved Pokemon* IT'S OVER 9000!

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Pokemon levels of 9999 would be incredibly ridiculous. I think capping at 100 is perfectly fine.

Look at how crazy the leveling up in Disgaea can get if you play long enough. And then you can go from 9999 to 1 and not lose any stats and level up even more... @_@

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
100 is fine.

I think they should have a new kind of hidden stat though. Specialty in a type outside their typing? A specialty in a specific move? Maybe even some sort of temporary boost in stat, much like EV, that eventually goes back to zero when they haven't battled for a while. There should be limits ofcourse.

It would be cool if pokémon have a hidden type much like a hidden ability, just to add on to what you're saying. But pokémon should stay at lvl 100

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Definitely 100. Think of the grinding it takes to get to level 100. No player in their right mind would play the game just to get their Pokemon to level 999.

Dragonquester

Fear the dragon
Level limit has never changed, really don't want it to.

Dragonquester

Fear the dragon
I agree so much. Pokemon training is fun, but their is a limit to how much I can take.

golduck#1

Making it any higher would not only make it almost impossible to down any pokemon that are over level 100 but it's also hard enough to even get a pokemon to level 100 so to make it any higher would make everyone not even bother training them up... properly amuways.